Author Topic: my Roxy-gone a couple years now~  (Read 3833 times)

Offline hugo~monster

• Big Paw Certified
  • Giants- companion-protector-inspiration-friend
    • View Profile
my Roxy-gone a couple years now~
« on: November 05, 2005, 12:15:42 am »
i thought i would post a couple of pics of my roxy, rott/shep mix who died a couple years ago due to lymphoma.  we had her for 12 years and was so saddened to see her go.  she was a beloved sweet girl!
~SHELLIE & HUGO~

Offline hugo~monster

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
Re: my Roxy-gone a couple years now~
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2005, 12:17:20 am »
one more...
~SHELLIE & HUGO~

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2005, 09:27:26 am »
I like Roxy's smile, I bet it is still with you daily.  You can see in the photo she was a very happy girl.
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2005, 10:24:41 pm »
Roxy looks like a girl who was well loved and happy!  She's at the Bridge with my heart dogs, Otis and Lucille.  I hope they are all having a wonderful romp as they wait for us!!! ;D

Offline hugo~monster

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2005, 11:44:35 pm »
she did smile alot!  she was a great dog!  would follow my husband step for step while he was mowing the lawn.  it was so cute.  every week back and forth back and forth, like she was helping-or guarding him from the mower :)  its is nice to think of her playing with other doggies.  she had not been diagnosed when i brought hugo home and at that time she did feel pretty good.  so they would play and play.  she did get winded easily-that should have been a sign, but hindsight's 20/20 now.  at the time we just thought he was too rambuncious for her old bones to play so hard.  they did enjoy each other.  would be awesome to still have her a little younger where they could enjoy each other.  she is missed! 

by the way i love the name balu!
~SHELLIE & HUGO~

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2005, 11:57:39 pm »
I was just talking to my hubby about how much I love my fur-babies.  He got this really sad look on his face and said you know they will only be with us a short time (10/12 years), are you going to be ok with that.  He knows what a total mess I was when I lost Rosie.  I told him that I would re-live the pain of Rosie's loss a hundred time for just one more hour with her.  So as bad as the loss can be the gifts they give you each and every day is so great that it is worth any pain. 

A smile like your girl had is worth just about anything. You can just see her joy.

Lisa
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline hugo~monster

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2005, 12:14:55 am »
lisa, yes you are right.  i hear so many people say "when rover (spot, smokey, whatever the name) is gone i dont want anymore dogs".  they say it hurts to much when you lose them.  i always want a dog in my life!  and yes it hurts like heck when they leave us, but it is soooo worth the pain to have all the joy they have brought!  they are worth every ounce of trouble!  while you can never replace the one you lost- there is only one of them, each dog offers us so many different things.  i always want to be open to the joy and happiness they bring me.  roxy was here and shared her life with us and while it was short, it WAS joy!  now she is gone but her spirit and what she gave to me remains!   
~SHELLIE & HUGO~