Author Topic: I am a horrible mother because I want to kill my dog.  (Read 2823 times)

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
I am a horrible mother because I want to kill my dog.
« on: October 23, 2005, 10:10:38 pm »
Yeah Araby isn't my fave dog.  She isn't even close.  I wake up today to my MIL SCREAMING at the dogs, who're outside.  I figure it's because she's going to work, and we can't leave the dogs out, and they're being pills about coming in.  I go out and Sanity has Hobo cornered between some trees, and Araby's running around like the idiot she is.  Well I go and rescue Hobo, and of course then all the dogs come running and Araby like goes after him and doesn't let up.  Hobo's freaked because he can't get away (I know my fault for not letting go), it escalates into Hobo getting pissed and attacking Araby and then not coming anywhere near me because "Wehn Mommy holds me everyone eats me"

Cut to Araby running around like a psycho, jumping in the air, snapping and snarling at nothing.  I'm REALLY mad at her right now, so I take a step back, because yelling at her only makes it worse.  I go inside and Nee follows me so I shut him in the house. Then I get some treats and go outside.  Hobo's scared of me now and does a snatch and grab, after which I count my fingers.  Araby does the same thing.  Once this goes on for a while, I go back in the house and Hobo follows me.  I leave the door open a crack and Araby sticks her head in (She won't come through if the door is going to touch any part of her.  Because she's a PIA)  I go open the door and she comes through. 

Matt's mom comes up to me.  "Sanity can't stay the night here anymore.  He changes the entire dynamic of the dogs.  I'm not saying it's his fault but when he's here things go wrong."  I'm SOOOOO livid right now because it's all Araby's fault, and no I'm not just defending my baby.  Matt's mom even said if she had to pick a dog to get rid of it would be her because she's so high maintenance and unstable.  *I want to say that this is NOT the breed, it's because Araby's spoiled rotten when I'm not here and allowed to dominate people*  You always have to be on your toes with her and I'm sick of everyone else having to suffer for the Princess.  We'll never get rid of her, Matt adores her, and honestly I love her too, but sometimes i just wantt o wring her fuzzy little neck!

Ang

And I will come back and read this in a few hours and feel horrible.
BPO's Official Mistress of Mirth

Charter Member of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club

"And you will know us by the trail of skank."

Offline brandon

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
    • HaveParrotWillTravel.com
Re: I am a horrible mother because I want to kill my dog.
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2005, 10:40:18 pm »
Oh boy.. I think we all feel that way at times  :o

I expect Melissa felt like that last night when Mowgli (new pup) got up on the couch stood there and peed on it... You love 'em but sometimes, whew.
“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.â€

Luvmydanes

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2005, 12:10:49 am »
Oh boy, can I just say you sound like you are having the same kind of day that I did yesterday. I let both dogs inside and wanted to try to get a picture of them together...HAH A!!! WHAT A JOKE THAT WAS! Dane is wired to the max and won't sit still, he is literally RUNNING around the house full bore and not watching the little skin kids at all. So Jasmine starts following his lead and that then turns into "lets run after each other and twist and turn and spin around while we do it...yeah yeah, that will be FUN" Meanwhile, 2 of my kids get knocked over and the littlest one is trying to stay clear of the 2 horses that are rough housing in the house. I just get ticked cause neither one of them will even listen to anything I am saying and I grab them and back outside they go. So I know how you feel. I was even still mad at them last night, and this happened yesterday morning. It will get better...just take some time to cool off. I hope you can find a solution to still being able to have your baby there as well.

Kandi

Offline tonyc

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2005, 02:30:20 am »
ugh. if i had my way.... i woulda been wearing nikki's fur to work this morning...

she peed in the house twice yesterday. once right in front of my face. i blv because i was being too 'slow' taking her out and not giving her enough attention while i was grabbing treats/leashes...

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2005, 03:11:53 am »
OK. Now I am convinced that there is some weird pull of the moon effect happening here because all my dogs were crazy this weekend and this morning, too. Oasis never gets up in the middle of the night anymore, but 3 a.m. he was whining and whining to go out. And Rocko was literally bouncing off the walls last night, doing pirouettes in the middle of the living room and grabbing my hand in his mouth and jumping at me - which he has NEVER done before!

The 3 in the backyard were howling, fighting with each other and causing all kinds of commotion, too.

Weird. I hope they're all not sensing some major impending disaster.

That's me! Always looking for the bright side of things!
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2005, 03:16:27 am »
OK. Now I am convinced that there is some weird pull of the moon effect happening here because all my dogs were crazy this weekend and this morning, too. Oasis never gets up in the middle of the night anymore, but 3 a.m. he was whining and whining to go out. And Rocko was literally bouncing off the walls last night, doing pirouettes in the middle of the living room and grabbing my hand in his mouth and jumping at me - which he has NEVER done before!

The 3 in the backyard were howling, fighting with each other and causing all kinds of commotion, too.

Weird. I hope they're all not sensing some major impending disaster.

That's me! Always looking for the bright side of things!

No Araby's always Wicked Uber Bitch of the year.   ;D

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2005, 12:25:24 pm »
I am sorry that happened!...But, if it will make you feel any better, I am a horrible mom because I want to kill my kids!!!...But tomorrow we all wake up to a fresh slate to write a new day on! :)

Offline Moni

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2005, 09:03:05 pm »
hahaha 

I was thinking the same thing Gypsy.   :o  I definitely had a blacklist going on at my house yesterday.  Anyone want two blonde imps, an old black dog and a psychotic blue merle Beltie?  ::)

LOL

Ang,
I'll take Bibbles for a bit and you can have my three beaches, ok?  Sound like a deal?   ;D
BPO does not have my permission to use my photos.

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2005, 10:52:40 pm »

Ang,
I'll take Bibbles for a bit and you can have my three beaches, ok?  Sound like a deal?   ;D

I like how Araby's so bad it takes THREE of your dogs to make up for her :P