Author Topic: Baths/Tub too small?  (Read 3410 times)

lins_saving_grace

Baths/Tub too small?
« on: May 03, 2005, 09:25:33 am »
Does anyone else here have issues getting their bigs doggies into the little tubs?  Where else do you all scrub and lather and rinse your monsters?

Lady is getting so big she hardly fits in the tub anymore...and while she is getting a bath Mommy gets one too.   She loves her bath time!

Grace isn't so bad yet, but will be soon.  She's not too keen on tubs and water yet and she squirms.

nickerbokker

Re: Baths/Tub too small?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2005, 10:52:41 am »
petsmarts as well as petcos (certain locations only) do have bath stations.  i think its 15 bucks a dog, but there should be a ramp into the elevated tub, and a sprayer, and a dryer....not a bad deal.  i just wash the animules in my teeny tiny tub.  for now, it works just fine, but after the lil one grows im sure it will be a bit of a challenge....i prefer outside with a hose anyway...on a really hot summer day, put on a suit, and go get wet.  it's fun, and after you can run around and roll in the grass to dry off....nothing beats a day outside with a hose and sprinkler and your baby.

Offline kildeskennel

• Paw-meister
  • Beautiful beauty
    • View Profile
    • Kildes Kennel
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2005, 11:08:35 am »
If I have to bathe in the winter I do it in the basement we have a large basement with cement floors, drains and access to the water.  I just hook up my high pressure sprayer and volia!  Unfortunately its the "bad"place in Aidans eyes the big dark bad place!  My daughter calls it, but in the summer I do it outside, challenging to get them up on the grooming table, Beauty Jumps right up to the command "hup" but Aidan is much to large and not as agile.  A "hup" gets his front legs up and then I lift his back end.  I think I may buy an electric table this summer..
Happiness comes of the capacity to feel deeply, to enjoy simply, to think freely, to risk life, to be needed.
Storm Jameson

GR8DAME

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2005, 12:18:14 pm »
I have a big old fashoined tub in the bathroom, and use it and a handheld shower head in the winter for my three. In the summer, I hook up a hose to the kitchen sink for the warm water and run it to the back yard and do baths there. Of course all of mine are short haired, and I would imagine this is too simple a solution for those of you with full coated breeds.
Stella

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2005, 01:00:17 pm »
I think, quite a few groomers have one day a week, when you can come in and use the tub and dryer and whatnot, for a smaller fee. But like someone else said, they also have it at the larger pet stores.

When I was still haviing a grooming shop, this was no problem at all, having all the equipments needed. Now I use either a full size tub in the kids bathroom, or the large walk in shower in my bathroom, I hook up a hose to the shower and go in with them (no point in even trying to stay dry when you dont have the "doggie meant" tubs) It works well, I put down a slip mat, so they dont slide around in there, and then I go to work. The two smaller ones I tend to bath in the tub, the larger ones goes in the shower, that was nothing has to be lifted lol.... they just walk right in, and they love it, a good idea with the big dogs, I think is to make them get used to bathtime from the start, that way it is way easier when they weigh 150 lbs.

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Offline karla_doitdoggy

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2005, 06:24:55 pm »
Hello,
'The solution for me and my Rottie was I went to Rite_Aide and purchased a kiddy pool. I get in with real warm water and then my big boy has to be with his mommy so he gets in, we make it an event.
Karla
Does anyone else here have issues getting their bigs doggies into the little tubs?  Where else do you all scrub and lather and rinse your monsters?

Lady is getting so big she hardly fits in the tub anymore...and while she is getting a bath Mommy gets one too.   She loves her bath time!

Grace isn't so bad yet, but will be soon.  She's not too keen on tubs and water yet and she squirms.

Offline mamadog

• Big Paw Certified
  • This is me and my Finn
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2005, 06:35:50 pm »
The kiddy pool is a great idea. Finn still fits in the tub but I may get one anyway just so I can bathe him outside this summer. I have a friend who doesn't exactly give her dog a bath, she gets her all wet with the hose, then soaps her up, then rinses with the hose. The dog seems to love it!

Vicki

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2005, 08:23:36 am »
I like the pool idea.  When the invisible fence goes in this summer that just might do the trick.  Thanks.  

I have tubby pics from Grace playing this morning in the dry tub and it finally let me post them.  :)  Isn't she silly????
« Last Edit: May 04, 2005, 08:44:49 am by lins_saving_grace »

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2005, 08:31:27 am »
We were in Monterey at a dog show this weekend and they used those plastic, raised bathtubs that drain out. I couldn't believe that they hold a dog of 160 lbs. but it worked great. Now I want to go out and buy one to use in the backyard.
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.