Author Topic: Puggle???  (Read 3551 times)

Kiahpyr

Puggle???
« on: November 04, 2005, 12:22:31 pm »
A puggle is a pug/beagle mix that is becoming very popular. I saw this on the news last night and I couldn't believe it. People are paying $600 to $1000 for this mix breed. What in the world is going on? When I was growing up mixed breeds were considered mutts. I have nothing against mixed breeds. I had lived with lots of dogs growing up and the best dog we ever had was a mix. I just can't believe that people are willing to pay more for a mix breed then a purbred.

http://www.puggle.org/
http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/puggle.htm

Offline MustLove Dogs

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Re: Puggle???
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2005, 01:34:21 pm »
I know... it bugs me too!!!

I read about it in a paper... here's the thread http://www.bigpawsonly.com/index.php/topic,5109.msg65331.html#msg65331
"The more boys I meet the more I like dogs"

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion"

I'm blonde... whats your exc

Kiahpyr

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2005, 02:14:46 pm »
I must have missed that thread sorry MLD.

Offline Stacey

• Grand Master
  • Tonka
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2005, 02:22:37 pm »
That's because these breeders have found a way to con stupid people.....ins tead of "mutts" they are now called "designer dogs" ::) (there's a sucker born every minute!)
I am kind of a big deal!

Offline Senghe

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2005, 03:21:36 pm »
Sad, but if people are stupid to fall for it what can you do? It's as bad here in England and I'm one forum where people are always posting wanting a pedigree maltipoo, yorkiepoo or a 'teacup' version of whatever toy breed. I'm sick of explaining that they aren't purebred. I had a heated argument with one woman who bred pugs and insisted that Oripei were FCI recognized - she got the European/International Kennel Club with a good reputation mixed up with the FIC who are about as bona fide as a 3 dollar bill. Oripei have all sorts of helth problems, so why crossbreed?

The sad thing is a lot of this designer breeds cost more than a good pedigree of either breed and the parents are bad examples of their breeds with no health checks etc...

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2005, 09:56:02 pm »
I hate the name...puggle. People need to find other hobbies.
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline MustLove Dogs

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2005, 10:04:41 pm »
yeah... and, in my opinion, they aren't that cute...

Regular beagles are much cuter  :)
"The more boys I meet the more I like dogs"

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion"

I'm blonde... whats your exc