Author Topic: Is aspirin OK to give dogs?  (Read 3941 times)

Offline 3DogMom

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Is aspirin OK to give dogs?
« on: October 24, 2005, 01:56:54 am »
Our Fila, Sissy, hurt her shoulder yesterday and it was swollen and she was in pain.  I thought I had heard that it was OK to give them an aspirin, but I just wanted to make sure before I did anything?  Any ideas? ???  Thanks!!

lins_saving_grace

Re: Is aspirin OK to give dogs?
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2005, 01:57:13 am »
NO!!!!!!

Baby asprin only.

Offline 3DogMom

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2005, 02:30:04 am »
Thank you all so much!!  I had heard that baby aspirin was the one to give them, but I wanted to make sure I was remembering right.  You all are so SMART!!! ;D

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2005, 02:32:27 am »
Thank you all so much!!  I had heard that baby aspirin was the one to give them, but I wanted to make sure I was remembering right.  You all are so SMART!!! ;D
regular asprin will destroy their livers.  :)  I asked my vet once too.  I almost died cuz I had given Missy (my late terrier) a regular asprin.  She was on her last leg anyway and had some serious heart/breathing problems. She's not dead from the asprin though.  But I did get a supply of baby asprin after that for my other dogs.

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2005, 04:16:45 am »
REALLY?
I could have sworn that's what the vet told me.

Offline Saintgirl

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2005, 07:58:14 am »
We give Hutch Bufferin when he hurts himself too. One 325mg tablet every 6 hours. We always make sure that he has eaten a full meal before hand. The vet told us that we could try one to two of them, and we found that we didn't need to try two of them because one worked well enough. He weighs 190lbs. Good luck!!
Leah, Hutch, and Abbey