Author Topic: Thats it I am moving  (Read 8308 times)

Blair

Thats it I am moving
« on: October 25, 2005, 09:32:01 am »
After finding out its snowing a little up north, made me sad cause its still in the friggin 80's down here. I called ben at work and told him I want to see a for sale sign in my front yard when I get home tomorrow. LOL For those who dont know when have been planning on moving up to Vermont, we are going to do it beginning of next year. But I am ready now LOL So I will start looking for places to live and my husband is going to put in for Correctional officer in Vermont, which he already have a foot in cause he talked to them in July when we wer in Vermont. And I talked to a doggie day care and they told me they would love to hire me when we move up there. So I am not waiting around any longer, we were waiting till I felt ready. Well I am ready LOL
« Last Edit: October 25, 2005, 09:32:44 am by Blair »

Offline lilysmom

• Big Paws-a-holic
  • When I rescued Lily, she rescued me right back!
    • View Profile
Re: Thats it I am moving
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2005, 09:36:31 am »
I'm so jealous.  I've always wanted to live there in a sleepy little town where everbody knows everybody and you get snowed in for the winter and have acres and acres for the dogs to run.  We have to go to Germany instead.  Where it snows mud, and everyone hates americans.  Well at least I can take my dogs anywhere I go. 

You'll have to send lots of pics when you find your house up there.  And of course, I'll be coming to visit. :)
When I rescued Lily, she rescued me right back!

Offline PupDaddy

• Paw-meister
  • Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2005, 09:39:35 am »
Before you move, get you males (dogs) neutered, cause their going to get their nuts frozen off!

Moving from Texas to Vermont! Did you sample the Mexican food there?

lol, Just kidding. I hope you have a great time there.

Blair

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2005, 09:41:36 am »
Ill be here in texas for awhile...need to sell my lovely house, and well there are a lot of house for sale right now  :-\ But I am getting everything together and ready so it wont take so long LOL

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2005, 10:09:33 am »
Four seasons sound great!  I'm jealous!  Cowboy ADORES the snow and since Chester was born in San Antonio, he won't see snow until we get to the cabin in Northern Calif after Christmas!  Congrats ! and best of luck selling your house for LOTS of moola!

Offline MustLove Dogs

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2005, 10:10:08 am »
I'LL SWITCH PLACES WITH YOU!!! I would *love* to be in 80 degree weather!!! It's going down to the blasted 30's this week  :(
"The more boys I meet the more I like dogs"

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion"

I'm blonde... whats your exc

Offline Rocky's 'Rents

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2005, 10:12:32 am »
Woke up to slush and snow on my car. >:( It was slushy raining all day. It chills you to the bone and you can't get warm!! I'll take the 80's any day!!!!

Offline lilysmom

• Big Paws-a-holic
  • When I rescued Lily, she rescued me right back!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2005, 10:13:36 am »
Bring it on.  The colder the better.   :)
When I rescued Lily, she rescued me right back!

Blair

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2005, 10:17:33 am »
I guess you always want what you dont have LOL One reason we are moving is so Ben can be close to his family. He is very close with his Grandmother and she is getting old and I think it will be nice for him to be close to her and he hasnt lived close to his family in a very long time.

Offline Moni

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2005, 01:13:40 pm »
woo hoo.. doing the cabbage patch here.   ;D   

Can't wait hun!

(hey, its probably the only dance move i can do, give me a break..  lol)
BPO does not have my permission to use my photos.

Offline Good Hope

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2005, 03:45:20 am »
Blair,

That's no small move there. I hope you know what you're in for... We lived in Maine for 3 years, vacationed at the Balsams in NH. Nowhere is more beautiful or peaceful. Although the mannerisms of people in the NE can be an adjustment when coming from the south or midwest, I can honestly say that I have more friends in Maine than in Texas and Florida combined. Once you develop relationships there...they are forever. The weather is another story...6-7 months of winter, 2 months of mud season, 2 months of summer (one of which has black flies), and a month or two of autumn. Those winter months are long... I became so tired all the time do to lack of sunlight had to have therapy lights. My husband has mild asthma, so the cold air was not the best for him either. I'll admit though, if not for his asthma, I bet we'd still be there.

Best wishes for a happy, exciting, and successful move!

Deena

dohertyswissy

« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2005, 03:50:30 am »
Don't laugh....I know y'all are going to laugh...but I'm a southern belle through and through.  Born and raised in NC and although we do have 4 distinct seasons here, I NEED WARM WEATHER!  It is right at 60 degrees here and I have on black turtleneck sweater, khaki cords, and boots.  IT IS GOING TO BE 36 DEGREES TONIGHT!  BRRRR!!!!

Hope you have a wonderful move, though, Blair!  Whatever makes you happy, hun!  :)

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2005, 03:52:43 am »
Speaking for the New Englanders.  We're not rude "Y'all" are too damn sensitive :P  You get snowed in your house for 6 months outta the year and you see how friendly you are!  I don't know how it is in Texas Hun, but I notice when I go down south that everything is so slow.  It drives me nuts.  Like you stop for yellow lights, you eat at home at a dinner table, you guys are wicked crazy.  ;)

Ang
BPO's Official Mistress of Mirth

Charter Member of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club

"And you will know us by the trail of skank."

dohertyswissy

« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2005, 03:56:31 am »
Ang, Baby, you obviously have never driven in Atlanta, GA.  JEEZUS, MARY AND JOSEPH, those fools will run your a** over if you aren't going at least 90...and that's in a 35 MPH zone!

We're crazy alright....you'd be crazy too if you sweated your a** off 6 months out of the year!  ;)

Oh..and does a tv tray count as a dinner table?!?!   ;)

You know you love us "wicked crazy" southerners Ang!!   :-*

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2005, 03:57:15 am »
Congrats on the move. I love having four seasons, there is nothing better that fall and winter. But I only love winter during the holiday seasons, after that the snow can go away.

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)