Author Topic: Mastiff Growth  (Read 17466 times)

Offline fcsantos

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
Mastiff Growth
« on: October 22, 2005, 07:56:08 am »
My OEM Zoe is going to be six months old on Monday and I would like to know if she is over or under the height and weight charts. She is 26" at the shoulder and weighs in at 63 pounds. Is this normal? over or under where she should be? please help.

Offline BabsT

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Re: Mastiff Growth
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2005, 06:32:38 pm »
Is your dog healthy?  Is she eating healthy?  Does she move well?  Can you feel the ribs when you feel/rub down the side of your dog without looking for them?  Then your dog is normal weight and height.  There are so many different lines of OEM's some being on the larger side some on the smaller side...I have a 21wk old caucasian Shepherd that t 19wk she weighed 60lbs but she is on a larger than average scale...

Keep your dogs lean, healthy and dont over exercise and dont worry about the charts...they grow for 3 years and will bulk up overtime, so mature faster than others...

Good Luck
Zero 23mth  Central Asian Ovcharka
Anchara 16mth old Caucasian Ovcharka

Offline cheesemastiff

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2005, 04:57:12 pm »
Your Zoe is in the Healthy weight zone... :).... One of my mastiff weighed in at 70 pounds and the bull/eng mastiff weighed in at 68 pounds when they were 6 months old... ;D... puppies weight varies as long as you are feeding your puppy 3 to 4 times a day and keep her active...  she will grow up healthy and happy...... ::)
« Last Edit: October 26, 2005, 05:09:07 pm by cheesemastiff »

Offline poseidon

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2006, 07:23:49 am »
my male mastiff is 7 months old and is 150 lbs. his dad was 215 at a year. and his grandfarther is 280 and is 5 years old. now my female is 2 years old and is 145 lbs.

Offline Magnus

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2006, 11:25:29 am »
I would love to see some pics of these pups!
StanLee- American Mastiff
Julie- Rottie
Steve- Pug/Jack Russel
Neeko- My old rottie friend waiting at the bridge

Offline amyjo248

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2006, 11:52:24 am »
My Sophie is 5 months and 1 week and just tipped the scale at 80 pounds.  But she is growing so fast it is concerning me so what do I know!?  Because of her recent growth spurt there is more rib showing but the vet says it will catch up with her in the next month and not to worry.

Offline cumminspower

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2006, 01:42:29 am »
sounds healthy too me...my OEM/Bull is 5 months, and 24 1/4 and 102 pounds. But his daddy was a big boy at 36" and 245.....his momma was even big for a bullmastiff at 27" and 160 pounds. It all depends on the genetics and all that other stuff!

Offline greek4

• Majestic Member
  • Kole with Maia, Baxter, Rocco, and Cody
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2006, 02:39:10 pm »
Maia is almsot 1 year 8 months and weighs only 120lbs tops.  She is healthy and slim.  She just won't be very big.
Thanks,

Emily and 1 husband, 1 boy, 1 on the way, and 4 crazy dogs