Author Topic: Mornings are Highly Overrated  (Read 4654 times)

dohertyswissy

Mornings are Highly Overrated
« on: November 10, 2005, 09:53:45 am »
I am having a grumpy, grumpy morning.  I went to bed later than usual, because we had pool league.  I decided to work from home, because some evil mignon decided to have a conference call at 8:00 a.m.  WHO HAS A CONFERENCE CALL ON FRIDAY AT 8:00?!?!  Pure evil, I tell you.  I had a large hive last night on the side of my neck, (this freaking hive thing is really starting to grate on my nerves.....) and I was going to go to the doctor this morning.  However, now, it is pretty much gone, but I'm still a little itchy.  Those freaking jerks at the doc's office, though, aren't going to give me anything unless I'm in full out hive breakout.  ARGH!  Ranger is freaking bound and determined to chase the cat all over the house.  Oh - and I don't understand men.

That about wraps up my morning.

I think I'll go get another cup of coffee.

lins_saving_grace

Re: Mornings are Highly Overrated
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2005, 09:55:13 am »
I hate mornings like that too!  Mine started almost the same...but the man I don't understand is still drunk from last night and called in Not Sober to work today. :)
We should make a "good morning always" half way house.  :) 

Offline amberdoggoneit

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2005, 10:18:55 am »
i was woken up at 7 oclock also because winston decided he wanted to play with the cat who would not get down from the fridge.  I am not a happy person in the morning either.  I tell myriah ( my boyfriend) baby go tell him to stop.  He says you go do it i have to get up at 7 30 and it is cold in the house.  So believe me  i dont understand men either.
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker" border="0
Bell 3 1/2 yr old Weimeraner
Baxter 3 yr old English Springer Spaniel
Buble 10 month old English Springer Spaniel

dohertyswissy

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2005, 11:08:35 am »
Ranger is now thinking it is great fun to steal CLEAN laundry out of the basket while Mommy is folding it, thereby DOUBLING my laundry chore.  Nothing like fresh laundry now covered in Swissy slobber.

Jenn - I'm thinking Bailey's might be in order.  That will be Rule #1 at our "Good Mornings Always" halfway house.  Rule #2 - Men must explain themselves so we don't go batty or we'll just have Newf Lover give lectures on the logic of male behavior.   :D

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2005, 11:11:41 am »
I think Newf lover should give lectures to our men.  The bad ones...the mean ones...the rude ones.  and teach them to be good boys! 
I am so close to filing for divorce it's pitiful. 

Offline NoDogNow

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2005, 05:01:45 pm »
Repeat after me: 

There is no such thing as a good morning.

This is axiomatic. 

If you think you have had a good morning, you are hallucinating or on some sort of mood stabilizing drugs that have skewed your perception of the world. 

some evil mignon

who schedule conference calls at 8 am on any morning, much less a Friday are not actual people; they are steaks, and you should have ignored the phone; alternatively, you could let Ranger eat them.   ;) ;D

However there are  Minions of Satan who do this kind of thing because they are supernatural horrors who are trying to make your life h*ll on earth, instead of waiting for you to go to h*ll naturally for making fun of ugly babies. 

If you ever wonder if someone is a Minion of Satan, just look to see  how early in the morning they appear to be voluntarily engaged in vigorous activity.  Anyone who does this is a Minion, I promise you.  I know, because my father is a Minion, my brother is a Minion, and they have tortured our family for YEARS. 

Minions of Satan will try to turn you into one of them.  You only chance to save yourself is to chant at them in groups of three the incantation I gave you above:  "There is no such thing as a good morning, there is no such thing as a good morning, there is no such thing as a good morning." Then you turn over and cover your head with a pillow. 

They may drag you out of bed after this and FORCE you to be active in the morning, but by means of the chant and the pillow-hide, you will retain your humanity.

Also, you should take a nap.   :-*

Sheryl, Dogless and sad

MommyOfSchnauzers

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2005, 09:05:38 pm »
I just have to add that I absolutely hate mornings.  Most all of them.  Mornings are EVIL. 

Offline Good Hope

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2005, 10:44:03 pm »
The reason you all have problems in the morning is obviously because you sleep in too late.  ::)  If you went to bed really late or have been really tired lately, I can understand sleeping in until seven or even a little after, but later than that...  The morning is already off to a bad start.

I usually get up around 5:00, say my prayers, eat breakfast, feed our dogs and my cat, and play with them a little.  I don't do much until between 6:15 and 7:00, when I take a shower.  Mornings are nice that way.  :)

What is horrible is forgetting to set the alarm and waking at 6:30!  Arrrgghh!  >:( Then I need to rush...

"Early to bed and early to rise
Makes a man healthy, wealthy, and wise."
-Benjamin Franklin (I think)

Too bad I don't always follow the early to bed part.  :P

Sofia

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2005, 12:08:33 am »
The reason you all have problems in the morning is obviously because you sleep in too late.  ::)  If you went to bed really late or have been really tired lately, I can understand sleeping in until seven or even a little after, but later than that...  The morning is already off to a bad start.

I usually get up around 5:00, say my prayers, eat breakfast, feed our dogs and my cat, and play with them a little.  I don't do much until between 6:15 and 7:00, when I take a shower.  Mornings are nice that way.  :)

What is horrible is forgetting to set the alarm and waking at 6:30!  Arrrgghh!  >:( Then I need to rush...

"Early to bed and early to rise
Makes a man healthy, wealthy, and wise."
-Benjamin Franklin (I think)

Too bad I don't always follow the early to bed part.  :P

Sofia

I beg to differ.  When I used to do horse stalls I'd wake up at 4 AM every day.  After about 3 weeks of this I'd wake up before the alarm.  I was still miserable.  I'd wake up on days that I COULD sleep in late and toss and turn trying to sleep my extra five hours.  And this was with me going to bed at 9. 

Some people are morning people.  Some are not.  I'm most definetly part of the latter.   
BPO's Official Mistress of Mirth

Charter Member of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club

"And you will know us by the trail of skank."

Offline Moni

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2005, 01:00:07 am »
http://www.apa.org/monitor/dec98/gene.html

I've suspected it for years!  ;D

I always wanted society to go 24hrs.  Its just not fair for us natural night owls to have to conform to the other half.  ;)

BPO does not have my permission to use my photos.

MommyOfSchnauzers

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2005, 01:12:20 am »
http://www.apa.org/monitor/dec98/gene.html

I've suspected it for years!  ;D

I always wanted society to go 24hrs.  Its just not fair for us natural night owls to have to conform to the other half.  ;)

I couldn't agree with you more.  My mom was a night owl, often working 3rd shift.  And I can remember even as a small child HATING to go to bed at a "decent hour" because I could NEVER fall asleep.  It's just the way I've always been.

Offline Good Hope

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2005, 07:24:24 am »
Really, now?  It is possible I guess that some people are like that.  ???  Saying it is genetic seems a little farfetched, however, because I am quite sure that I could stay up late and learn to sleep in.  Why doesn't that always run in families?  But it doesn't really matter.  :)

However, those of you who are night owls probably admire certain aspects of Caius Petronius' life.   ;D  Am I wrong?  If you are asking who he was,  :-X.  Read The Annals, and have fun!  :P

Sofia

Offline Moni

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2005, 01:40:25 pm »
I couldn't agree with you more.  My mom was a night owl, often working 3rd shift.  And I can remember even as a small child HATING to go to bed at a "decent hour" because I could NEVER fall asleep.  It's just the way I've always been.

Yep, same here.  I've always been unable to fall asleep until late if at all.  My mom was also a night owl, as was her father and my poor daughter is the same as well.  So I definitely see it being passed down through our family.  With Tori being only 8yrs old, she still has to conform to "school hours" so I definitely feel for her. 
BPO does not have my permission to use my photos.

Blair

« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2005, 01:47:52 pm »
Ever since my husband started the night shift I just cant sleep at night. Its sad that I am going to admit this, but I cant sleep with out him LOL So i stay up late at night bugging my night owl friends LOL

Offline GDBurrito

• Gnawer
  • " Life is Better with Animals"
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2005, 02:52:36 pm »
Dont worry I know exactly what yall are talking about... Mornings dont start for me until like 930 at best.. but since i guess i dont have a job or school yet i have nothin else to do but sleep!!