Author Topic: Hubby cooked dinner.....  (Read 8514 times)

Offline lilysmom

• Big Paws-a-holic
  • When I rescued Lily, she rescued me right back!
    • View Profile
Hubby cooked dinner.....
« on: October 25, 2005, 09:49:21 am »
and I think I'm going to be sick.

Hubby thought he would help by making dinner while I ran a few errands.  I explained to him what to do and he cooked while I was out.  Well, I took one bite and I needed to wash it down with a gallon of water.  I had told him to saute garlic in a little butter and then add the meatballs, (meatball stroganoff).  His dumb butt thought he'd take a shortcut and poured a TON of garlic salt in the butter instead.  I've never added more than a pinch of salt to an entire meal my whole life.  It was like taking a bite into a salt block.  I know he was trying to help, and I tried to be nice about it....but OMG it was awful. :P
When I rescued Lily, she rescued me right back!

Icerotti

Re: Hubby cooked dinner.....
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2005, 09:54:47 am »
So if we don't see you on tomorrow, you will nursing an upset tummy..lol

Offline lilysmom

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2005, 09:56:45 am »
I think I'm already nursing an upset stomach. :(

Offline lil_princess724

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2005, 09:59:00 am »
Best of luck
Cassandra
        Bailey's mom

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2005, 11:21:04 am »
Oh, that is the old ploy....he cooks, it tastes awful, so he can't ever cook again! 

DON'T fall for it!!! ;D  Make sure he tries again!!  He'll do SOOOO much better next time!  and with lots and lots of practice, he'll get it right!!! ;)

Offline 4dogmom

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2005, 02:44:29 pm »
Don't it make you wonder how long they could live with out us to take care of them? Would they starve and were dirty clothes?
Sophia (dane)
Shyla (dane)
Tyosn (pit)
Neno (pit)

Offline lilysmom

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2005, 08:07:08 pm »
I don't even want to get started on what he does to the laundry. lol. ;D  I read an article once in a parenting magazine written from a man's point of vue about the fine nuances of faking it.  "It" being dumb.  And they say men aren't that smart. :D

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2005, 08:20:38 pm »
Let me ask you this...Did you make it through dinner without gagging or did you call for pizza?...lol...I guess I am lucky...Randy knows his way around the kitchen & washer & dryer though I did have to break him of the habit of throwing all colors in one load of wash early on in our marriage...Now, if I could just get him to stop letting the kids get away with breaking the house rules...Then he'd be near perfect! ;D

Offline lilysmom

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2005, 08:48:42 pm »
I made it through dinner, lol.  I just didn't ask for seconds.  He's ok in the kitchen normally if I'm watching him.  I guess I can't leave him alone though.  We've also been through the laundry thing over and over.  I even made a list of what gets washed with what and what temp. and what to add, ie. bleach, oxy powder, etc.  I think he just chooses to be dense sometimes to get out of it.  I'm the type of person that just says, never mind, I'll do it myself. :)

Offline SwissysRock

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • I love my SWISSY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2005, 08:59:24 pm »
Tell hubby, he must follow recipe ingredients to the T... no improvising.   Riley and I hope you're feeling better today. 
Tina
:)
Riley's Momma

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2005, 09:07:41 pm »
I made it through dinner, lol.  I just didn't ask for seconds.  He's ok in the kitchen normally if I'm watching him.  I guess I can't leave him alone though.  We've also been through the laundry thing over and over.  I even made a list of what gets washed with what and what temp. and what to add, ie. bleach, oxy powder, etc.  I think he just chooses to be dense sometimes to get out of it.  I'm the type of person that just says, never mind, I'll do it myself. :)
LOL!...I am just the opposite...I am more like "you WILL get it even if I have to beat it into you" (I don't actually have to beat anyone but they are sure I might at any time :D)...lol...Coinc idently my kids hate me. :D

Offline lilysmom

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2005, 09:12:45 pm »
LOL!...I am just the opposite...I am more like "you WILL get it even if I have to beat it into you" (I don't actually have to beat anyone but they are sure I might at any time :D)...lol...Coinc idently my kids hate me. :D

Don't worry, my kids hate me and I do everything for them. :)

I don't have it in me to demand anything from him.  He has enough worries. :)

Offline Newf Lover

• BPO Fanatic
  • Cool dog + Cold beer = Chilled Out
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ryanbrumley.com
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2005, 11:21:51 pm »
Don't it make you wonder how long they could live with out us to take care of them? Would they starve and were dirty clothes?

CAREFUL!!!  There's some semi-domesticated men in here, don't make me get Gourmet on your butts!!!
« Last Edit: October 25, 2005, 11:22:35 pm by Newf Lover »
My Newfoundland Lives My Life As Passionately As I Live His.

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2005, 11:25:14 pm »
You are so right, Newf!  Some men are fantastic cooks and are happy in the kitchen!  I'm just not married to THAT man!  He's in the restaurant business and can stand in the kitchen with his hands in the air saying "where's the milk?"  I love him dearly, but that's NOT his forte!  Nor any of my sons'.....nor nephew's......nor brother in law....nor friends' husbands......

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2005, 03:10:04 am »
Brandon can't cook ... but he makes the best dang sandwhiches in the whole world!  Honestly, they totally rock.  He also has a habit of drying my stretchy clothes to where they're about a 4T, so he's not allowed near the dryer anymore, but he will carry the basket up and down the steps.

He also does ALL the dishes (dishes are soooo gross), never makes me take out the trash, vaccumes WAY more than I do, hangs up the clothes in the big closet (I can't reach the tall bar LOL), mops the tile floors, scrapes the ice, shovels the snow, ALWAYS mows the grass, and carries in all my groceries for me.  So for me, that pretty much leaves cooking and throwing the clothes in the dryer LOL.  I guess I can't complain too much

Wanna trade husbands?   ;D  ;D