Author Topic: Choosing a Pyr puppy...  (Read 2869 times)

GYPSY JAZMINE

Choosing a Pyr puppy...
« on: September 29, 2005, 11:57:55 am »
I made all the wrong choices when choosing Samson...It was a long haul but I don't regret it for a minute!!...I had already done all the research on choosing a puppy but it all went right out the window when I saw him...He was EVERYTHING that every piece of info. I ever read said NOT to choose in a Pyr pup...Though I don't regret picking him & I believe our bond is so strong because of all we had to overcome together, , I made a more logical choice with Pippin...& I am so very happy with him too but I have to admit he was alot less work & stress...Anywa y, here is an article on choosing a Pyr pup.
http://www.papyr.org/breed_04.html

Kiahpyr

Re: Choosing a Pyr puppy...
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2005, 09:46:13 pm »
Thanks for sharing! I did a ton of research before I got Kiah. She's the greatest! I'm happy that you and Samson have a great connection. I think it also depends on the person that gets the pup to shape it into a model doggy.  :)

Offline iluvbigdogz

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2005, 06:49:24 am »
Gypsy, I did the EXACT thing you did. Busa was a ton of work. He is almost 2 now and is wonderful. Boy did we have some rough times. I am glad Pippin has been easier; if you went through what we went through you deserve an easy one.  I guess it works the same way with kids. One can be easy and the other hard.

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2005, 12:19:16 pm »
Gypsy, I did the EXACT thing you did. Busa was a ton of work. He is almost 2 now and is wonderful. Boy did we have some rough times. I am glad Pippin has been easier; if you went through what we went through you deserve an easy one.  I guess it works the same way with kids. One can be easy and the other hard.
I really believe the rough times make for a stronger trust bond though...Sammy is "my boy"...He is the apple of my eye!...I love Pippin just as much but in a slightly different way as they are just different dogs...Pippin is so strong & confident...Sa mson, well, Samson NEEDS me...Pippin just needs me to take care of him...Pippin is everything a LGD should be & I love him beyond descriptive words :) but Samson is my heart. :)

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2005, 08:42:24 pm »
Gypsy you could be talking about Sugar Bear and Dixie.  Sugar Bear needs his mommy.  Dixie needs to be doing something and loves to guard the property.  Sugar Bear want to guard Mommy by being in my lap. I was worried when I lost Rosie that I was not going to be able to love a new one as much.  Wrong! I just love them in a different way.  I love them as much I just have loved her longer. I now love watching the difference in their personalities.  Just think how much fun three or four would be to have.

Lisa

I really believe the rough times make for a stronger trust bond though...Sammy is "my boy"...He is the apple of my eye!...I love Pippin just as much but in a slightly different way as they are just different dogs...Pippin is so strong & confident...Sa mson, well, Samson NEEDS me...Pippin just needs me to take care of him...Pippin is everything a LGD should be & I love him beyond descriptive words :) but Samson is my heart. :)
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)