Author Topic: Bozak, My Athlete and Snuggle Bug  (Read 5246 times)

Nicole

Bozak, My Athlete and Snuggle Bug
« on: October 14, 2005, 01:16:12 am »
Ok. So here it is. My dedication to Bozak, the American Bulldog/Pitbull X that changed my life forever. He was the biggest pain in the rear end, and naughty til the end, but I will never love a dog in the same way that I loved that little stinker.

I've told the story of his untimely and cruel death before...I won't go into all the details again. In a nutshell, he was murdered by animal control for biting a woman that was beating him with a broom. *sigh* He was barely a year old, and finally able to be out of his crate without eating the couch and pooping it back out on the living room floor. (No kiddin' that dog did that once...and my daughter's bed, and my Kenneth Cole sunglasses, and my text books, and, and, and.....)

So, without further ado, Bozak. The best and worst little (big) dog in the West. Northwest. Northwest Indiana, that is.

Blair

Re: Bozak, My Athlete and Snuggle Bug
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2005, 01:18:25 am »
He was a very handsome boy....I am sorry to read what happened to him  :'( But he will always be in your heart and memories

Nicole

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2005, 01:22:38 am »
Thanks, Blair.

You know...the night he died, I found Lex. (My hernia kitty, remember?) and I SWEAR TO GOD that Lex is Bo reincarnated. I know that sounds absolutely stupid, but Lex is JUST LIKE Bo. He eats only dogfood, he will get right in Cabeza's dish to eat, even if Cabeza is eating, and he won't move even when Cabeza growls at him, he chases my landlady's son while he rides around on the golf cart...serious ly, he runs around with the dogs chasing the golf cart! hahahhaha! He's stupid just like Bo. Just goofy and stuff.

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2005, 01:27:20 am »
He looks like a great puppy!  I'm sorry about your loss. 

Blair

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2005, 01:28:46 am »
That is not stupid at all!!!!!! Bo sounded like a wonderful dog that you loved a lot and now oyu have your little kitty to help you remember him  :)

Nicole

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2005, 01:32:15 am »
Thanks, Lins. He was a super-duper dog. He slept with me every night, under the covers and on the pillow! hahahhaha! He loved to be snuggled. (He had no hair, I guess that's why!)

Its been a year now. Almost a year exactly, actually. So, I'm finally able to look at pictures and stuff. I haven't really looked at those pics in a lOOOOOOOOOOOOO ONG time. I had to dig them up. It was only a few months ago, I was at a party and my friend brought his dog. The dog kinda resembled Bo, and I had to leave cuz I started crying like a dork. hahahhaa! But, I'm OK now, so that's why I decided to share my little stud-muffin with everyone!

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2005, 01:38:16 am »
it's part of the recovery.   
It's easy to miss the nighty night snuggles like that.  So sweet.
I know what you mean.  I know how that feels. 

I have a picture of Missy in the living room I sorta "talk" to and blow kisses at.   It's nuts.

Nicole

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2005, 01:54:48 am »
That's a good idea, Lins. I think I'll put a picture of Bo on the wall so I can talk to him, too.

It ain't nuts. Its love! hahahhaha!

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2005, 01:58:07 am »
When she died I had her paw print made.  It's in the living room and once in a while when I walk by it I rub it with my hand and put a kiss on it too. 

They just get into your heart so much you want them with you some how always. 

Nicole

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2005, 02:04:23 am »
AW! Now I'm sad that I didn't get to have Bo's paw print made!  :'( What a great idea! Well, at least I know about that now and well...you know...in the future....

You're right. You just want to keep them forever! That's why I feel so lucky to have found Lex. Cuz he reminds me so much of Bo. He sleeps under the covers and on the pillow, too. Seriously! He "spoons"! He's the coolest cat ever, and if anyone challenges me on that, I'll win! hahahha! He even comes when I whistle.

Offline cuttles/sadieMay

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2005, 11:11:16 am »
This is a great post !
Reading it gave me some hope that Im not CRAZY! I just lost my Sadie on Monday Nov 14/05 and I feel like Im losing my mind with greef! But reading your post has made me feel so relieved ! And your Cat sounds wonderful and Crazy just like Bo was. I truly think our fur babies know exactly what we need to feel better and maybe he knew you needed your new kitty to make you feel better!
Thank you for making me smile :)
cuttles

Nicole

« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2005, 11:40:37 am »
Of course you're not crazy! There is nothing like the impression and connection that a fuzzy critter leaves on you. In your mind, your heart, your home...everyth ing! Just this weekend, I pulled out the winter sweaters...its gettin' cold here in Indiana! And my daughter was like, "Oh my god, mom! Its all full of Bo hair!" We both got a little choked up, but the memory made us smile and laugh at all of his white hair weaved into our black couch! hahahaha!

So, don't worry. Someday in the future, you will be able to remember Miss Sadie May and laugh at the stupid goofy things that she did, and it won't bring you to tears. But, until then, you can cry your eyes out! I'll understand! We all (at BPO) will!

If you need to talk or anything, just have at it! PM me or post here.

Hehehehe! And thanks for appreciating my cat. He's awful special.