Author Topic: :'( I'm becoming a house frau!!! :'(  (Read 8778 times)

Offline lilysmom

• Big Paws-a-holic
  • When I rescued Lily, she rescued me right back!
    • View Profile
Re: :'( I'm becoming a house frau!!! :'(
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2005, 09:01:37 pm »

Oh to be young & in love again....lol.. .Have a couple of kids...You'll get over it! :D I used to scrub the floor on my hands & knees & then wax it...That was back in "the day"...Tonight I mopped the floor & threw down a blanket I found on the family room couch & wiped up the muddy water with that & my foot...lol!

Oh, you're so bad, lol.  I used to be the queen house frau.  I had 3 kids and now if someone shows up at my door I'm kicking stuff under the couch and using scotch tape to get the dog hair off the couches.  Muddy paw prints....well ....I let the dogs run over them until they kind of blend with the tile.lol.  Then I get around eventually to mopping.  My house is not dirty, but totally lacks the organization it once had.  My life now consists of cleaning up toys...changin g diapers...cook ing for what seems like a whole army...oh, did I mention cleaning up toys?   :D
When I rescued Lily, she rescued me right back!

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2005, 11:29:04 pm »
I think the reason that it freaks me out so bad is because I am usually the anti-housefrau.  I think I would Swiffer dog hair up like once a week.  I'd sweep crumbs off the counter onto the floor because the dogs would eat it and I didn't have to walk all the way to the trash can.  We have a bedroom (We kind of gave it to the dogs because no one wanted to sleep there) where I would throw EVERYTHING when people came over.  There were always dishes in the sink and we never washed anything till we needed it, and then we would do a load of dishes and by the time they were done we'd forget why we wanted them.  Dinner consisted of if we wanted frozen pizza or take out pizza.   I told Matt of my concerns (Before he fell asleep) and he said it's not my fault I was bred to be a domestic pack mule and I could only fight it for so long.  (And no he's not making a dig about women.  He's making a dig about my family, where all the women are trained to be perfect makers of the home.)   Hopefully this will go away.  Please dear GOD I hope this goes away.
BPO's Official Mistress of Mirth

Charter Member of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club

"And you will know us by the trail of skank."

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2005, 01:05:10 am »
I think the reason that it freaks me out so bad is because I am usually the anti-housefrau.  I think I would Swiffer dog hair up like once a week.  I'd sweep crumbs off the counter onto the floor because the dogs would eat it and I didn't have to walk all the way to the trash can.  We have a bedroom (We kind of gave it to the dogs because no one wanted to sleep there) where I would throw EVERYTHING when people came over.  There were always dishes in the sink and we never washed anything till we needed it, and then we would do a load of dishes and by the time they were done we'd forget why we wanted them.  Dinner consisted of if we wanted frozen pizza or take out pizza.   I told Matt of my concerns (Before he fell asleep) and he said it's not my fault I was bred to be a domestic pack mule and I could only fight it for so long.  (And no he's not making a dig about women.  He's making a dig about my family, where all the women are trained to be perfect makers of the home.)   Hopefully this will go away.  Please dear GOD I hope this goes away.
Did you ever hide the dirty dishes in the oven because company was coming on little notice?...lol!

Offline Jen and Rick

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2005, 03:10:00 am »
This thread made me chuckle...and it's true, the cooking and cleaning will pass.  :D

I've been on a baking kick lately too.  Probably because of the holidays coming up.  This morning, Rick said he was in a bummed mood, so I made him whole wheat pancakes with butter, apple syrup, and toasted walnuts on top.  He's full and happy right now, but poor guy, this just doesn't happen often!

Offline pndlake

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2005, 04:07:34 am »
Did you ever hide the dirty dishes in the oven because company was coming on little notice?...lol!

HaHa I remember throwing the dirty dishes in the oven when company was a coming.  Then I forgot they were there and preheated the oven to cook a roast.  Guess was goes around comes around.
Peggy

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2005, 06:45:22 am »
Actually, you're in luck!  I typed it out for Andi earlier.

-----------

Recipe for YUMMY bread

Put into large mixing bowl (DON'T USE PLASTIC)

3 cups flour
1/2 cup dry milk
2 packages of dry yeast
1 TABLEspoon of salt
2 TABLEspoons of honey or sugar

Mix thoroughly

Add 2 1/2 cups of hot water
1/4 oil

Beat for 2 minutes

Add flour slowly while mixing till the dough comes away from the side of the bowl

Turn onto floured bread board, knead for 10 minutes

Divide into 2 equal sections, shape into loaves and place in greased and floured bread pans.

Let rise until double in bulk (About an hour depending on altitude)

Bake in preheated oven at 375 degrees for 30-35 minutes.
BPO's Official Mistress of Mirth

Charter Member of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club

"And you will know us by the trail of skank."

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2005, 12:58:13 pm »

HaHa I remember throwing the dirty dishes in the oven when company was a coming.  Then I forgot they were there and preheated the oven to cook a roast.  Guess was goes around comes around.
I knew there was a reason I felt a bond to you Peggy! ;D

Offline Good Hope

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2005, 07:35:43 pm »
I'm not quite sure why you are upset over having a little fun doing chores.  (Granted, they are more than I usually do...but I have something of an idea.)  That's good!

Hopefully you won't "snap out of it," because you will be doing most of the same chores, ANYWAY!!!  ;D  You might as well enjoy them.  :D

Seriously, it is SO much better when cleaning if you like it a little.  It is hard to help with cleaning up after dinner when all I can think about it being somewhere else, but it is enjoyable if I settle down and just work.  There is another reason to clean too: Disorder and dirt are truly depressing.  I don't know how you are, but I hate seeing much of either.  (But I can escape to doing school or practicing the piano when things are that bad and I can't stand it!   ;)  Yes, it can be that overwhelming when things haven't been picked up much that day.  No, I don't do much cleaning except for some in the kitchen and vacuuming, both mostly on weekends, but I do help "tidy up" after the smaller children.)

So, congrats on becoming a housewife!  There is a legitimate pride in working with your hands and getting something worthwhile accomplished.

But maybe that was not the response you were hoping for?

Sofia

P.S. You all can be there to say "I told you so," when I get married and this idealism (that is what you are probably thinking it is) falls by the wayside.   ;)  But I am hoping it doesn't.

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2005, 12:12:05 am »
LOL I caught the house frau bug! I stayed home from work yesterday as both Fur kids were sick. I was up all night letting them out to well lets just say it was not fun picking up the dogs droppings yesterday in the day light. Soo I didn't want to take the chace of coming home to dog poo every where. So I wake up at 6 call into work. Go back to bed wake up at 7 hear Dilbert making puke sounds open den try and get him out side saying " don't puke on the carpet" over and over almost make it to the door but not quite. Get him outside he does his business, clean up most of the mess on the carpet, will clean steam clean carpet later. Get Dilbert back in and and back to bed. Hubby wakes up at 8 and gets ready for work. Calls at 9:30 and he is coming home he works late shift today. I get out of bed and start to clean.  Hubby gets home and makes breakfast. Yummy  ;D then I cook some brown rice for the dogs, blan food for them for a few days. Then I proceed on the house cleaning duties. I change the sheets on the bed. sweep floors and wash them. Vaccuum the carpet. Do the dishes. Then I start to cook. I prepared that nights dinner, so all I would have to do is warm it up I also then decided to bake a casserole as well. So I got that done then I steam cleaned the carpet as well. Then that night I also baked some cookies. Let me just say that I was pooped by then end of the day!

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)