Author Topic: Selling home made Dog Treats  (Read 3401 times)

Blair

Selling home made Dog Treats
« on: October 28, 2005, 04:10:03 am »
I would love to open a Dog Bakery, but down where I live, its just not pet friendly. They dont even know what a Doggie Daycare or a Doggie park are around where I live  ??? So I was thinking of maybe selling them online, but not sure how that would work? I would love to hear everyone's opinoins and thoughts about how to go about to sell doggie cookies?

lins_saving_grace

Re: Selling home made Dog Treats
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2005, 04:13:51 am »
I would love to open a Dog Bakery, but down where I live, its just not pet friendly. They dont even know what a Doggie Daycare or a Doggie park are around where I live  ??? So I was thinking of maybe selling them online, but not sure how that would work? I would love to hear everyone's opinoins and thoughts about how to go about to sell doggie cookies?
I want to do my online business with Doggie greeting cards soon too but I'm lost in the paperwork too.
I looked up trademark and copyright registration.  Over $500 for the trademark and about $120 for the blanket copyright.  The online stuff would be easy.  Sam's Club does website design for their members for  and the fee is only $5 a month after that (it's really neat). 
If you're interested, we can put our heads together and do a joint venture.

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2005, 04:17:19 am »
I think that is a wonderful idea Blair. I would love to open an animal  buisness too. But don't know where to begin. Anyway, what you have to do is get your name out there. Once you get your website up and running, hit a bunch of doggie groups let them know what your aboutect with a link to your website. Also having a great site makes a huge difference too.

Nina
« Last Edit: October 28, 2005, 04:18:00 am by Nina »
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2005, 04:20:18 am »
Also get to know competition too. See what other sites are out there and make your site better than theres.

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

Offline VdogLover

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2005, 04:34:02 am »
I think this is a great idea! I for one suck at baking anything so when my dogs get the good homemade stuff it is bought.

If you do open this and you make Cheese twists let me know I will order dozens:)

Blair

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2005, 04:35:22 am »
I made cheesey cookies lol...no cheese twists...what are those?

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2005, 04:41:17 am »
I think this is a great idea! I for one suck at baking anything so when my dogs get the good homemade stuff it is bought.

If you do open this and you make Cheese twists let me know I will order dozens:)
CHEESE!  Oh yeah.  the girls LOVE cheese

Anakalia

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2005, 04:49:31 am »
OOOO Sounds fun.... Just don't do what I did, start an online store, spend thousands of dollars to start up then not have anyone buy from you. lol  There's a lot of hosting sites out there that help with opening an online store. I say look into it, check out your competition and run with it!  Another idea is to get your store up, and maybe sell a few treats on Ebay with your link to your store.  Everyone who checks out that auction will see your link and so you get more traffic to your store that way.  Just don't get an ebay store.... did that and not good.   >:(

Andi

Offline MustLove Dogs

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2005, 10:52:20 am »
OMG, I WAS JUST TALKING ABOUT THIS IN CHAT THE OTHER NIGHT!!

I want to do the SAME thing!!! I wanna sell greeting cards too!!!!!!!!!!!

Great Minds Think Alike  ;)
"The more boys I meet the more I like dogs"

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion"

I'm blonde... whats your exc

Blair

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2005, 11:04:09 am »

Yes they do  ;D We all should just start one big doggie treat and greeting card company together lol

Offline MustLove Dogs

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2005, 11:25:19 am »
Haha, sounds good to me  :)
"The more boys I meet the more I like dogs"

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion"

I'm blonde... whats your exc

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2005, 01:22:19 am »

Yes they do  ;D We all should just start one big doggie treat and greeting card company together lol
I'm in when you guys are.  I was thinking of not limiting myself to greeting cards...but expanding to stationary, business cards, calanders, envelopes, whatever I can do...and personalizing it.   It cound incorporation any other kind of doggie thing people want to add.  :)  Only stopping block right now is the trade mark registration which I didn't think would be so expensive.  :)  I'll get there someday though.   A collaborative effort would be cool with me though.  :)

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2005, 01:29:57 am »
Do you guys need to hire an artist??  ;) Otherwise I might be the competition!!! LOL I have been working for a while on some breed portraits to make stationary and cards and prints to sell! Haha my top secret operation is exposed now!!!  :D

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2005, 01:35:23 am »
Do you guys need to hire an artist??  ;) Otherwise I might be the competition!!! LOL I have been working for a while on some breed portraits to make stationary and cards and prints to sell! Haha my top secret operation is exposed now!!!  :D
Top Secret is never top secret for long. 
I'd be willing to get something started with anyone interested.  I had the idea of using actual pictures...lik e you do...(not that I can draw)  downloading (strating with my girls) pictures and turning them into like the pet hallmark cards (etc.) I'd make up goofy slogans and banners etc.