Author Topic: Vehicle's For BPO pets  (Read 27507 times)

Offline Teamshredit

• Big Paw Certified
  • Aspen having fun near Mammoth Lakes
    • View Profile
Re: Vehicle's For BPO pets
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2006, 04:06:05 pm »
I heard they are advertising the new Tahoe as getting 30mpg! Unfortunately this will be my last SUV...they tore it up and we've lost thousands of $$   :(
I'm researching the Silverado, or Denali pickup for my next vehicle(with a topper)....they can dirty up the back all they want!! It's cooler when in the shade too.  :)
Zane - St Bernard/Shepherd mix
Aspen - Pyr/Malamute mix
Craig - Our Ridgie, has gone over the Rainbow Bridge

Offline Winslow 151

• Paw-meister
  • Winslow at 6 Months
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2006, 04:42:49 pm »
Hi,

Funny to see this still active. Well we are still looking, We drove the HHR it was nice just a little under powered with the 4 cylinder but definately in the top 3. We rented a Hyndai Tuscon in COLORADO so we got to test in the mountainns and snow and it was really nice. That is the leader at the moment, and the CRV is still up there.

When we make a purchase we'll let you know. The Saturn Coupe is getting smaller every week I think.

Rich
Happy Tails to All
Winslow's Dad

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2006, 10:48:08 pm »
We recently bought a Dodge Durango...I really like it but truthfully our minivan is easier to get the dogs into & it seems roomier for them. (with the back seat out)...Here is our Durango.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2006, 10:15:10 am by Gypsy Jazmine »

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2006, 11:52:09 pm »
I have a '98 Toyota T-100 and I love my truck.  I have the extended cab so the girls get the whole back seat.  But I recently went and looked at the Honda Ridgeline.  I love that vehicle.  I just can't justify it since the gas mileage is worse than my truck that is older.  But the Ridgeline has a trunk in the bed that can act as a cooler.  I am talking a cruising beer container for a tailgate party.  Okay enough dreaming.

Kat
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline cuttles/sadieMay

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2006, 02:13:13 am »
Wow this is a really good post,good info!
I have also been looking recently for a new vehicle to accomidate my little soon to be big Kayzer! I have A 2000 Intrepid
Beautiful car to ride in and drive but it always has something wrong with it.The material of the interior is the worst thing I have ever seen,Its like valcro.Everyth ing sticks to it and its really hard to get off, I hate it! Thinking about a Ford Escape! Did some research and it sounds pretty good on gas and quite roomy inside for an SUV. Im very relieved that Im not the only one buying a new car for my dog LOL
cuttles

First mistake you bought MOPAR!  Boooo Hisssss!  :P  OK just so you know, I test drove the Escape when I was looking at cars in April (Nee was about 8 months old at the time).  I thought it was too small.  He couldn't lay down unless all the seats were down, (OH YES, I brought him with me) he was hunched in the back pushed between the back of the seats and the actual tail gate.  I don't even WANT to think about trying to do it with him now.  I guess if I never took anyone anywhere and if I only had the one Dog it would be OK.  Honestly though, Matt's mom just got the new Chevy HHR and I LOVE IT!  LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE it!  You should check it out.  Tons of Cargo Room, AWESOME gas mileage, Great styling, low to the ground so easier for the babies to jump in and out of.  Just an idea :)
Good to know considering Kayzer isnt full grown yet! I much prefer a chev anyway to tell you the truth! My car has been nothing but a big exspensive pain in my @#$!
Transmission, air conditioning and front end parts, dont even get me started! Research will be done this time, and plenty of it. I will check out the Chevy for sure!
Thanks for the info!
cuttles

Offline Magnus

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2006, 10:07:08 am »
My wife has an Xterra as well which is great for the dogs, and I drive an Armada which is roomier although not as fuel efficient.  We drove it to OBX last year with the entire fam (2 adults, 3 kids, 2 dogs) and all of our gear and it was wonderful. I have a ramp on order to help getting them in and out.
StanLee- American Mastiff
Julie- Rottie
Steve- Pug/Jack Russel
Neeko- My old rottie friend waiting at the bridge

Kiahpyr

« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2006, 10:12:05 am »
Hi,

Funny to see this still active. Well we are still looking, We drove the HHR it was nice just a little under powered with the 4 cylinder but definately in the top 3. We rented a Hyndai Tuscon in COLORADO so we got to test in the mountainns and snow and it was really nice. That is the leader at the moment, and the CRV is still up there.

When we make a purchase we'll let you know. The Saturn Coupe is getting smaller every week I think.

Rich

I LOVE my CRV!!! I would definately go for it! Honda's are wonderful and they last forever. I will never drive anything else again. It fits both my dogs too!

Offline macybean

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2006, 01:30:15 pm »
I have a Wrangler. Sadie and Riley both fit in the back seat (I buckle them in with their harnesses). Sadie gets in and out on her own, but I help Riley in and out, so he doesn't make any hard landings. He's getting too big for that, though, so I need to get some kind of a ramp, I think. Also, I'm not sure about him squeezing between the front seat and the door frame to get to the back in another 6 months to a year. LOL. I think my next vehicle will be something like a 4-Runner or Element. My mom has a Pilot that is great, but it's a little big for me.

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 18, 2006, 01:11:37 pm »
I am look for an SUV now. Do the seats second and third row seats on the Armanda and the Durango fold down flat?

Lisa
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 18, 2006, 02:59:10 pm »
Thanks Melissa, I will take a look. 

Lisa
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline Hghlndr

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2006, 01:11:35 pm »
I'm new to the BPO and getting a AM in a few weeks. I have been looking at getting a F250 Crew Cab diesel. Plenty of room and decent mileage and can tow almost anything. I will be getting a ramp when I do.
Boudreaux - American Mastiff