Hounds > Wolfhound Discussions & Pictures

He can swim!!!!

(1/2) > >>

mamadog:
Holy scare me to death!!!
I went to bring luch to my husband this afternoon and I had Finn come along too (he still needs a lot of socialization and he's not ready to be home alone for too long)  So we left the job site and went to a park down the street that is right on a river. The river is quite high this time of year with fast currents.  Finn does great off leash, he won't leave my side. So I let go of his leash and we went on a run. Well, I was running, he was just sorta galloping!  My husband takes him walking down by the river to see what he thinks of the water cause he's never been around it before. Finn gets 2 feet from the river and just jumps in!!! No testing the water with a paw, no sniffing....ju st a full jump right in. I was at the top of the hill and when I saw Finn in the river I went running! My husband was in shock and neither of knew if he could even swim. But as soon as my husband called his name he swam over to the shore and climbed right out, and was a very happy boy! And with the currents in the river he must be a very strong swimmer.
I had just told my husband I was going to ask the IW people in here if they are good swimmers...I know some dogs can't. But I guess I found out, the scary way!

Vicki  and Super Finn!

Jaimie:
Glad to hear that your pooch can swim, what an ordeal that would have been if he couldn't.  My Dobe LOVES to swim.

jabear:
Fantastic news! It would've been one heck of a mess if you had to jump in and get him.  ;D

mamadog:
Oh no... my husband would have had to jump in. I don't swim very well on my own, much less dragging a 80 lb dog!  But now I know he could save me if I needed it!!

Vicki

nickerbokker:
thank goodness everyone is okay!

LOL, this reminds me of my dummy cody.....i went over to a girlfriends house last summer and brought cody with me to play with her two goldens, and she has a HUGE pool and i didn't' even think anything of it so we were walking aorund and cody was running around smelling everything and me and lisa were just chatting....sh e started to turn around for some reason and i heard her shout and at the same time i heard a splash.....cod y was trying to drink the pool water, and flat out fell into the pool, so we both ran over to it, and my big guy was half under water (what a water dog huh), so we both had our arms in trying to pull him to the steps and i was 2 seconds from jumping in to get him when he starting to swim properly and we went over to the stairs and called him and he swam right up to us.....the darn dog was SOOO glad to be out of the pool, and i was SOOOO glad he was okay and didn't hurt himself during any part of that whole mess.  he didn't go near the pool again!

i totally know what you felt when you saw the furball jump into the water, your heart just stops!  but all is well, and that is now a GREAT story to laugh at right??!?!?!??!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version