Author Topic: My New Pup Guinness  (Read 12146 times)

Yaz

My New Pup Guinness
« on: April 28, 2005, 07:25:12 pm »
Hi Everyone;
Great site! We got our Saint Guinness three weeks ago (he's 10 1/2 weeks) and are thoroughly enjoyhing him. He's our first Saint and his temperment is wonderful. He is a bit on the dominant side, but I think he's smart enough to soon figure out he's not in charge  ;).

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
Re: My New Pup Guinness
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2005, 09:03:39 pm »
Congratulation s, you have a set of twins  ;D They are both adorable, and the fourlegged child is sooo cute. I am very much looking forward to see more pics of him and hear a whole lot more from all of you.

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2005, 09:21:14 pm »
He's super cute. I really like that picture with both babies. How much age difference is there between them?
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Yaz

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2005, 06:08:35 pm »
My son Simon's is 3 and a half months, and Guinness is 11 weeks, so they're roughly a month apart. It's a bit busy at our home since I also have a daughter whose 18 months and a son whose 3, but the puppy is the easiest of the bunch to train :)!

Offline coonie1970

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2005, 10:44:52 am »
Your babys are adorable. I to have a St. and 3 children. Our Judge is just wonderfull with the kids. Some days it gets a bit crazy with everyone wanting MOMs attention but I couldnt immagine life without all of them!!
Good luck and keep us posted on your new addition.
I really hate this pic of me but here we all are.
Karen
Karen :) Image hosting by Photobucket

Offline amajac

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2005, 09:03:27 am »
Your babies are adorable.  Here is one of four of my boys.  The Saint is Austin the Adorable, the boys are my grandsons, Noble and Sterling and the Swiss Mountain Dog is my granddog Count Fosco.  You couldn't have picked a nicer breed to have with kids.

Cheryl and her furkids, Saint Austin the Adorable, Smokey, Mr. Spock, Warlock and Mouse.
Cheryl Hain
Amajac

Yaz

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2005, 08:14:21 pm »
Hi Karen;
I love your family photo and Judge is beautiful! Your children look close in age like mine - how old are they? I know what you mean about not enough time and attention to go around - thank goodness that Saints are pretty patient!

Offline coonie1970

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2005, 09:15:33 pm »
Thanks. David will be 7 in August, Katey will be 6 in Sept. and Olivia will be 3 in Sept. Judge is so wonderfull with them. Im so happy we picked him for our first family dog. The kids just love him.
How old are your children??
Karen

Offline new2saints

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2005, 02:23:11 pm »
This picture really made me laugh and feel I was right at home.  I have a double stroller, also, and the first few times we took Bailey for a walk, she would decide she was tired and just sit, and wouldn't budge....so into the other half of the stroller she went :)  You should have seen the funny looks I got heeeheee heee!  Here I am with four kids, three walking, one in the stroller, and a Saint puppy, in there, too.  Now she is  13 weeks and over 30lbs.  I don't think she'll fit anymore  :D  Its sooo nice to see other "big" families with "big" dogs!!  I have four children and although it can be busy at times, it is worth every minute!!

new2saints

Yaz

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2005, 06:11:04 pm »
Oh it's so wonderful to find other mums with big dogs and kids - we should start our own forum - hee hee! When I take the brood for a walk or meet other mums and they find me with three kids under three and a puppy, their reactions are beginning to make me feel like I am crazy but didn't know it. But  seeing your photos and hearing about your families validates me! I try to explain to people that the dog is for me, more than the kids, but you have to be a true dog lover to understand that having a puppy actually fills your cup rather than drain it. The love I have for my children is so very deep and complex - filled with a lot of worry, but the love I have for Guinness is very simple and relaxing - if that makes any sense at all  :).

Offline coonie1970

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2005, 07:32:55 pm »
Yaz
You said it PERFECTLY!!! People say the same to me and like you I wonder if maybe I am a little crazy. :-\ but Judge adds more love to our family. Who wouldnt want that?? Sometimes I think that Im GOING a bit crazy. LOL Ive had a sick 2 year old and a 6 year old that has been pushing EVERY button but then after everyone is asleep I can take Judge for a walk and just relax. I beleive we are all brought together for a reason and that includes the dog.
I really love the way you say your cup is full and not drained. So is mine!! :)
Take care!
Karen

Offline coonie1970

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2005, 07:38:52 pm »
Yaz
I just read your profile. I didnt realize you were in Toronto. I am in Kirkland Lake (you may remember a few years ago Toronto garbage was supposed to come to K.L) about 6 hours North of T.O.Anyhow just thought it was cool that you were that close. :)
Karen

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2005, 08:39:34 pm »
I never thought I would become a crazy dog mom, but here I am...talking about my dog ALL the time. People at work think I'm nuts but I don't care because I've gotten so much out of the life we've had with Bear. Simple, uncomplicated, unconditional love. Nothing beats that!
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline Saljen

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Rosie with icy whiskers
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2005, 02:38:33 am »
I have read other people on here also saying that it is nice to know other big dog owners because others think they're crazy, are crazy for having big dogs and kids, etc. Here's my question: What on earth is wrong with all these nosy people with all these opinions on how we live our lives??? I too have received WAY too many comments from people about how I choose to my life with my family, human and otherwise.  ;) When we decided to get my big girl Rosie, you would never believe the amount of disapproving comments I heard because of how big she was, we didn't have enough room, had too many dogs anyways, blah blah blah... I took them all nice enough and in stride, but really, it offended me! It is no one's business but ours, and WHO on earth are we hurting? Still, I get to hear things such as: when I'm on the phone and all the dogs start barking at something, an otherwise well-meaning friend saying "how do you STAND living with all of that?" GRRR! or a usually friendly family member informing me that she thinks that Rosie is 'running' our household just because we haven't been able to train her not to jump on visitors yet and so its a bit of a big to-do when people come over. Please! Even if I thot it was true, I would never tell someone something like that! I just think its plain rude. For some reason when it comes to pets, people think they can say whatever they want to. And also for some reason it seems a bit common for people to be pretty intolerant of big dogs. Too much to handle, making life more unpredictable, I suppose - not to mention hairy, dirty, slobbery and stinky! But I LOVE all of that! I'm with Yaz about the filling of the cup - dogs and kids are part of what make life worth living, and having them together is just even better. I wouldn't trade my girls for a billion $, any more than I would my own son. It all just equals up to more fun, more laughs, more happiness, and more love. Who could ask for more?  ;D
Sorry, just had to rant on that a bit...

Offline coonie1970

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2005, 06:53:41 am »
Saljen
no problem. Im with you on the Whos business is it. I would never say anything to people about there choises eather but I guess thats why we are easy targets. I get the OH My he s way to big and way to slobbery, and of course way too stinky. I just laugh. Too bad THEY are the ones missing out. Not us.