Author Topic: My proudest dog-mom day  (Read 2850 times)

Offline cincbcat

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
My proudest dog-mom day
« on: November 12, 2005, 09:48:04 am »
There is a 2-acre off leash dog park here in Cincy, and I've been dying to take Sadie while it's still warm out.  So I convinced hubby to go with me yesterday, and it was the greatest time we've both had with Sadie since we got her.  At first, I was leary to let her off the leash, just because I worried that she'd run off (even though it's completely fenced in) and never come back to us!!  Everyone at the park kept telling us to just let her off so she could play with the others and roam free, so after about half an hour, we did.  She did so well, I am still in shock.  She exceeded any expectations I had of her by far.  Of course, I followed her around like a puppy for a while, but then we just had fun playing with the other dogs, watching her out of the corner of our eyes.  She played and romped and rolled in the only muddy area there and got totally filthy, but by the time we left, she was white again, go figure!!  I just had to share, it almost brings a tear to my eye, after all of the struggling we've gone through over the last few months with her behavior, I finally saw a glimpse of what she will become. 
And the best part of all, she was as pooped as a toddler would have been in a romper room when we got home!!! LOL
Thanks for listening guys :-)
Rachel

Kiahpyr

Re: My proudest dog-mom day
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2005, 09:52:00 am »
Rachel that is great! Go Sadie! I take Kiah doggy playgroup once a week. She loves it! Last week was different for some reason they chose her to be picked on. I felt so bad for. When we got home I gave her lots of lovin then she was out like a light. They're so sweet when they sleep.  :)

Offline 2dobies

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2005, 10:00:09 am »
You are lucky, indeed! 1) Lucky to have such a well-behaved dog that you can enjoy, and 2) that you have a dog park!  I have to drive 30 miles to the closest dog park, and the last time I took Dar there was before her recall was as good as it is now, so I played "catch me if you can" for quite a while before I finally baited her with part of a Big Mac to get her to come.  SHE, however, had a ball!  Not too many dogs there, and it had a very nice creek running through it. a small hill and a little wooded area besides the big open field, and totally fenced in.  I really need to take her back there and try it again, because I'm sure she would come back with much less hassle this time.  Glad that your experience was such a good one! :) You have a great dog!
DOGS LAUGH, BUT THEY LAUGH WITH THEIR TAILS.

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2005, 10:25:03 am »
Congratulation s!!!  Isn't great, after all the work, to finally see results!!!  FANTASTIC news!!  YIPPPEEEE!! ;D

Offline amberdoggoneit

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2005, 11:10:20 am »
I wish that we had a dogpark down here :'( I know some of mine would absolutly love it.  I am so glad that your baby enjoyed herself. CONGRATS!!!
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker" border="0
Bell 3 1/2 yr old Weimeraner
Baxter 3 yr old English Springer Spaniel
Buble 10 month old English Springer Spaniel

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2005, 11:45:46 am »
Sounds like you guys had a great day! I hope you get to go to the doggy park again soon :)
RIP former BPO