6 (46.2%)
Only at the gym
0 (0%)
Only with the dog
3 (23.1%)
All of the above
4 (30.8%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Author Topic: I'm bored and this is so off topic, but...  (Read 6428 times)

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
I'm bored and this is so off topic, but...
« on: November 01, 2005, 02:57:22 am »
How often do you work out? I'm sitting at my desk entering grades because report cards are due soon and I'm thinking of how uncomfortable I am. My legs are getting stiff and my neck hurts. I am tired of typing and the thought of taking Bear out just for a long walk doesn't seem enough. I think I shall hit the gym tonight! WooHoo! Go me!! What about you guys though? BPO has some pretty good looking people on here and I know that everyone can't be blessed with magical genes...so what gives? How often or when do you work out?
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
Re: I'm bored and this is so off topic, but...
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2005, 03:01:45 am »
There was once a time when I worked out at the gym 4-5 times a week.... But now, between lack of time, sheer exhaustion, and achy bones (I have a bad knee from surgery and a bad neck/back from a  car accident), the only time I get any real excersize is when I walk the dog.

I even bought a 3 month gym membership to get back in shape, but I think I only went half a dozen times before it expired  :o
RIP former BPO

Offline jabear

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2005, 03:02:38 am »
Hahaha! You sound like me!
Hugs,
Jaime

MommyOfSchnauzers

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2005, 03:03:51 am »
I have a gym membership, but I never go.  I really just need to cancel it! LOL

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2005, 03:07:47 am »
I've looked at gym equipment....d oes it count??? ;D

Anakalia

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2005, 03:11:49 am »
OOOOO this is a good question!!  I choose to do yoga.  HATE going to the gym for fear someone will see me working out...(not too coordinated).  So I do a little yoga work out at my home.  I've been slacking lately and only do it once in awhile, need to get back at it though, because if I wait a week I can tell I'm out of shape!!  I dislike the achy muscles the next day.  So no gym for me I choose to work out at home! ;D

Andi

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2005, 03:32:25 am »
Well, I used to work out for 1-1.5 hrs 5 days a week.  Mostly weightlifting.  And no, I've never looked like a female bodybuilder if you're wondering.   ;D

But I went back to work, and I wasn't going to try going to the gym in the evenings when it's so crowded.  Plus my back had started bothering me again, which was making it harder to do alot of the machines.

When I quit my job, I went into dog walking/pet sitting, so I get most of my exercise from work.  Besides my own dogs, I have a few regular dogs I walk off and on.  My butt and legs look alot better than when I was just weightlifting (not that they look that great now, but I don't jiggle quite as much now.........lo l).  I wouldn't mind toning the rest of me again though.

Offline Stephanie

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2005, 04:11:48 am »
Hey Tina,

How is the bowflex? I've been wanting one forever but Josh doesn't think they work well for guys to bulk up. So it's kind of a big debate.  ::)

I try to do pilates and was doing real good for awhile but lately I've been slacking. I should try to work out more, I think it was working, lol!!  :D
Steph

Offline deafdanelvr

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2005, 04:16:06 am »
My husband insisted on getting a bow-flex a few years ago. We used it sometimes, but when we moved it went in the garage and is still there collecting dust! I think it is going to go in our garage sale soon!! lol. We go to the gym on a pretty reg. basis and I enjoy that much more. Working out at home is too boring for me, I like to get out of the house.

GR8DAME

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2005, 04:16:28 am »
You guys are way too good. I faced facts a long time ago, I am rubinesque. LOL I will never be thin, or in good shape because I am lazy. After a 10 hour workday, cooking supper and cleaning up, and a quick pickup around the house, walk the dogs, play mommy and or/grocery/christmas/birthday shop, hockey practice/game, the only exersize I want involves breathing deeply on the couch.
Stella

angelsmama

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2005, 05:43:09 am »
i walk daily , do about 75 sit ups every other day.. ride my bike when its warm  :D i try...

Offline NoDogNow

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2005, 10:57:28 pm »
I buy a Disneyland Premium Annual Pass instead of a gym membership. 

It's much, much more fun to walk around the Happiest Place on Earth for an hour or two (or the afternoon) than anything else I've tried.  Plus, I can look forward to Space Mountain, or Indiana Jones at the end of it as a reward.

When I worked 20 minutes from Disneyland, I used to go 3 or 4 nights a week.  Now I work Beverly Hills, and only get out there a couple of times a week. 

But it's still more fun than the gym!

Sheryl, Dogless and sad

Offline jabear

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2005, 12:53:54 am »
I agree that the gym can be boring but it is so fun to people watch as you work out.  ;) I love it. And, although I don't do it as often as I should, I love going to different classes like kickboxing or other cardio classes. I tend to work out harder when others are "watching" me than when I am alone.
Hugs,
Jaime

Offline Rachel

• BPO Guru
  • Sophie
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2005, 11:11:29 am »
I bellydance.  I've been dancing for about 7 years on and off.  It keeps you in great shape and is so much fun. 

I tried the gym... but it so hard for me to motivate myself to go.  And I took this really cool yoga class which is done in an 100 degree room.  I loved it!  Its really gross cause you just sweat and sweat and everyone is sweating.... but its so refreshing and energizing when your done.  The only problem was the classes were an hour and a half long which is way to long...at that point I was taking classes full time and working. So finding an hour and a half of free time was hard.

But anyways.. I LOVE Bellydancing!
Rachel and Sophie

My new venture...
www.seasidequi lts.etsy.com

My blog for Sophie, crafting, and life in general
www.seasidequi lts.com/blog

Nicole

« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2005, 11:56:26 am »
Man! I can't say that I do ANYTHING. I'm such a loser.

Well...I go to Indiana University which is an ENORMOUS campus. Seriously. HUGE. MASSIVE. So, I have to walk around it. And sometimes that is more of a jog, cuz its really pushing it to get from one class to the next in 15 minutes.

And, I walk Cabeza. And, I live on a farm. So, there's things like, putting up hay, catching horses, fixing fences, etc.

And, I'm just kinda active, I guess. So I do things that aren't exactly work-outs, but still keep me moving.

There. Now I feel better.