Author Topic: He's finally here!!  (Read 22241 times)

Offline Tulsas' Dad

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Re: He's finally here!!
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2005, 01:43:51 am »
YAY!
Happy new addition!
Labs are GOOFY!
Make sure the windows are up when you drive by any form of water.
Be very sure that you have a change of clothes, and can out swim your dog!
Be very, very sure that you have a toy that your dog can't live without, attach a string, or rope to it, throw it toward your dog and run like the devil is chasing you!
Your dog will think that it's a cool game. And will come to you everytime.
Don't be disturbed when you call your dog, and it looks at you with that expression, "You talkin' to me?"
And finally, monitor their food!
A Lab will eat until it gags, and can't swallow.
A Lab will finish it's food and then look at you like it's starving.
It will look at any guests with that same look.
A Lab is the Master of the FOOD Guilt Trip!
Don't be a Chump!
I Love Labs!
The scientific name for an animal that doesn't either run from or fight its enemies, is Lunch.--Michael Friedman

Offline Good Hope

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2005, 08:22:42 am »
Cooper is cute.  All puppies are.  ;)

How did you pick that name?  Did it just "fit"?  Did Sammy like him?

Sofia

Offline bigdoglover

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2005, 08:47:20 am »
oh, i love him and what a perfect name you picked for him! i have a 10 year old labbie girl who was so bad as a puppy but matured into the absolute best dog ever and is so sweet. but, she still gets the devil in her even now and she makes me laugh so hard-take lots of pictures and hope you are ready for 2 years of terror from the little devil, but it will be worth it and years later you will smile and laugh about just how bad cooper was as a puppy. just my opinion but labs are the best companion ;D

k2campbell

« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2005, 06:35:36 pm »
He is sooooooooo adorable - I want another puppy now!

Congrats again - he's soooooo sweet!

Offline MustLove Dogs

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2005, 11:30:34 am »
Cooper is cute. All puppies are.  ;)

How did you pick that name?  Did it just "fit"? Did Sammy like him?

Sofia

Yeah, the name just fit... at first we were going to go with Dudley, then when we brought him home we were like "No..." so we picked Cooper... and it fits!

Sammy isn't too fond of him... mostly because Cooper wants to play and Sammy wants to sleep!! But give 'em a couple of days and they should be fine... hopefully  :P
"The more boys I meet the more I like dogs"

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion"

I'm blonde... whats your exc

Offline MustLove Dogs

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2005, 11:36:32 am »
oh, i love him and what a perfect name you picked for him! i have a 10 year old labbie girl who was so bad as a puppy but matured into the absolute best dog ever and is so sweet. but, she still gets the devil in her even now and she makes me laugh so hard-take lots of pictures and hope you are ready for 2 years of terror from the little devil, but it will be worth it and years later you will smile and laugh about just how bad cooper was as a puppy. just my opinion but labs are the best companion ;D

I have a 13 year old lab, and he was a bad puppy also. He didn't calm down till he was 11!! I think labs are AMAZING dogs.

Cooper is being quite a little devil today... goes to eat EVERYTHING... including our hands, pants, and shirts. He grabs a hold of my pants, I tell him to stop and get my pants out of his mouth, and he goes for my finger and starts growling {puppy growling} is this normal? Is there anyway to stop it? Thankfully he's asleep now!!

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion"

Offline bigdoglover

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2005, 12:08:53 pm »
my girl never growled until now-when we play she terrorizes me with her growl now-she is so funny. i want a puppy now- :o

Offline MustLove Dogs

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2005, 12:11:42 pm »
Hehe... you should get one!!! Cooper's my first pup in 13 years!  :o  ;D

{modified to add picture  :)}
« Last Edit: November 12, 2005, 12:13:12 pm by MustLove Dogs »

henrysmomma

« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2005, 05:09:53 pm »
Congratulation s! He's adorable!

Rose

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2005, 06:35:37 pm »
Cooper is so frickin' cute!!!!  Adorable.  I love the puppy growls...Chest er still does it to get Cowboy to play.  Try to keep treats in your pockets and reward immediately for good behavior and try to ignore bad.  I say this like I'm good at it but Chester will still try to climb my back (front paws are already to my shoulders ::)) if he thinks I have treats...so he'll get rewarded if he sits.  It's truly a quandry.  I think maybe he's smarter than I am!!  (okay....I know!!)

I think the very best way to get control is to tire him out; and I know with a Lab that's tough!    ;D