Author Topic: Rough day today  (Read 2550 times)

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Rough day today
« on: November 02, 2005, 07:46:48 pm »
As alot of you know, I went back to work yesterday after being out because of the accident.  Well because I was out of work so long and because of be being laid off before I got this job, money's been tight.  My car payments suffered  :-[ 

Well first my grandmother takes my money in and instead of paying the two months with two coupons from the book she gives them one coupon and the girl at the bank only credited me one month (This is when I was laid off).  Get that cleared up.  Then I had the accident.  Give a "Friend" the cash to make my payment.  They take off.  Payment doesn't get made.  I don't have the coupon anymore so after I scrounge up the cash, pawn some stuff ect, the girl at the bank looks up my info, everything is fine.  I know I'm a little late on the other one but I'm still within my grace period.  Lady calls me today.  They have no record of September's payment, and I'm late on October.  I said I paid it, they say I didn't, I go out to my car hoping I saved the receipt, which of course I didn't.  They say if I don't make a car payment tomorrow, and another one by the 15th, they're taking my car. 

I'm freaking.  I NEED my car!  I call all the friends that I've loaned money to, they're broke (Of course they're broke, if they weren't broke why would they be borrowing money?)  I call my poor friends, hoping that they miraculously pooped out winning lottery tickets that morning.  No such luck.  Last ditch effort, I call my boss.  He asks how much I need.  I tell him $130 (I had a $130 insurance check from Workman's comp.  So I thought.......).  His wife calls me back.  They'll give me a cash advance tomorrow of $140, and I just have to pay it back $30 a week.  They won't charge interest as long as I pay on time.  I'm thrilled.  I tell them I will bake them a pie.  I'm on cloud nine. 

I get to the house.  I open my insurance check.  AGHHHH It's only for $103!!!!!  AGHHHH.  My grandmother reminds me there are late fees.  AGHHHHHHH  I'm pretty sure I can bilk $40 from Matt tomorrow, but I'm still mad because I'll have no $$$ till Friday, and that money will go bye bye, because of my car payment by the 15th.  Ugh.     

Anyone know some way to make good fast money?  At this point I don't care if it's legal or not ;)

Ang

PS, I'm just venting here.  It's been a long day.
BPO's Official Mistress of Mirth

Charter Member of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club

"And you will know us by the trail of skank."

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: Rough day today
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2005, 08:38:02 pm »
Honey I wasn't asking for money from you guys.  Now I feel bad :(  I was just venting
Because if I didn't I would break something.  And screaming is looked down upon up here.  In Nashua I can scream my bloody head off and it happens so much no one cares ;) 

And as for cleaning, I'm not in the mood today :(  If I was I would SOOOOo do it.  My house frauness is gone :(

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2005, 09:49:29 pm »
Well, you can always donate plasma.  You get paid for that, my freind does it regularily.  I can't b/c for some reason my blood does not like leaving my body (tried donating blood once, did not work out) otherwise I would.

Or go searching for as many aluminum cans as you can find.  It should only take about 10 lbs before they pay you a dollar.

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2005, 09:59:37 pm »
Well, you can always donate plasma.  You get paid for that, my freind does it regularily.  I can't b/c for some reason my blood does not like leaving my body (tried donating blood once, did not work out) otherwise I would.

Or go searching for as many aluminum cans as you can find.  It should only take about 10 lbs before they pay you a dollar.

Do you know where you can go to do the plasma thing?  I have the universal blood type.  THey'll want me!  :D

Offline LoveMySiberian

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
    • Barks 'N Bites Pet Sitting and Day Care
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2005, 10:10:28 pm »
How about pet sitting? The holidays are coming up! I do pet sitting, and it's tons of fun and pretty good money :P
Jackie
Taz's Mom

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2005, 10:27:16 pm »
Hmmm.......... I know back home, they had a plasma clinic.  A hospital or doctors office
should know where one is.

Yes, you could do petsitting.... .............. .....I'm only suggesting that b/c I know you are on the other side of the country and won't take business away from me.   ;D  ;D

Get a paper route?  I know papers are always hiring, although you'd have to get up butt early and probably drive aways to get to your route.  :P

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2005, 10:34:07 pm »
Pet sitting as much as I would LOVE to is out of the question.  You have to be licensed up here.  :(

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2005, 11:01:20 pm »
I believe you would only have to be licensed if you were making so much per year/month.  I know most vet techs that do this aren't licensed.  If you only accept cash, or can get it so all your clients are family/friends/referrals, you shouldn't need a license.  I don't think 14 yr olds have licenses for that sort of thing.

If you want to make it a business, then yes, it would be preferred you are licensed.  Frankly, it does nothing for me, other than get me credit card applications and an occasional free pen from advertising companies.