Author Topic: Pet Portraits - Taking orders for Christmas.  (Read 5079 times)

Offline felicity

• Gnawer
  • Anassa my sweet girl.
    • View Profile
    • Pastel Pet Portraits
Pet Portraits - Taking orders for Christmas.
« on: October 17, 2005, 07:13:38 pm »
Hi,

I'm a pastel pet portrait artist living in Australia, I do commissions of peoples pets which start at a low $70, I also post worldwide  :)

I'm currently taking orders for Christmas and already have five so if you are interested just send me a photo of your pet along with what size you are interested in.

my website is http://www.pastelpetportraits.com.au and my email is jfdean@ozzienet.net

I hope to work with you soon.

thanks

felicity
« Last Edit: October 17, 2005, 07:15:55 pm by felicity »

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: Pet Portraits - Taking orders for Christmas.
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2005, 10:36:52 pm »
Nice work, Felicity. I am an animal portrait artist myself here in the US. I work in colored pencil. Pastels look like a really fun medium, I just seem to make a huge mess every time I use them!! :D
« Last Edit: November 09, 2005, 10:06:06 pm by doghealer »

Offline felicity

• Gnawer
  • Anassa my sweet girl.
    • View Profile
    • Pastel Pet Portraits
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2005, 09:23:29 am »
Thanks!

i had a look at your site and love your work  ;D  pastels can be a little messy but i think they are definately worth it :)

felicity

Offline felicity

• Gnawer
  • Anassa my sweet girl.
    • View Profile
    • Pastel Pet Portraits
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2005, 08:45:33 pm »
here are some photo's of my recent work, i'm currently doing five portraits for the same woman  :)

thanks for looking

felicity

Offline Senghe

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2005, 10:51:02 am »
Somebody bought me a pastel portrait of my dog Phoebe that died in March. It was from a tiny photo about two inches square - I honestly don't know how he did it as it was like he'd known her it was so good! I wish I had the patience - not to mention the talent - you people have!

I do dabble occasionally myself - have attached a couple of my creations of my own dogs. A pencil drawing of my Tinkerbell and a drawing/computer generated creation I did featuring Phoebe just for a bit of fun. I haven't got around to doing anything featuring my latest muse, Flynn as of yet!  ;D
« Last Edit: November 10, 2005, 10:52:20 am by Senghe »

Offline Moni

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2005, 12:01:23 pm »
Did you guys just keep practicing or did you take classes to fine tune your talents?  They are just amazing, I hope that I can be that good someday.  I like to sketch, but REALLY need help learning how to shade and what not.   ::) 

Here's a couple of my more recent doodles.  lol  The first is a pen sketch of Zeo, then is a crayon doodle of a GSD in Dog Fancy(really crappy, but I had fun lol) and then is a pencil sketch of my neice and my mom's dog.   :-\  What do you all recommend to improve?  Books, classes, etc???  Thanks and I love your portraits!  :D
BPO does not have my permission to use my photos.

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2005, 02:18:23 pm »
Oooh Moni that last one is awesome! To me, it is all about the spirit of the piece, if it gets your emotions going then it is really a work of art. If you work with love, I think the technique and skills just fall into place.
I have been drawing since I was like 3 or 4 years old, and I have always pretty much done nothing but dogs and horses. Really. Don't ask me to draw a tree or a building or a person, I can't do it. It took me a long time to get the hang of cats. But a dog or a horse (or a unicorn, heh heh) I can do. I am very limited! But that's ok with me! I never took specialized classes unless you count art lessons when I was 5 years old and just the normal classes in high school. I'm "self-taught". I practiced and practiced. I am still practicing. There is always room to get better as long as you want to. I think if you keep up with it you can really make some beautiful art. :)
Shading you can get a lot of hints from books. Just flip through some drawing books and find some pencil drawings you like. Try to draw it just like you see it in the book. That is great practice.

Senghe, nice sharpei! Those are hard with all those wrinkles trying to make them actually look like a dog instead of a bunch of random lines! ;D

Felicity- that's awesome you are doing 5 portraits for the same lady!! I have one client who has 15 dogs and she practically has a gallery of my work in her hallway! It's so fun! :D

(here's my latest creation)
« Last Edit: November 10, 2005, 02:29:24 pm by doghealer »

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2005, 03:32:18 pm »
Marsi, you should frame that drawing of Ranger. I would. It's awesome.