Author Topic: Curry comb or slicker brush?  (Read 4529 times)

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
Re: Curry comb or slicker brush?
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2005, 04:20:15 am »
We use the slicker and rake regularly so it takes out any and all hair needing ot come out. Bear's coat looks beautiful all year long.

As for the collar, he has a variety to wear outside depending on what we are doing and where we are going. Inside he doesn't wear a collar at all though.
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline declanssexymama

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Um, I got BIG!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2005, 04:35:12 am »
You cut holes in the top :)

GAH!  I know that!   ;D

I'm trying to figure out a way to seal the holes against the bowls otherwise the water will leak into the food storage part.  But the bowls still need to be removable to be washed...

Weatherstrippi ng???
God help me to be the person my dog thinks I am.

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2005, 04:44:34 am »
A fried of mine took fuel line  tubing for a car, split it down the middle, and put it around the edge.  Worked rather nicely.
BPO's Official Mistress of Mirth

Charter Member of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club

"And you will know us by the trail of skank."

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2005, 06:38:35 am »
I'm trying to figure out a way to make a raised feeder/food storage bin out of one of those clear totes...

You can get a regular pre-made one of these that won't leak for only $20 at KVvet (click here) ... A tupperware bin that size is gonna run you $10-15 and then you have to buy the bowls, so you really won't save any money, but you have to go through the hassle and then worry about it being waterproof. So if you want one of these I would suggest buying it from KV..

That being said, the thing I don't like about store-n-feed things is that they don't hold enough. You'll be hard pressed to find one to hold 30lbs, and since you will be buying 30lb bags of dog food, you will have to get another holder to store the extra that doesn't fit in the feeder.

At our house we use a wooden raised feeder, and we bought a pretty umbra trash can with a lid (so it is airtight) that has always held just zoey's food.
RIP former BPO