Author Topic: A Black and White Saint?  (Read 5728 times)

Offline Good Hope

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
Re: A Black and White Saint?
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2005, 02:25:12 am »
Newflvr, that is so funny! ;D

Stop by the local optometrist and hearing aid shop and pick up some cards. The next time some asks you if your dogs a dalmation or anything else after the no reply you can hand out a card for the optometrist. If they know better, just repeat their breed and hand out the other card.  ::)

Hopefully, the optom or hearing aid shop won't be needing to cut you a check for advertising. ;)

Deena

Nicole

« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2005, 10:20:28 am »
I thought he looked like a Landseer, too. I guess he's gone now, though. So, hopefully he got a good home!

Nicole

Offline MustLove Dogs

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2005, 10:37:07 am »
Aww, he's so cute! And looks nothing like a saint... geez... these people shouldn't be working with animals of they can't even tell the breed... especially when it's so obvious!!
"The more boys I meet the more I like dogs"

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion"

I'm blonde... whats your exc

Nicole

« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2005, 10:40:09 am »
I know! I mean...just look through a dog encyclopedia. Geeze. I really like him! But, I am being a good girl and waiting until I graduate and buy a stinkin' house to get another dog. Sometimes I think that I'll just live in my little apartment forever and tell my boyfriend to bug off. hehehe! It might be funner to do that then to graduate and move out of it and have him tell me how many dogs I can have! I want to just stay in it and get another doggie right now!

Offline MustLove Dogs

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2005, 10:46:35 am »
haha
"The more boys I meet the more I like dogs"

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion"

I'm blonde... whats your exc

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2005, 12:09:03 am »
Hmmm.  He's got the markings of a Landseer, but not the fur....unless he's been shaved.... :-\

Nicole

« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2005, 02:48:14 am »
Yeah...but I definitely don't see any Saint there, do you, Newflvr?

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2005, 02:54:42 am »
I think it's hard to tell about the St. part...since Newfs and Saints were bred together in the late 1800's, I think the body and head types are so similar you can't really tell by looking at a pic.  I think their fur and personalities are very different.  With that dog, it looks almost like a Newf body and head, but the fur is all wrong.  It could be a half Landseer and half short-haired St., I guess.

What do you think???