Author Topic: Someone correct me if I'm wrong..  (Read 2627 times)

Offline LoveMySiberian

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
    • Barks 'N Bites Pet Sitting and Day Care
Someone correct me if I'm wrong..
« on: November 02, 2005, 09:50:06 pm »
But doesn't "Curb Your Dog" mean pick up after your dog? Because I just got in a big fight with this woman on my block about that, and she's telling me that means to walk my dog in the middle of the street.

I was doing the usual nightly walk with Taz, and of course, a dog's gotta go when a dog's gotta go. So, he went, not even on her property, it was on the grass by the curb, and she pulls up as I'm cleaning it, which I ALWAYS do, I always take responsibility in that. And she's starts going on about how he's going on her property, which technically, it's not considered that, but I won't get started on that, and I said that to her and I asked her what does she think I'm doing squatting toward the ground with a plastic bag right after my dog just went to the bathroom, and she says that I'm supposed to curb my dog, and I asked her what does she think I'm doing squatting for my own health, and she told me I'm supposed to be in the middle of the street with my dog?! No way, not with the way people around here turn down these blocks. And she starts going on about how she's seeing a lot of poop lately or something, and I told her that I'm not the only one who walks their dog on this block, why does she think I'm carrying a plastic bag if I just leave the dogs stuff around the neighborhood. And she's all like next time I see him poop, I'm gonna follow you home and leave it on your doorstep and see how you like that, and I'm sitting there like what is wrong with this lady. I told her how is that possible if I clean up after the dog? You're gonna leave some other dog's business at my doorstep? And some other things were said, as it ended I was calling her profane things, and she finally went in, and on the way back  as I passed by I yelled some more profane things because the adrenaline was pumping LOL.

But I don't know, she pissed me off really bad and I hate people sometimes. I really want to know now, does curb your dog mean walk in the middle of the street? I really don't think so, because in the signs around the neighborhood, its not someone walking in the street, it's a little guy picking up doo doo  ::)
Jackie
Taz's Mom

Offline LoveMySiberian

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
Re: Someone correct me if I'm wrong..
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2005, 10:07:21 pm »
I should print that, and put it in her mailbox tommorow. Because I can be a jerk too  :D LOL
Jackie
Taz's Mom

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2005, 10:24:20 pm »
I was just going to say that.  Make her a copy and nail it to her door. 

Make some fliers and throw them all over her yard, car windsheilds, and such.

I wouldn't put it in her mailbox b/c technically that is illegal, and I don't want her to have you get in trouble for that.

Offline LoveMySiberian

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2005, 10:32:55 pm »
Oh, I didn't know it was illegal. Thanks for informing me, I'll probably put it on her door. I'm going to try and do it when she's not home, that way it can be a little surprise and she won't see me coming. Then I'll see what she has to say next time I pass through  :D
Jackie
Taz's Mom

Offline babs2Sully

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2005, 10:42:21 pm »
My husband just had a situation with an older woman who lives nearby...she yelled at him and Sullivan when they walked past her house.  Out of the door she came telling John that Sully leaves "gifts" on her yard.  John was picking up a deposit Sully had just left and told her that he never leaves anything behind.  She said..OH yeah..and led him over to a small pile of dog turd.  He laughed and said, Lady, look at the size of this dog... ifyou think for one minute that he can leave a tiny pile like that, you're misinformed.  I always clean up after my dog. and he walked away..

I think he should put this T-shirt on Sully when he walks past her house next time:  http://shop.store.yahoo.com/wiztees/curbthis.html

OK..not so nice...but it is funny!

Offline BabsT

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2005, 10:55:21 pm »
I am sorry but that original post just cracked me up
Zero 23mth  Central Asian Ovcharka
Anchara 16mth old Caucasian Ovcharka

Offline Good Hope

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2005, 12:28:59 am »
LoveMySiberian,

ROLFL! You must be a relative of Jerry Seinfeld! We'll send George and the boys to fix her up!

Seriously, just forget it, she's only picking on you because the poor thing has nothing else to do with her time. 

Deena