Author Topic: Hubby cooked dinner.....  (Read 8566 times)

Anakalia

Re: Hubby cooked dinner.....
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2005, 04:34:59 am »
This thread is making me laugh!!  Tony's messed up a few meals, but I have too so really it's not a big deal.  He's normally an excellent cook and he loves it too.  Lately even after a long day of working 12-13 hours a day, he'll come home and cook supper for us!  He loves to grill that's his most favorite thing to do and I have to say he does a super job at it!  I'm good at making the "throw together" meals.  I just throw a whole bunch of things together and it actually tastes pretty good, but I've screwed up meals many many times. lol 

Andi

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2005, 04:42:48 am »
Don't it make you wonder how long they could live with out us to take care of them? Would they starve and were dirty clothes?

CAREFUL!!!  There's some semi-domesticated men in here, don't make me get Gourmet on your butts!!!
LOL!...You tell 'em! ;D Honestly, I don't know what I'd do without my hubby...Becaus e he works on the road I have the lions share of raising the kids & household responsibiliti es but he is my driving force, my biggest cheerleader, & the one that makes it all make sense when I am discouraged... I say God bless our hubbies!

GR8DAME

« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2005, 04:48:37 am »
Mine won't cook, however I have trained him to take me out to dinner. We both win.
Stella

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2005, 05:05:44 am »
Matt is king of the grill.  He makes the most amazing marinades, all from scratch.  He is very confident in his grilling skills and everything he makes is prefaced by "Orgasmic".  "What'd you have for dinner last night?  "We had Orgasmic Burgers".  However grilling is all he's allowed to do in the kitchen.  He set the curtains on fire once, his "Casseroles" amount to putting whatevers in the fridge under lasagna noodles, and it's NOT pretty. 
« Last Edit: October 26, 2005, 05:15:29 am by Anky »
BPO's Official Mistress of Mirth

Charter Member of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club

"And you will know us by the trail of skank."

Offline NoDogNow

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2005, 05:12:47 am »
How did y'all end up with these kitchen/laundry challenged people?

I kick to the curb any man who isn't at least as good a cook as I am.  And if he can't wash his own clothes, he can be stinky, because I'm not touching his dirty underwear or his greasy jeans!  And he can keep his paw off MY cold water wash. 

Perhaps this is why am still single.  Or maybe it's that I won't let them watch or talk about sports around me.  Or maybe it's my refusal to have video games in my house...

Just call me the Old Maid.  ;D

Sheryl, Dogless and sad

Offline lilysmom

• Big Paws-a-holic
  • When I rescued Lily, she rescued me right back!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2005, 07:10:03 am »
I came here to tell everyone about my cooking challenged husband because I would never tell him to his face that he doesn't do enough.  He works 24/7 for the Army.  He's always on call, in the field, deployed.  He doesn't have time to worry about anything but the army.  But I knew that when I married him.  I love him even if he causes my eyes to swell from too much sodium or washes my white underthings with a red t-shirt.  He does try.  And I feel bad now for complaining about him, but some things you just have to share with your friends. :)
When I rescued Lily, she rescued me right back!

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2005, 07:29:25 am »
I came here to tell everyone about my cooking challenged husband because I would never tell him to his face that he doesn't do enough.  He works 24/7 for the Army.  He's always on call, in the field, deployed.  He doesn't have time to worry about anything but the army.  But I knew that when I married him.  I love him even if he causes my eyes to swell from too much sodium or washes my white underthings with a red t-shirt.  He does try.  And I feel bad now for complaining about him, but some things you just have to share with your friends. :)
I hear ya'!!...That's what friends are for...Listenin g to the things we wouldn't vent about to anyone else! :)

Offline Tulsas' Dad

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2005, 08:04:24 am »
Men are Grillers!
Stab it , slab it, throw it on the grill!
Baste it, Paste it, make it pallatable!
Ya don't like it, feed it to the dogs, they think we're Gods!
Gotta problem with that?
My dog turns up her nose at "Sissy" salads!
If it ain't got meat, keep it off the street.
What do you think Farley?
The can says Tuna, but don't you think...?
The scientific name for an animal that doesn't either run from or fight its enemies, is Lunch.--Michael Friedman

Offline brandon

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
    • HaveParrotWillTravel.com
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2005, 09:44:29 am »
Men are Grillers!
Stab it , slab it, throw it on the grill!
Baste it, Paste it, make it pallatable!
Ya don't like it, feed it to the dogs, they think we're Gods!
Gotta problem with that?
My dog turns up her nose at "Sissy" salads!
If it ain't got meat, keep it off the street.
What do you think Farley?
The can says Tuna, but don't you think...?

I agree, I'm all about cooking if there is an element of danger involved!  ;D
“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.â€

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2005, 10:24:19 am »
I do have to admit my husband can cook when he feels like it.  He makes a mean chili.  Unfortunately what he chooses to cook most of the time are dishes that I can't stand.  I usually try to choke down one helping, and then they sit in the fridge until very moldy and he wonders why I'm not eating his cooking.

I can't help it.  I told him after the third time he made pork chops that they're not my favorite thing in the world, and I really only like them how my mom makes them (don't we all.........lo l)  Yet he continues to make them and expect me to eat them.

I guess I shouldn't be complaining about his cooking....... ......he cooks far more than I do.  We usually eat at different times so its every man (and woman) for himself.  But I can complain about everything else.......... lol.  Anything that needs doing in the house both inside and out, I do.  Maybe not well, or that often, but eventually I do it b/c I know he won't.  I don't know where I'm going with this, just thoguht I'd share.   ;D  ;D

Offline Jen and Rick

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2005, 10:50:04 am »
Lol this thread makes me chuckle.  Being married to a chef, if I ever have a question about kitchen stuff, I go to him first!  :D  I am a very happy and lucky wife indeed.

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2005, 12:09:09 pm »
John, Once again you've made perfect sense to me at least...lol!!...I think we would be good friends if circumstances permitted! ;D