Author Topic: World's Tallest Dog  (Read 4160 times)

Offline suzanne

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
    • raised dog feeder
World's Tallest Dog
« on: October 18, 2005, 01:27:50 pm »
Gibson holds several world records...Worl d's tallest dog, tallest therapy dog, tallest Great Dane...and he has his own site  http://www.gibsondog.com/
Suzanne, Sophia (5 yr. old Pyr) and Riggs (10 month old Newf)

www.raiseddogf eeder.com

Offline Tulsas' Dad

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Re: World's Tallest Dog
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2005, 01:42:50 pm »
Wow!
Gibson is one BIG beautiful boy.
Danes are too cool.
They kinda have an idea how big they are, but they don't flaunt it.
The scientific name for an animal that doesn't either run from or fight its enemies, is Lunch.--Michael Friedman

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2005, 01:49:09 pm »
Wow!
Gibson is one BIG beautiful boy.
Danes are too cool.
They kinda have an idea how big they are, but they don't flaunt it.
Walk softly but carry a big WOOF huh John? :) ;D :D

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2005, 02:02:49 pm »
Strange, I thought THIS was the world's tallest dog.

http://www.gentlegiantsrescue.com/family.htm

Offline BabsT

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2005, 06:05:25 pm »
To be quite honest...I dont believe much in the gentle giant rescue....I was reading up on them and had a lot of information on them on my old PC but it crashed.  They are pretty shady.  I also was reading that CA shelters and rescue wont give the dogs to them....Let me do some digging and I will post the published information
Zero 23mth  Central Asian Ovcharka
Anchara 16mth old Caucasian Ovcharka

Offline Saintgirl

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2005, 09:28:23 pm »
I think gentle giants is a little sketchy myself. Gentle giants claim that their worlds largest dog is 43.5 inches and weighs in at 295lbs, while Gibson is 42.6 inches and 170lbs. I'm not disputing the height of either one of these dogs, but can someone tell me how Avalanche weighs 125 lbs more and is only 0.9 of an inch taller??? 295lbs seems like a serious exaggeration. Hmmmmmm....... .......
Leah, Hutch, and Abbey

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2005, 09:50:16 pm »
I don't know much about Gentle Giants Rescue, except whenever I go to their website or see their petfinder dogs I get a really creepy unexplainable feeling.  :-\

Gibson, on the other hand, what a guy!!! :D
« Last Edit: October 18, 2005, 09:50:50 pm by doghealer »

Offline GreatDanz

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Truly Great Danes!
    • View Profile
    • Mickey's Gold Bead Adventure
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2005, 10:20:04 pm »
Yea, don't even get me started on Gentle Giants, IMO there isn't much reputable about them.

Gibson is a pretty boy, the sad thing is that his owner is using his biggest dog title as advertisement for breeding him.
-Ericka

Try and penetrate with our limited means the secrets of nature and you will find that, behind all the discernible concatenations, there remains something subtle, intangible and inexplicable.  Veneration for this force beyond anything that we can comprehend is my religion. -Albert Einstein

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2005, 10:29:59 pm »
Danz,

I heard that Gibson is fixed but that she churns out puppies that are "Related to the tallest dog in the world".  Personally I think that she's taking advantage of him, people have to pay to have their pics taken with him, he never goes anywhere without his "Canidae" billboard, but as far as I know he's well taken care of. 

Also in regards to Gentle Giants.  Awhile ago I posted a Yahoo group that had alot of info on action against GG.  However people didn't want to join just to read info.  A group of rescues who're working to get GG either closed down or legitamate has a site that was down for a while and now is back up under a different name.  There's a TON of info on there.

http://www.gracieland.org/RW/index.html
« Last Edit: October 18, 2005, 11:18:35 pm by Anky »
BPO's Official Mistress of Mirth

Charter Member of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club

"And you will know us by the trail of skank."

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2005, 11:16:25 pm »
Ang, that link doesn't work.

I'm not advertising for GG, I'm just posting what they had on their website.   I thought it used to say he was in the Guiness Book, but couldn't find it when I was looking.  After hearing what has been going on with them, I certainly wouldn't adopt from them now.

As far as the weight goes, I have a better time believing the 295 lbs only b/c Avalanche is built so stocky.  Gibson is at least 6 in taller than the average dane, yet is only about 20 lbs heavier?  Even though he is built leaner.  He sure is a handsome fella though.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2005, 11:17:05 pm by ZooCrew »

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2005, 11:23:26 pm »
Ang, that link doesn't work.

I'm not advertising for GG, I'm just posting what they had on their website.   I thought it used to say he was in the Guiness Book, but couldn't find it when I was looking.  After hearing what has been going on with them, I certainly wouldn't adopt from them now.

As far as the weight goes, I have a better time believing the 295 lbs only b/c Avalanche is built so stocky.  Gibson is at least 6 in taller than the average dane, yet is only about 20 lbs heavier?  Even though he is built leaner.  He sure is a handsome fella though.

Sorry I had it down wrong.  That's what I get for trying to type it out as opposed to copy and pasting it.  I fixed it. 

As for the weights, Tenchi is about 6 inches taller than Sanity but they weigh about the same.  It's all in the build.  Gibson is like skin and bone, the ideal Dane has alot of muscle tone.  And as for Avalanche..... .  I HEARD (Do not know for a fact, just a rumor) that they purposely made him that big so that they could put him in the books and get free advertising, however Avalanche wasn't nearly close enough to get in the books on weight or height.
BPO's Official Mistress of Mirth

Charter Member of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club

"And you will know us by the trail of skank."

Offline MustLove Dogs

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2005, 10:55:19 am »
WOW :o
"The more boys I meet the more I like dogs"

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion"

I'm blonde... whats your exc