Author Topic: Animals STILL Need Rescue!  (Read 1293 times)

Offline Good Hope

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
Animals STILL Need Rescue!
« on: November 08, 2005, 11:23:02 pm »
Hi,

I was asked to cross post this info... it is a heart breaker, especially if you check out the link at the bottom. Please cross post and help if you can.  :'(

Thanks,
Deena

Read below:

As some of you know, I've been working as a "StealthVolunte er" trying to reunite Katrina animals with their families, who are now spread throughout the country.  I've been doing this because I would be beside myself if I somehow got separated from my dogs in a disaster such as Katrina.  People were forced to leave their animals behind.  One man was told, "You either leave that dog and come with us, or I'm killing the dog here and now!"

The news media have left New Orleans behind, and now it's on to the next big story.  HSUS and ASPCA pulled out of New Orleans on October 15.  Since then, the rescue of dogs, cats, horses, birds, and anything else in the animal kingdom has been carried on by Jane Garrison, one of the HSUS's most skilled and committed rescuers, by herself without HSUS credentials, and by a number of small, but dedicated groups such as Noah's Wish.

There is still desperate need, in fact increasingly desperate need, for volunteers to help with this effort.

Below is a message that was put on the StealthVolunte ers list about the current situation.  If there is any way you can help -- by going to NO, by sending money, be being a StealthVolunte er -- please do whatever you can.

-----------------------------------------------------------

"There are still many, many animals still needing food/water and
rescue in the New Orleans area.  If you know anyone, please
encourage them to go to help out.  Getting donations to help fund
trips for this cause is very doable. Please see Eric's
(www.ericsdogbl og.com) suggestions below about how to get creative
on enlisting help.  Thank you.