Author Topic: What are your big paws doing on Halloween night?  (Read 6824 times)

Offline doglover

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Re: What are your big paws doing on Halloween night?
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2005, 11:56:16 am »
We go to my MIL's house to trick or treat with the kids, One of the dogs go with us. Last year it was Abbi our Lab mix and this year we took Molly (her 1st) at first she didn't know what to think but she finally got it, but boy she acts like we walked for miles and we only went around the block (have very young kids). Here's a picture when we got back to MIL house.

MommyOfSchnauzers

« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2005, 11:59:04 am »
We didn't go too far tonight either. (I have a really bad back) and Dazy is just zonked out on the couch like we walked for days! lol

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2005, 01:25:04 pm »
I moved the baby gate to the front doorway, opened the door wide & let my guys watch as I passed out treats to the kiddos..Samson thought they were all "THE DEVIL" as per usual...Pippin was just mildly amused. ;D

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2005, 01:34:34 pm »
This was Gunther's 1st Halloween, and I am very proud of how well he did, especially since he scares easy and is nervous around children.  But he came to the door every time, all pimped out, and was a big hit.  Two people even took pics of him..........l ol.  Gunther only growled at one group, and only momentarily.  He even let a few people pet him, and tried to follow a few out the door.   :D

Keiko usually comes to the door too, but for the most part, she hung back.  I think she was jealous.  Both costumes stayed on pretty well.  Gunther only broke his chinstrap twice.   :P

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2005, 01:59:16 pm »
This was Gunther's 1st Halloween, and I am very proud of how well he did, especially since he scares easy and is nervous around children.  But he came to the door every time, all pimped out, and was a big hit.  Two people even took pics of him..........l ol.  Gunther only growled at one group, and only momentarily.  He even let a few people pet him, and tried to follow a few out the door.   :D

Keiko usually comes to the door too, but for the most part, she hung back.  I think she was jealous.  Both costumes stayed on pretty well.  Gunther only broke his chinstrap twice.   :P
You're a better woman than I am!...I only put the boys' headpieces on for about 10 minutes & got sick of pulling their ears back through the ear holes & took them off...It was the last straw when a Jr. High boy laughed when Samson went off & told me "it's hard to take him serious in a sheep costume"...lol!
« Last Edit: October 31, 2005, 02:00:21 pm by Gypsy Jazmine »

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2005, 02:18:48 pm »
This was Gunther's 1st Halloween, and I am very proud of how well he did, especially since he scares easy and is nervous around children.  But he came to the door every time, all pimped out, and was a big hit.  Two people even took pics of him..........l ol.  Gunther only growled at one group, and only momentarily.  He even let a few people pet him, and tried to follow a few out the door.   

Keiko usually comes to the door too, but for the most part, she hung back.  I think she was jealous.  Both costumes stayed on pretty well.  Gunther only broke his chinstrap twice.   

You're a better woman than I am!...I only put the boys' headpieces on for about 10 minutes & got sick of pulling their ears back through the ear holes & took them off...It was the last straw when a Jr. High boy laughed when Samson went off & told me "it's hard to take him serious in a sheep costume"...lol!

LOL........... ....he's still wearing the costume.   ;D  ;D  I'll take it off when I go to bed shortly.  I think he likes it.  8)

Offline Moni

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2005, 08:32:24 pm »
Tenchi went T &Ting with us.  He was a big hit and got his picture taken like a 1/2 dozen times.  lol  He remembered what was going on and was sad that not all the houses gave him "cookies".  ;)  What a tolerant boy he was he only lost his horn/ears a couple times, but we took them off the last leg of the walk.  Then his horse costume tail got caught in some crazy lady's door and we had to "amputate".  lol 

Spencer crashed about 1/4 way through it and went back to my dad's house while me and Tori and my sister and her baby kept on going.  I was the grim reaper.  ;)  Muahahaha  Tori decided that she didn't want to have an "evil" unicorn so Tenchi became my "steed".  ::)  We had a bunch of fun, but I told her we had to stop after she  forgot to say "Trick or Treat" like 3 times in a row.  Hey, that's halloween etiquette and its rude not to say it, she was warned.  Then I got to deal with a Tori Bear for the rest of the night.  ooooh fun.   :P

I think the best part about bringing Tenchi out is that the older kids/teens who always try to be rough, loud and obnoxious towards everyone actually turn back into humans for a little while when they're around him.  lol  Almost everybody fell in love with him and thought he was awesome.  We did have one family that was scared of him, so we tried our best to stay as far away from them as possible.  Actually it was the parents, aunts and a little girl.  The rest of the kids in the family wanted to see him but the parents kept freaking out whenever they saw him.   :-\  I wonder where that little girl got it from, eh bien.

All in all, we had a great time and I can't wait until next year.  My step mom took pix of all of us before we left so as soon as she sends them, I'll post them.  Hope everyone else had fun as well!
BPO does not have my permission to use my photos.

Offline jens2danes

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Dutchess & Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2005, 09:26:12 pm »
Mine slept in front of the stove all 4 danes and the 2 small dogs too.We never get tricker treaters were to rural.They all go to town.If its chilly they eat dinner and pretty much crash for the night.Lazy dogs I have.Jen

dohertyswissy

« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2005, 11:18:13 pm »
This was Ranger's first Halloween and we had no idea what to expect.  He gets very excited when the doorbell rings and wants to greet everyone.  A 115 lb. Swissy puppy greeting trick-or-treaters we decided may not be the best plan.  So, initially we put Ranger in the office with my hubby who was studying for a test.  Well, he went bananas everytime the doorbell rang, whining and barking, wanting desperately to greet everyone.  We then decided to put him on the back porch, so he could still see what was going on, but wouldn't run on the front porch and scare any kids who don't know what a big sweetheart he is.  He was much happier.  He got to see what was going on, whimpered a little bit, but overall did pretty darn good.  I still think his favorite part was carving up Spencer, the pumpkin.  Apparently Swissys like pumpkin.  Who knew?

Anakalia

« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2005, 11:34:32 pm »
Koby went with Tony and Kenna last night to do their trick or treating.  Koby had his super cool bandana on and looked mighty fine!!  He LOVED all the trick or treaters couldn't get enough kisses in.  My daughter is SMOKIN' mad though, because he got more attention than she did.

Andi

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2005, 11:41:10 pm »
We didn't get any kids in our neighbourhood. But I think that it was a good thing because the dogs would have gone nuts, they bark when ever someone knocks at the door. But we took them out for a walk last night and they had fun. People petting them and such.

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

dohertyswissy

« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2005, 11:52:15 pm »
AWWW!!! It looks like you, Ranger, and Spencer had a good time! And, you don't look like a giant hive in your pic so you must be doing something right ;)

Jenn, my dear, that's what the boa is for!!  It is one HOT hive cover-up :)

Offline LoveMySiberian

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
    • Barks 'N Bites Pet Sitting and Day Care
« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2005, 01:55:59 am »
Taz and I went trick-or-treating as Jack and Zero from The Nightmare Before Christmas. It's hard to see his costume in the picture, because he hated it and was trying to shake it off. I think he was humiliated :D You can still see the little pumpkin nose though LOL
Jackie
Taz's Mom

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2005, 03:40:49 am »
My guys just stayed home with me and answered the door.  Scott had to work so I was in charge of both candy distribution AND dog monitoring. 

Gwen stayed (by her own choice) in the back of the house and slunk around barking her head off at any trick or treaters.  Ranger stayed (by his own choice) in the living room with me. 

I did put up a baby gate so that he couldn't come right up to the front door, but he refused to respect my authori-tah.  He soon realized that if he just jumped over the entire armchair that the gate was wedged against, he wouldn't technically be going thru the baby gate and therefore was obviously not doing anything wrong...  I hate it when he is smarter than I am.

Eventually I gave up and just let him come to the door with me.  He was good, didn't bark much, just REALLY wanted to get his head out the door and say hi...  By 7:30, I was exhausted and declared us officially "out of candy".  Asleep on the couch by 8:00...  The fun never stops around here.
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2005, 03:53:21 am »
LOL don't you just love when our fur kids are smarter that us. Harley drives me crazy when she fingures things out like getting our of her crate.
I am glad that you all had good night  :D
Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)