Author Topic: pointer cross or just a pointer?  (Read 37495 times)

Offline felicity

• Gnawer
  • Anassa my sweet girl.
    • View Profile
    • Pastel Pet Portraits
pointer cross or just a pointer?
« on: November 09, 2005, 08:55:27 pm »
how many pointer owners here have a purebred pointer and how many have a pointer cross?

i'd love to see photos of other pointer crosses like anassa :)

come on guys, don't be shy  ;)

felicity

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: pointer cross or just a pointer?
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2005, 09:20:53 pm »
I have Zoot, a pointer mix. When he was a baby I thought he was half Great Dane but now that he is full grown, he's only 60 lbs.
He's 4 years old and he is my best friend. He is the greatest. I've never had another dog who bonded so closely to me.  ;D

Offline K9ldy00

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2005, 09:56:10 pm »
Grizelda is a Pointer cross.  She is my old girl at 12 years old. One of my smartest furkids.
Dog Mom to
Dozer, Tealk,Zander,Zeva, Tesla

Offline felicity

• Gnawer
  • Anassa my sweet girl.
    • View Profile
    • Pastel Pet Portraits
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2005, 10:17:55 pm »
awwww, their both gorgeous! it's so nice to see some more pointer crosses, i'd never even seen a pointer until i saw nass, she was in a pet store and had the biggest ears and paws plus those eyes, i just had to take her home. she was quiet big too because the pet store i go to takes dogs that need homes, strays mostly and some of the pups are a bit older.

she is very smart too, she learned to sit stay and shake the first time i taught her and she will stay for ages, i can even turn around and walk away, she also low and high fives, waves and fetches stuff then brings it back to me sits and drops it at my feet, the best thing is that if she loses something i throw to her most of the time i only have to point in the right direction and tell her to find it and she does  ;D

she has also bonded with me very well and was like a best friend from day one, i spend most of my time with her, during the day she will sit in the kitchen while i cook or lay on the couch with me or if i'm gardening she'll try to help with that...not that she really helps much lol, just makes a mess.

she is a fantastic dog, i especially love how she follows me everywhere and when i sit on the couch or lay on the bed to read she lays near me  :D

who said dogs are mans best friend.....lol

felicity

Offline krismark

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
    • My babies!
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2006, 07:09:39 am »
I have one GSP, and a GSP/Weim cross. The cross looks just like a weim to me, but with GSP liver color instead of grey.

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2006, 07:19:58 am »
Did you know that GSP's can come in a solid liver color?  It could be a purebred GSP.   ;)

Blair

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2006, 07:21:21 am »
Did you know that GSP's can come in a solid liver color?  It could be a purebred GSP.   ;)

I was thinking the samething LOL I know when i was looking for my GSP i was looking at the solid liver color ones, they are so handsome. But i love my little roan male  :)

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2006, 10:55:31 am »
Did you know that GSP's can come in a solid liver color?  It could be a purebred GSP.   

I was thinking the samething LOL I know when i was looking for my GSP i was looking at the solid liver color ones, they are so handsome. But i love my little roan male 

I LOVE the solid GSP's.  A lady that used to come to our dog park had 2 purebreds and one mixed breed GSP, and her female was a gorgeous solid chocolate color.  I never knew they came in that color until I met hers. I guess in Europe that color fairly commen and popular.

Offline krismark

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
    • My babies!
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2006, 09:29:13 am »
Nope, Watson is a Weim mix. Our fist GSP was solid liver and looked a lot like him, but he is a Weim mix for sure. We got him from the Humane Society but he has a history from birth. He wa actually "returned" four times before we got him. Antoher board member here, Nicole, was working at the humane society and she let me know he was there. He is so insanely hyper, I can't imagine anyone else in this area being able to handle him. Fortunately, we love ridiculously hyper dogs!

Also, he is about 27 inches at the withers. He is way out of standard for a GSP, but within the range of a Weim. Although, our papered GSP is 28 inches, so he is WAY too tall for his breed.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2006, 09:35:52 am by krismark »

Nicole

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2006, 06:24:19 am »
Watson is the MOST HYPER dog I have EVER MET IN MY ENTIRE LIFE!

But, thank goodness for my equally hyper best friend and her irrational, inexplicable love for mentally challenged dogs. Watson was literally on his last day when I called her and told her about him.

Hey, krismark, welcome, dude! I'm so glad you're here!

Offline claire1011

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2007, 04:22:55 am »
Hi All,
This is my first reply so hope it goes well!!!!And i manage to get a piccy on!!!
I had jazzie my Pointer on the 10th June 06,we celebrated his birthday last Wednesday,he is the kindest dog I have ever owned,his temperement is second to none and knows every word you say to him(even though he doesnt always obey)he is One Perfect Pointer.
We walk about 3miles a day with him and often go the beach now he is a bit older to have a good run,didnt want to damage his bones and muscles when he was young.
He is my baby but yet also has a mind of his own and can be VERY STUBBORN especially if he has the scent of a bird!!Then nose in the air and thats it............ ...hope to meet some more Pointers on here,luv jazzie and claire x

Offline LibbyP

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2007, 07:39:03 am »
Welcome Claire and Jazzie, what a handsome boy you have I have a real soft spot for hounds, I used to have a Redtick Coonhound and right now I have my old man Hoover who is a Walkerhound x and a big girl English Mastiff Libby. Can't wait to learn more about the two of you and you'll have to post more pics as we don't get to see very many hound pics on here. Glad you found BP this is the best forum around ~ Kim
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. ~ Will Rogers

mama to ~Libby 6.5yr E.Mastiff
         Stormy 2yr Boston Terrier
         RIP my sweet 'old man' Hoover (1993-2007)

Offline claire1011

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2007, 10:01:52 am »
Hiya Kim,Thank you for your reply,yes sure do have lots of pics so hopefully will manage to put some on of jazzie!!
Your Avatar picture is Gorgeous,i love hounds too:)

I do use another site and have been a member for over a year,have a lot of friends on it in the US and Canada and it has very good info about doggies but I thought I would find another site,change is as good as a rest as they say!!
jazzie at the moment is in his adolescent stages and wants to play more than eating his meals,he suffers from Colitus so his main diet is raw meaty bones and his wheat and gluten free food(the dearest on the shelf!!)but he has to have so thats it,not complaining,we manage to get all his bones free so its not to bad.
He weighs about four and a half stone at the mo and very slender with solid muscle,he is as tall as me when he stands on his hinds.
Anyway going to try and download some pics for you to see......luv jazzie & claire x

Offline opera_caity

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2008, 02:51:52 am »
Simon, a pointer/springer spaniel mix does the exact same thing as Jazzie...that resting chin on any surface!  It's so funny to see another dog with similar traits.

Offline Mila_My_Love

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2008, 11:16:56 pm »
Thanks to the pics and description of Zoot, I'm fairly certain that I know that my little girl is not going to be a Great Dane (as some have predicted -- she's a rescue pup).  She looks JUST LIKE ZOOT.  I'll try to send some pics of my Mila.  In puppy school (via PetSmart), sooo many people have asked me if she is Great Dane.  But now I think perhaps not. No matter though ... I've told her that as big or small as she may grow, I will love her no more nor less. Needless to say, there is no measure for my love of her.