Author Topic: I have to vent....sorry  (Read 7677 times)

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
Re: I have to vent....sorry
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2005, 09:01:05 am »
Illinois, Chicago area (actually DeKalb area, but nobody knows where that is.   :D )

I was going to get her certified out here, but she has a bit more leash work to do before I want her tested.  She's good in my mind, but I'm afraid any kind of mess up and she'll fail the test, so I want her PERFECT (which I'm not sure she can do).  Even if I got her certified out here, I would have to pay a yearly fee which isn't worth it when we're moving in 6-8 months, and then pay another yearly fee out there.

Offline lilysmom

• Big Paws-a-holic
  • When I rescued Lily, she rescued me right back!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2005, 09:09:09 am »
She doesn't have to be perfect.  That's what is so great about this.  When they evaluate you they see that you have control over your dog.  They don't judge you based on perfection.  Go to the delta society homepage and look up the prerequisites for certification and it lists everything your dog has to accomplish.  It's really quite easy.  Good luck with your certification. :)
When I rescued Lily, she rescued me right back!

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2005, 10:34:19 am »
Their requirements look pretty much the same as TDI's.  I think I was looking at TDI b/c there were no Delta evaluators in this area, but maybe that's changed.   The only thing I am worried about with her is that she gets very excited in new places.  There is no where I can practice taking her into buildings here (where she doesn't get a treat from people........ .....which is why she gets so excited, most places hand out treats).  I do have control over her and she listens, but she is definitely more distracted.  Mostly I am worried about the walking on a loose lead.......... ....she doesn't pull, but prefers her lead taut.  Everything else should be fine.

I wasn't aware you had to take a class to join this group.  I guess that's actually a good thing, and more places should do that.