Author Topic: This irritates me sooo much!!  (Read 2002 times)

Offline Stacey

• Grand Master
  • Tonka
    • View Profile
    • myspace
This irritates me sooo much!!
« on: October 24, 2005, 05:33:30 am »

My next door neighbors (who are not very friendly or social) had a black lab puppy when we moved in last year.  The poor thing was always outside, never played with, had no toys and just seemed so sad.  I would go over to the fence and pet him when I was outside with my daughter and dogs and he would get soooo excited to have the attention.  He tried digging holes to get to my yard (presumably to play with my dogs) and they blamed it on my JRT (and I believed them and would punish Remmy until I saw their puppy doing it and then realized that none of my other neighboring fence lines had holes dug!)  Well, they decided the dog was too much (they also have a 2 yr old daughter and the mother runs a child care out of her home in the day time) and they gave it to a shelter  :-[.  Well that was about 6 months ago and now they have gotten a Rotti puppy!!  and already it is exactly the same!  I noticed him about a week ago and I have yet to see them go and play or interact with him, he stands at my fenceline and cries when I or my dogs are outside.  If they couldn't handle a pup 6 months ago, how are they going to do it now??  OOOOHHHHH soooooo irritating, it is just a matter of time before this one is gone too I am sure! >:(
I am kind of a big deal!

Gypsy Jazmine

Re: This irritates me sooo much!!
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2005, 05:38:24 am »
Hopefully the lab pup went to a good home...I know it is irritating, frustrating & sad...My sister's neighbors are on their 3rd dog in 5 yrs...They keep them in a kennel out back & 1/2 th time my sister & the other neighbor feeds & waters the dog they have at that time...Last year I had to call the Humane Society because the dog only had frozen water...They made them get a heated dog dish &the dogowners were mad about it too...They never play with the dog...never take it anywhere...I don't understand why someone like that would even get a dog.

Anakalia

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2005, 05:48:05 am »
That is so sad!!  To hear a pup cry because he's not getting attention would upset me tremendously.  I know a few people like your neighbors and I can't talk with them, because I know I'd say something horrible to them!

Andi

Offline Stacey

• Grand Master
  • Tonka
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2005, 06:12:03 am »
I just feel so bad for this poor little pup.  It doesn't even have a doghouse or any sort of shelter and this time of year in Vegas it is hot during the day and cold at night.  I just think at bare minimum they could put a dog bed....or even just a blanket for him to sleep on and snuggle into. :'(
I am kind of a big deal!

Offline NoDogNow

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2005, 06:37:45 am »
This is how the kids and I stole Romeo when I was 15!  (He was a basset hound cocker mix--just precious with his little basset face, and his basset feet and his long wavy cocker spaniel coat.  I promise you, he was the CUTEST puppy I have ever seen in my life.  And perfectly named--just a lover, lover, lover. )  The first couple of weeks, they kept him in the house most of the time because it was still cold, but it warmed up really fast that spring, and they just put him out and left him--even at night!  Bassets have the most mournful cry, especially teeny puppies who are just barely finding their voice.

It wasn't even a whole week before we couldn't stand it any more, and I and my 7, 4 and 2 year old conspirators began to plot.

We let him dig a hole under the fence (OK, we helped a little when nobody was looking :P)  and kept encouraging him come thru it; then when the asswipe neighbors would show up all "Can we have our puppy back, he's in your yard again", I would yell at them for not plugging up the hole, and not feeding the puppy because he was always hungry when he came to our yard, yada, yada...It only took 3 weeks for them to stop coming after Romeo.

Help that baby dig his escape hole!  Be mean enough to them every time they come for him, and soon they will leave him to you!  Go forth and steal a puppy, I abjure you!
Sheryl, Dogless and sad

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2005, 08:08:28 am »
The poor puppy.  It breaks my heart to see people do that.

I live on a military base, and unfortunately about 80% of the people with dogs do the exact same thing.  Although they are required to have shelter, shade, food and water out for them, nothing is dictated about how the dog is treated.  They end up with undersocialize d and aggressive dogs owned only for status. 

If the dog is outside all the time, most city laws require the dog have shelter food and water.  I only hope they have learned their lesson, and are not getting the dog just because the kids are nagging them to.  I also hope they did not get a rottie for why I might think they would get a rottie, and for why people around here get a rottie.

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2005, 11:34:38 am »
I just feel so bad for this poor little pup.  It doesn't even have a doghouse or any sort of shelter and this time of year in Vegas it is hot during the day and cold at night.  I just think at bare minimum they could put a dog bed....or even just a blanket for him to sleep on and snuggle into. :'(
I don't know how the laws in Nevada read but in Iowa a dog "must have adequate food & shelter"...Call your local Humane Society or ASPCA & see if you have like laws...Maybe at least they will have to get a dog house for the pup!