Author Topic: Nightmare dog sitter.....rant  (Read 5427 times)

Offline Moni

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
Re: Nightmare dog sitter.....rant
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2005, 09:34:56 pm »
Uck,
I am so sorry that you had such a horrible experience.  :P  I used to pet sit regularly when I lived in NY and also for family.  My boss would have me house sit for a week or so and I can't imagine pulling any of that stuff?  She actually offered for me to stay in her room, but I felt too uncomfortable and would usually sleep on the couch.  I always kept the house in great condition, scooped the litter boxes and kept the plants watered.  The best part was that she loved my dogs and kids and let them come with me to stay if I needed, since I was sleeping there for so long.

Another couple I petsat for frequently had 2 saints and I went there to walk and feed them several times a day.  The female had some kind of pancreatic enzyme problem and needed special food preparing and also needed it on time.  I figured, I'd want someone treating my animals and my property with respect and care, so why not do it any other way?

Its sad that people can be so inconsiderate and care more about the money then anything else.  :(

On another note, I'm glad to hear that Cowboy and Tucker have not been visited by the Monster in a while.  :D  Tenchi hasn't had any since then either, but I'm starting to get nervous because his are usually about 6 months apart, so we'll see.  Maybe we'll get lucky and he just won't have any more. 

*here's to wishful thinking!*
BPO does not have my permission to use my photos.

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2005, 04:29:00 am »
You are SO right, Moni!  Let's raise a glass to 'hopefully' the death of the monster!!!  I didn't know Tenchi has epilepsy as well!!! What is he on?  Cowboy is on LOTS of Gabapentin, 6 ccs KBr and .5 gr of pheno twice a day....hopeful ly getting lowered again!

Offline LoveMySiberian

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
    • Barks 'N Bites Pet Sitting and Day Care
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2005, 12:01:03 pm »
I would definetly check any potential pet sitter's references if I were you, just to see other's experiences with this person. I do pet sitting, and when I do get any inquiries, I always automatically send a list of references to anyone who is interested, because of course being a pet owner as well, I would want them.
Jackie
Taz's Mom