Author Topic: Hot Seat #4 is.....Newflvr (Mari)!  (Read 17270 times)

Offline Bear

• Paw-meister
  • The Bear Cub
    • View Profile
Hot Seat #4 is.....Newflvr (Mari)!
« on: November 14, 2005, 12:06:08 am »
I drew names and you were the lucky winner  ;)

Here are the rules, in case anyone has forgotten:  Ask as many questions as you want and the person in the hotseat will answer them individually, using the Reply with Quote link.  Just to keep everything straight and not type forever and miss new posts.  The person on the hot seat gets to pick the next person anytime after 10 on Sunday night.

I'll start! Please answer the following:

1. How old are you?
2. How much money do you make?

Hahah! Just kidding! Seriously though, Is there anything that you wouldn't  do for Cowboy and Chester?

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
Re: Hot Seat #4 is.....Newflvr (Mari)!
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2005, 12:20:36 am »
I drew names and you were the lucky winner  ;)

Here are the rules, in case anyone has forgotten:  Ask as many questions as you want and the person in the hotseat will answer them individually, using the Reply with Quote link.  Just to keep everything straight and not type forever and miss new posts.  The person on the hot seat gets to pick the next person anytime after 10 on Sunday night.

I'll start! Please answer the following:

1. How old are you?
2. How much money do you make?

Hahah! Just kidding! Seriously though, Is there anything that you wouldn't  do for Cowboy and Chester?

Hmmm.  And I was SO nice to you in not asking probing questions!!!

Okay to the first two questions:  1) too old and 2) nothing!! I'm a housewife!!! ;D ;D

There's nothing I wouldn't do for Cowboy and Chester.  They are as much a part of my family as my children, and as I tell the children often, I know where the dogs sleep on Friday and Saturday nights!!!  :o

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2005, 12:31:25 am »
Where did you grow up?

Ever meet anyone famous?

Any bad habits we should know about?  Or not know about?   ;D

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2005, 12:52:57 am »
Where did you grow up?

Ever meet anyone famous?

Any bad habits we should know about?  Or not know about?   ;D
I grew up in Southern Calif....El Segundo and Long Beach.
Yes, I've met quite a few famous people  ;D

Bad habits:  too many to number!!!  but I have a HORRIBLE sweet tooth!  BPO!  Addicted to my dogs and garden...but at least my dogs look good!  I really try hard NOT to interfere in my adult kids lives...but sometimes I just can't help my self!!! 

....and those are only the ones you can know about!!!

GR8DAME

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2005, 01:00:13 am »
Fiest may I say that I love your dogs, and I greatly admire your positive attitude and all the devotion, care and hard work that has been given to Cowboy with his medical issues. That said, I was curious, do you have a medical background?
Stella

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2005, 09:30:25 am »
If you could turn back time...how far back would you go? and what would you do differently? and how?

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2005, 10:16:44 am »
do you have a medical background?

heheheh!  Nope!  The Newfs have taught me all I know about severe medical issues!  I wish it wasn't true, but sadly, we've just had bad luck.   Also, out of my four children, three were diagnosed with chemical depression (obviously an inherited gene) so I've been through the wringer a bit with drugs and treatments.  Thankfully, they are all fine now!!!

And thanks for the kind words!

What attracted you to Newfs?

My husband and I have always had dogs who the whole family adored, but after having an Akita who was the most frightening dog I've ever had (would attack with NO warning....but wonderful with the family), I wanted the calmest, gentlest, sweetest dog I could find.  After talking with several vets, reading books and then Newf owners, we found our dream dogs! ;D

If you could turn back time...how far back would you go? and what would you do differently? and how?

Tough question!!!  Maybe do a "do-over"!  I'd have far more confidence in my ability to deal with tough situations and wouldn't have been as controlled by dysfunctional people.  I wouldn't have worried so much about my kids...and again, I guess I would have had to learn to trust my instincts that things were fine.  Oh, and I would have had a Newf from the VERY beginning!!  I've been incredibly fortunate in marrying my husband...who would have thought I could be so smart at 24?? and his confidence in me has been one of the main reasons for my growing up to be a person I'm pretty happy with.  So I wouldn't change him!!

Icerotti

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2005, 10:18:29 am »
What do you consider to be one of your great accomplishment s in life?

What other type of dog would you own- if you couldn't have a Newf?

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2005, 10:59:01 am »
What do you consider to be one of your great accomplishment s in life?

All of my kids, of course.  Two are out of school and self-supporting (yippee!!!) and the third graduates from college in May.  I've been lucky that my three oldest came with a full "tool box".  They are bright, talented and motivated.  I'm most proud of the youngest, though.  His "tool box" is incomplete.  He has pretty substantial learning difficulties and in a family where everybody 'gets it', he's had such a tough time keeping up.  But he graduated from a learning disabled high school and is now IN COLLEGE!!!  He's actually, fingers firmly crossed here, doing fine!  With him, we've learned to take it day-by-day so at least at this moment he's great!  His older siblings have been so wonderful with him and have been SO supportive.  I'm truly lucky!!

And the fact that Cowboy is still alive and doing well is huge!!!  He went hiking with Chester and I yesterday for two hours and he kept right up!  He's doing great!!

What other type of dog would you own- if you couldn't have a Newf?
I'd love to have an Irish Wolfhound or an a Scottish Deerhound and maybe a soft-coated Wheaten terrier.

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2005, 11:15:29 am »
So...how did you know your husband was "The One" and how did he propose?

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2005, 11:18:57 am »
If you had to choose would you rather:

1) Have a great kiss or cuddle all night long

2) Go see a movie or read a great book

3) Clean up doggy doo or doggy vomit

4) Clean slime off of the walls or clean the bathrooms

5) Carry a drool rag around or carry a small dog in your purse

6) Drink Coke or Pepsi

7) Eat chocolate or ice cream

8) Have 10 kids or 10 dogs

9) Live on the beach or in the snow

10) Have an annoying song stuck in your head all day long or sit by an annoying person on a plane
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2005, 11:24:20 am »
So...how did you know your husband was "The One" and how did he propose?

I wish it was a romantic story....but it's not.  He's the least conventionally romantic person I know.  He was just the best person to talk to...he actually listened and asked questions. It was never 'all about him'.  I had dated a lot and he was the only man who was like that!  And that's still the best part of our relationship.. .I was lucky enough to marry my best friend!

I've told my sons that the sexiest thing a man can do to a woman is listen.  (probably the hardest too ::)

We lived together for three months....shoc king at that time!! (that was my limit..it was either going to work after three months or it wasn't)  He came home from work one evening and handed me a box with a diamond engagement ring and said, "do you want it?"  I had to question him to make sure it was actually an engagement ring and that was 30 years ago.

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2005, 11:26:21 am »
Hahahaha Mari! That is one of the cutest engagement stories I have ever heard. I love it!
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2005, 11:50:42 am »
Wow, Jaime...that a lot of questions!!! (Sunday night IS coming, however ::))

1) Have a great kiss or cuddle all night long.....easy, at this point in life, I love a good cuddle!

2) Go see a movie or read a great bookI always prefer reading!!!  More detail!!

3) Clean up doggy doo or doggy vomitIck....but I guess it would be vomit!!

4) Clean slime off of the walls or clean the bathroomsSlime?  what slime?  There's no slime!!!

5) Carry a drool rag around or carry a small dog in your purse...are you kidding???

6) Drink Coke or Pepsi... I don't care too much, but I guess I like Pepsi best.

7) Eat chocolate or ice cream....Chocolate AND ice cream!!!

Cool Have 10 kids or 10 dogs...Depends on the kids and the dogs!!!  How do you think I got so much grey hair?

9) Live on the beach or in the snow....I think I'd like to try the snow ;D!

10) Have an annoying song stuck in your head all day long or sit by an annoying person on a planegive me the song any day!

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2005, 11:56:25 am »
What is on your list of "must do's" in life?