Author Topic: canine caviar?? anybody have any opinions (good or bad)  (Read 2730 times)

Offline bigmamabird

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
canine caviar?? anybody have any opinions (good or bad)
« on: May 01, 2005, 04:53:39 pm »
i have an oem/rott mix. he is currently on timberwolf organics (i know its not organic) im thinking of switching him?!! he has not done super great on solid gold wolf king, and i have also tried innova (not the large breed formula...yet)

any advice would help! thank you very much

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
Re: canine caviar?? anybody have any opinions (good or bad)
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2005, 05:00:42 pm »
We used Innova for a bit and did good but then we switched to Solid Gold (dark blue bag) mixed with the Dick Van Patten's meat stick thing and love it! We tried the Canine Caviar this weekend and Bear hated it. He refused to taste the kibble and the wet Beaver food. Guess we'll stick to what works. Good luck in choosing a kibble and make sure you try the sample bags before purchasing ht ewhole thing just in case you have the same experience as we did.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2005, 09:59:43 pm by jabear »
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline kildeskennel

• Paw-meister
  • Beautiful beauty
    • View Profile
    • Kildes Kennel
Re: canine caviar?? anybody have any opinions (good or bad)
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2005, 08:30:10 pm »
My girl is a very picky eater, I have used Pro plan, solid gold, solid gold millenium, Wolf King and pup formula's, Iams, canned mixed with kibble, protein powders to keep her weight up when she gets all finicky.  What a headache she can be as much as I love her.  Many people told me don't switch her, she gets hungry, she will eat.  Never happened.  When I did that I ended up with Aidan bringing down a deer and bringing it home to , you guessed it Beauty!  I almost croaked!  He rarely touched the thing but she went at it like a wild woman!  I was not at all pleased.  Things like that can get them killed....The reason for the kennel outside!  But late at night we let him out ot go potty, and I called and called after an hour here comes my big boy with blood up to his chest and grinning!  At first I thought he was hurt but the look on his face said it all!  Beauty was wiggling all over the place and after inspecting the yard we found his little gift!  Good god!  Anyway to make a long story short, I now have her on Nutro Natural Choice Ultra, and she LOVES IT!  I use a can of wet with her kibble same brand and she eats like a horse, her appetite has never been so good, nor has she looked better and nursing 14 pups!
Happiness comes of the capacity to feel deeply, to enjoy simply, to think freely, to risk life, to be needed.
Storm Jameson