Author Topic: Hi! New here!  (Read 15724 times)

Offline Alexandermals

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Hi! New here!
« on: March 29, 2005, 06:40:15 pm »
Hi Everybody,
I'm new here and I have 3 Alaskan Malamutes with some seriously big paws!  I can't help but post these pics...
My babies are: Cascade's Lady Cheelah -- 10 yrs
                            Woodland's Chief Kiowa of Nyak -- 3 yrs
                            Nyak's Scandalous Kayte -- 16 mos.

I get told quite often that I'm crazy for having these guys in the house, but they are the perfect house dogs. Unless you count coat-blowing time!!!  ;D 

Offline newfdog

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Re: Hi! New here!
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2005, 07:21:56 pm »
Welcome to the group! You have some very very good looking malamute dogs.
Can't wait to see more pictures!

Offline Viney Dog

• Ankle Biter
  • Raisa-Beautiful.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2005, 07:49:02 pm »
Hi Everybody,
I'm new here and I have 3 Alaskan Malamutes with some seriously big paws!  I can't help but post these pics...

I get told quite often that I'm crazy for having these guys in the house, but they are the perfect house dogs. Unless you count coat-blowing time!!!  ;D  

Welcome to the group and what an awesome group of Mals!  I love the pictures, and I am a huge lover of the black and whites.  I have raised Mals for over 20 years, and they have all been total house dogs and couch potatoes; not to mention pulling, sledding and a bit of time in the show ring. What line(s) do they originate from? They are beautiful, and it's great to see another Mal owner on this site.  Welcome!

Offline Alexandermals

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2005, 09:04:15 pm »
Thank you for your lovely comments.  I think they're gorgeous, but then, I'm biased.....

Okay, lines......fir st, Kayte is Cheelah's paternal grandmother.  We got Cheelah when she retired from her breeding program. Cheelah, she's easy.  She's out of Madelaine Seller's kennel - Cascade Alaskan Malamutes. 

Now, Kayte.  She was bred by Drema Davidson @ Nyak Kennels outside of Houston. She's Cascade on both sire and dam's side. Kayte's dam's side has Yukonjak as well.
Kayte's Sire -- Nyak bred, Cascade on his dam (Cheelah)  Wild Wind on his sire.
Fun fact: I traced Kayte's Wild Wind's ancestry all the way back to Rowdy of Nome, interestingly.

And at last, Kiowa.  He retired out of the breeding program at 2 yrs. as he did not OFA.
He was Woodland's bred by Ryan Wood (this kennel no longer exists)
Sire -- Woodlands,Towbars, Snoqualmes   
Dam -- Ttundra, Cascade, Yukonjak

That's about all I know.  I do know that things stay darned interesting with my little pack here!  I fell in love with Malamutes early in life, although I did not get one until 5 years ago. Unfortunately my first sweet girl stayed with my ex, but I was hooked.  I cannot live without a few underfoot...ho wling at 5 am...stepping on my feet....beggin g the landlord for candy....well, you know! I wouldn't know what to do if I got to go to the kitchen without causing an uproar! lol

Offline Viney Dog

• Ankle Biter
  • Raisa-Beautiful.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2005, 07:50:13 am »
Thank you for your lovely comments.  I think they're gorgeous, but then, I'm biased.....

Okay, lines......fir st, Kayte is Cheelah's paternal grandmother.  We got Cheelah when she retired from her breeding program. Cheelah, she's easy.  She's out of Madelaine Seller's kennel - Cascade Alaskan Malamutes.  

Now, Kayte.  She was bred by Drema Davidson @ Nyak Kennels outside of Houston. She's Cascade on both sire and dam's side. Kayte's dam's side has Yukonjak as well.
Kayte's Sire -- Nyak bred, Cascade on his dam (Cheelah)  Wild Wind on his sire.
Fun fact: I traced Kayte's Wild Wind's ancestry all the way back to Rowdy of Nome, interestingly.

And at last, Kiowa.  He retired out of the breeding program at 2 yrs. as he did not OFA.
He was Woodland's bred by Ryan Wood (this kennel no longer exists)
Sire -- Woodlands,Towbars, Snoqualmes  
Dam -- Ttundra, Cascade, Yukonjak

That's about all I know.  I do know that things stay darned interesting with my little pack here!  I fell in love with Malamutes early in life, although I did not get one until 5 years ago. Unfortunately my first sweet girl stayed with my ex, but I was hooked.  I cannot live without a few underfoot...ho wling at 5 am...stepping on my feet....beggin g the landlord for candy....well, you know! I wouldn't know what to do if I got to go to the kitchen without causing an uproar! lol

Thanks for the info; I do appreciate it.  Am I to assume you are in the south as I am not familiar with the kennel names you have mentioned?  I am up in Wisconsin, and when I saw your black and whites, I thought of the line from Shilon and Dave Bedford of Black Ice Kennels in Minnesota, or the Totem line from Canada.  I had (2) b&w's at one time, a brother and sister, which were decendants from the Totem line and were absolutely beautiful.  Either way, once you are owned by one Mal, you are owned forever, that is how I became hooked!  Looking forward to more pictures.  Again, your b&w are stunning.

Offline LuvmyMal

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2005, 05:17:17 pm »
Hi, I am new here also. I absoultely love my mal she is 10 weeks old and is completely wonderful and was the best dog at potty training, we are officially off of potty training pads.

Offline Viney Dog

• Ankle Biter
  • Raisa-Beautiful.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2005, 07:58:05 pm »
Hi, I am new here also. I absoultely love my mal she is 10 weeks old and is completely wonderful and was the best dog at potty training, we are officially off of potty training pads.

Oh, is she an absolute doll!  What is her name?  If you have this little one potty trained at 10 weeks old, then you have a truly extraordinary Mal.  That is very encouraging!  Is this the first Mal you have ever had?  Hold onto her lots when she is this size, as it will not last long.....
Welcome to the site and keep sending pictures as she grows.

Offline LuvmyMal

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2005, 08:28:55 pm »
Thank you, her name is Tonka, and watching her grow so far has been wonderful, she was the runt and weighed 4 lbs when I picked her up and then 3 weeks later she was up to 11 lbs, we are estimating now that she is 20-25. I got her when she was a couple days from 6 weeks old and the breeder had been paper training all the pups. There were 12 pups in her litter and she was definitely the smallest but the most fiesty and that shows more than ever now. This is our first malamute, so we are enjoying watching her looks transform it seems like when she goes to sleep at night she wakes up bigger.

Offline Driftwood

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2005, 06:34:27 am »
Hi Everybody,
I'm new here and I have 3 Alaskan Malamutes with some seriously big paws!  I can't help but post these pics...

I get told quite often that I'm crazy for having these guys in the house, but they are the perfect house dogs. Unless you count coat-blowing time!!!  ;D  

Hello,
Those are beautiful Mals! I've got a 16 month old as well...and coincidentally, she's out of Nyak's kennel too...so she is Kayte's littermate! Pictures are below; these are older so I'll have to dig up some new ones to post. Drema is a dear friend of ours, she's a real credit to the right way to breed Malamutes. I'm building her new website for her...here's a link: http://www.ixio.net/HOSTED/NyaksMals. Your Cheelah is documented in her pedigrees.

Nyak's Shiloh Bone

Offline Viney Dog

• Ankle Biter
  • Raisa-Beautiful.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2005, 07:12:41 am »
She is absolutely beautiful and I wish they would stay that size forever; the small, cuddly size that you can squeeze really tight....send more pictures when you have a chance!  Her coloring is true to the breed as well as her structure and size.  Absolultely awesome!