Author Topic: Does your dog like the laser pointers?  (Read 3432 times)

Offline BabsT

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Does your dog like the laser pointers?
« on: October 22, 2005, 09:09:08 pm »
My CO does...she cant get enough of it

http://media.putfile.com/Laser59
Zero 23mth  Central Asian Ovcharka
Anchara 16mth old Caucasian Ovcharka

Offline lilysmom

• Big Paws-a-holic
  • When I rescued Lily, she rescued me right back!
    • View Profile
Re: Does your dog like the laser pointers?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2005, 09:31:32 pm »
we used to use the laser for my dobie about 10 years ago.  He got to the point that if he saw any reflected light he would howl at it.  It was so funny.  I think lasers should have been invented for dogs and cats.  It keeps them so busy. :)
When I rescued Lily, she rescued me right back!

Kiahpyr

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2005, 10:14:17 pm »
Kiah and the cats go crazy over the laser pointer. It's the only time the cats really don't care if the dogs around or not. They are faster, so it's usually ends up being the cats playing. Misha is so cute!!!!

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2005, 02:28:45 am »
We don't have a laser for zoey but I probably should get one... My sister's cats LOVE theirs; it never ceases to amuse them.
RIP former BPO

Offline rutylr

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2005, 02:47:39 am »
One of my puppy people thought it was funny to watch his puppy chase the light.I told him this is bad and I would never allow anyone to shine a light for my dog to chase it.
Well one day while taking the dog for a ride something shined on top his trucks interier and the dog riped it up.I was a brand new pick up at the time.
Donna

Offline my3dogs

• Leader of the Pack
  • Daisy - FEB 2006
    • View Profile
    • Blossoming Daisy
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2005, 03:52:41 am »
Jack is not fooled by the laser and looks at me like I'm crazy when I shine it in front of him.
Jill knows where the laser is stored and will come flying when that drawer is opened for any reason.  She never tires of chasing that light.  I've shown it into the backyard from the second floor deck at night.  She LOVES that!   I signal Jilly to stop with my hand and say, "All done."   and she knows laser time is over.
Daisy just started chasing the laser.  She goes crazy for it too.  She doesn't understand 'all done' yet.    She will continue to look for the laser hours after we've stopped playing.....no t continously... but suddenly she will remember it and sniff around for it.   
The laser is great for tiring out the dogs that like it and it never fails to crack up guests who aren't used to Laser Guided Dogs.

"As long as the world is turning and spinning, we're gonna be dizzy and we're gonna make mistakes." - Mel Brooks
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/164179

Offline Jaimie

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2005, 07:08:13 am »
My dog Chach goes NUTS for the flashlight, it is great on rainy days.  If the flaslight is not in use it HAS to be put on top of the fridge out of sight or else she will NOT stop staring at it until I turn it back on again, foolish dog.

Offline greek4

• Majestic Member
  • Kole with Maia, Baxter, Rocco, and Cody
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2005, 09:29:51 pm »
My dogs love it and I don't care if it is wrong, it is funny and it wears them out.
Thanks,

Emily and 1 husband, 1 boy, 1 on the way, and 4 crazy dogs

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2005, 12:42:23 am »
that was darling!!!  :)   
I've tried a flash light with Lady...no reaction.  Grace loves stuff like that but we didn't want to get her in the habit of chasing shiney things and reflections to avoid any really bad habits.  :)