Author Topic: Samson isn't feeling well : (  (Read 9709 times)

GYPSY JAZMINE

Samson isn't feeling well : (
« on: May 04, 2005, 06:15:54 am »
Samson had some semi formed stools yesterday & didn't eat...Last night
I slept on the family room floor with him & he seemed to sleep o.k.
except for this early a.m. he was restless so I took him out & he had
some diarreah...It was yellow & very odorous...Also, there was a piece
of something in it I could not identify though it may very well have
been a piece of foam from my slipper he ate earlier this week....But, I
am not sure...The day before yesterday I gave him some leftover beef &
gravy on his evening meal...Any input here on what to do?...Ty!

Offline coonie1970

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
Re: Samson isn't feeling well : (
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2005, 06:49:18 am »
Hi. i said earlier that the only thing that gives Judge the runs is cat food and some dog food BUT when I read that you gave your Samson gravy I remember Judge getting an upset tummy once when he had some gravy. Im no vet but it could be that.Judge hasnt been acting normal the last couple of days eather. I was told that it is because there are so many bitches in heat. ??? He wants to go find a girlfriend I guess??
Karen
Karen :) Image hosting by Photobucket

Jen

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2005, 09:12:21 am »
My Sasha has been through the ringer lately with loose bowels and throwing up, well it turns out it was worms.  Simple test at the vet and some medicine cleared her right up.   Good luck, please keep us posted. He is such a baby ( 9 months right?) I would be very careful before you give him anything to treat the symptyms please call your vet first!!!  If you overdose on Imodium it cause cause more loose bowels instead of less.  Please call the vet before you do anything.

Offline bigeddythesaint

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2005, 10:13:00 am »
Our saint Eddy ate (yes I said ate) entire toys before.  One in particular was a yellow rubber ball which made him very sick.  He did end up getting it through his system, but he was pretty uncomfortable.  I would lean towards the slipper making him sick and not the food.  I don't know what gets into them that they feel they have to eat things like toys and slippers.  They can't taste very good!!!!

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2005, 10:31:20 am »
I am sorry to hear that he isnt feeling well, is his belly usually sensetive if you give him a little treat from your plate?? I would lean towards the sllipper too. And if he seems to not be getting any better, I would take him to the vet. You cant be sure everything he ate (slipper) is out. My Bullmastiff Hercules did eat a nipple from a baby bottle when he was little, he started off having very loose stool, and was throwing up, then it went over to, not much coming out, and when he puked it was only stomach acid. We took him to the vet, and they x-rayed and found the nipple, he was on iv-fluids for about 36 hours while they observed him, then he passed the nipple himself.

Needless to say, my daughter was taken off the bottle real quick after that lol....

But sometimes our big guys end up eating things that they can  not pass themselves, so rather than wait too long, I would take him to the vet, if you see it is not getting any better.

Please let us know how he is doing, and good luck and give him slobbers from me

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2005, 09:49:56 pm »
Samson's fine...He's good...He sends his love! (LOL!...Anyone ever seen that Rossanne episode?)  :D  ...It turned out the piece of a slipper was infact a piece of pork twist he had last night...I put him on a bland diet today (boiled ground beef & rice) & he gobbled it up at 3 different feedings today & hasn't had any loose stools since this morning...Infa ct he hasn't pooped at all....I hope this is a good sign...I am hoping he will be "Captain Poop America" (what I call him when he poos...lol..He loves it!) before we hit the sheets tonight!...TY all for your replies! :-*

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2005, 09:32:16 am »
Darnit!!!!...He had a decent stool early this morning...Just a bit softer than I like to see with just a little loose at the end & diarreah again just now...GGGRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRR!!!!...I think he is going to have to come off of his new food...I bought a backup bag of Iams Large Breed Puppy so I am going back to that for now until I decide what to try next...I am pretty sure it will be Canidae...Anyo ne want about 30 lbs. of Premium Edge?...lol!