Author Topic: Information About Saint Bernards  (Read 1646 times)

Offline lil_princess724

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
Information About Saint Bernards
« on: October 28, 2005, 12:08:27 am »
Howdy.
It has been a while since we have been around. We have no excuses.
We just appologize. No that that is out of the way. My husband I have been terriably struggling with Bailey's seperation anixety. She is Three and it is still not any better. We have her on clomicalm per vet's request. She has been on it for almost three months and she is still going in the house when left alone. The vet has us up to two 80mg. She was just on one. It is so expensive. So we started to talk since we dog sit on and off for freinds, Bailey is an angel when there is another dog. So he suggested a Saint Bernard. Well we are only allowed one dog and one cat or two cats according to our assoication. Well we may buy a house soon. So i guess i am asking for information about how a rotty and a saint would get along. The three dogs we have had at out our house fro sitting are, Samoa- Corso-and lab golden retriver mix. She has done well with them. How are Saint's with kids.
Please help.

Cass, Bailey's mom
Cassandra
        Bailey's mom

Offline jules

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
Re: Information About Saint Bernards
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2005, 12:13:37 am »
My saint Spotakiss is wonderful with my 4 year old.He realizes that hes just a little boy.My son is always rolling all over him.They need alot of attention.When I leave  or my husband leaves,even if someone  is home,he latches himself around you so you cant get out the door.He is very sweet and my baby.Just make sure you get them from a good breeder.

Offline coonie1970

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2005, 03:28:06 am »
Our St. is great with my 3 kids. Judge LOVES everyone. He seems to get along fine with other dogs once he gets to know them. I dont think he has a mean bone in his body. A good breader is the key I think.If you can handle the slobber and the size a St. would be a great addition to your family.
Coonie
Karen :) Image hosting by Photobucket

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2005, 05:15:51 am »
Saints are wonderful with kids! As long as you get them from a good breeder, I am sure a saint would be a great addition to your family. My saint zoey loves everyone and is the sweetest, most submissive I have ever met.
RIP former BPO