Author Topic: Kong filler??  (Read 8987 times)

Offline brandon

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
    • HaveParrotWillTravel.com
Re: Kong filler??
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2005, 04:43:43 am »
The Freezer! We gotta try that now.

Wonder if I should try some of the regular things he likes to eat, bits of kitchen sponge, some cat litter, bird seed, leaves , and odd bits of wood..  ;)
“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2005, 04:44:58 am »
The Freezer! We gotta try that now.

Wonder if I should try some of the regular things he likes to eat, bits of kitchen sponge, some cat litter, bird seed, leaves , and odd bits of wood..  ;)
HAHAHAHAHHAHA>>>ROFLMAO!

Offline Newf Lover

• BPO Fanatic
  • Cool dog + Cold beer = Chilled Out
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ryanbrumley.com
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2005, 04:49:12 am »
Some people think White Widow is the best, but I prefer Northern Lights......  Oh, you said KONG filler.  Whoops!   ;D 

I've heard that Peanut Butter is really good to use, we've tried some of that Natures Pride stuff, that's packed in those Jimmie Dean sausage-like tubes.  That all works good, the problem is it gets all nasty and moldy if you don't clean it out right away.  We haven't had much luck with Kongs, Drake prefers Soccer balls and Basketballs, so we stopped using them.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2005, 04:49:49 am by Newf Lover »
My Newfoundland Lives My Life As Passionately As I Live His.

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2005, 04:51:16 am »
I put the kongs in the dishwasher after they are done with it.

Some people think White Widow is the best, but I prefer Northern Lights......  Oh, you said KONG filler.  Whoops!   ;D 

I've heard that Peanut Butter is really good to use, we've tried some of that Natures Pride stuff, that's packed in those Jimmie Dean sausage-like tubes.  That all works good, the problem is it gets all nasty and moldy if you don't clean it out right away.  We haven't had much luck with Kongs, Drake prefers Soccer balls and Basketballs, so we stopped using them.
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2005, 04:51:20 am »

LMAO you are so funny!
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2005, 07:48:18 am »
I've tried putting dog cookies in kongs, cheese bits, and making kong peanut-butter popsicles, but zoey just doesn't like them. She has trouble getting the treats out, so she gets bored quickly and just gives up - she is such a quitter...

But zoey LOVES her UFO thing (the same one jen posted). We can open and close it to the right size, and it is challenging for her, but not so challenging that is frustrates her. We'll put in cookie bits, but her very very favorite is when we leftover steak  (I put them one or two little chunks at a time and refill it when she gets them out).
RIP former BPO

Offline Fumble

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2005, 08:58:53 am »
thanks everyone for all your responses!!  I think i'm def going to try the frozen peanut butter, heaven knows he loves things that are frozen!! :)  Thanks again!!
"My newfoundlands live my life as passionately as i live theirs"
"I slip the hater of what i've become.  they slip the halter of what they've been, and we live together, passionately, changed"
-Both from "in the company of newfies"

WE REPRESENT THE LOLLIPOP GUILD!!!