Author Topic: Bark Control Collar???  (Read 17863 times)

Offline -Molly-

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
Re: Bark Control Collar???
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2005, 03:44:57 pm »
hmmmmm........ I think that sounds mean!  I agree with you.  And if your hubby won't try it he must know that it will hurt.  I dunno........
Distance makes the heart grow fonder.

Offline nickerbokker

• Big Paws-a-holic
  • i'm a big boy now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2005, 04:34:54 pm »
i moved home last month, and in order to live with my mom, i had to buy the shock collar.  i DID get shocked by it and it is NOT bad, it is more of a startle than anything (then again, it isn't on my neck).  angus got the correction about 3 times, and has shut up since....he now THINKS before he barks...it has helped him learn to control himself.  nothing else worked, and it was getting desperate, and i am GLAD i tried it.  angus used to lose control of himself, and this has helped in a HUGE WAY. 

i am against everyone running out and buying one at first, i think it is a last resort.....but in our case, it has worked. 

so thats our case.

nic
NICKI

Offline coop

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2007, 02:01:11 pm »
I'm an avid fan of the citrinella bark collar.i have a 5yr old irish setter and he does not at all like the collar afterall in fact he gets allllll kinds of excerise.

It works for anything(especially in the car when he's in your blindspot (even with a partial cage that keeps him in the back and jumping in the front)therefore it becomes a safety issue.

Try driving and looking over your shoulder and he's in your face and you almost clobber someone.

We're all entitled to "opinions' however if the collar works then it is what it is.........it's not harmful nor is it going to do anything besides prevent him from causing you(or him of course) to plow into another car and cause an accident.

Coop