Author Topic: Hot Seat #4 is.....Newflvr (Mari)!  (Read 17267 times)

Offline MustLove Dogs

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Re: Hot Seat #4 is.....Newflvr (Mari)!
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2005, 01:32:57 pm »
Do you have a role model?

When you were younger, what did you want to be when you grew up?

What's your fav book and movie??
"The more boys I meet the more I like dogs"

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion"

I'm blonde... whats your exc

Icerotti

« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2005, 01:35:01 pm »
Do you have brothers and sisters?

What do you think you will be doing in 10 years?

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2005, 02:03:41 pm »
See Mari,
This is so much fun! You are getting such good questions to answer.  ;D Here's one more. If we asked Cowboy & Chester about you, what would they say about their mom?
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

dohertyswissy

« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2005, 06:05:44 pm »
WHEW!!!  I thought for sure after giving Bear so much h*ll from the last Hot Seat that I'd be Hot Seat #4.   That was a close one!

1.)  Do you believe everything happens for a reason or do you have any regrets?

2.)  What's a quirk that if someone didn't adore you, would probably make them crazy?  (I think I have several ;) )

3.)  If you could only pick one - Beach or Mountains?

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2005, 11:44:09 am »
what's your favorite cliche?

what's your least favorite cliche?

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2005, 11:50:46 am »
OK, now for the hard questions...

Okay....back to it...this is HARD work! ;D

Do you fold or crinkle your toilet paper? Kind of a combination fold 'n crush!!

Do you leave the water running while you brush your teeth?  I try not to...but sometimes I'm just bad!!! ::)

Paper or plastic?  Plastic!!!  We ALWAYS need poo-bags!!!

George Clooney or Brad Pitt?  If I hafta, hafta hafta???  They are both too pretty, but I guess, if I hafta,  George Clooney.... :P

Is your belly button an innie or an outie innie

Can you say the Greek alphabet three times before a match burns down? When I was in college, I could but that was when the dinosaurs roamed....so, sadly, no! ;D

What is your favorite word?  I seem to make up words to fit a situation and right now it's pedaddle, as in 'quit pedaddling around and let's go'  It  seems to fit many situations...
I have some great swear words, but this is not the venue  :o :o!

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2005, 12:25:00 pm »
Do you have a role model?  I've had different ones for different times in my life.  Okay, don't laugh, when I was VERY young, it was Madame Curie (did much of the work on the use of radium),  then it was my older sister (she is still a huge influence!) and then it was a funny woman who lived across the street from a friend who lived in Scotland...Lad y Lavender ;D!  A very funny eccentric old thing.  And now it's a woman who lived across the street from me.   She just died late this summer, but she was always up-beat, positive and involved!  I loved her!!

When you were younger, what did you want to be when you grew up?  During the Madame Curie years, I would love to have been a chemist...but,unfortunately,  I had no talent! ;D  Later it was a psychologist and then finally ended up with a degree in business.

What's your fav book and movie??  It's just too hard to only pick one book!!   All of Jane Austen's,  and OHHH!  yeah, The Once and Future King by T.H. White (the Camelot legend) is an all time favorite!
Movies, following a theme, the BBC version of Pride and  Prejudice  with Colin Firth....can he be on my list?? ;D
« Last Edit: November 16, 2005, 12:25:41 pm by newflvr »

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2005, 12:28:47 pm »
Do you have brothers and sisters?  Yes, I have a half sister who is 9 years older than I am.  She basically raised me and has been a huge influence in my life.  We are very close.

What do you think you will be doing in 10 years? hehehe....ya mean if I'm still alive?  Hopefully still traveling occasionally, reading, digging in the garden and loving grands and Newfies!!!

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2005, 12:30:46 pm »
This is so much fun! You are getting such good questions to answer.  Grin Here's one more. If we asked Cowboy & Chester about you, what would they say about their mom?

"She's nuts!! Absolutely NUTS, but we know she loves us!!"
« Last Edit: November 16, 2005, 12:37:30 pm by newflvr »

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 16, 2005, 12:36:52 pm »
1.)  Do you believe everything happens for a reason /color  Yes.  That's a huge lesson I've had to learn!  Quit stressing and relax....'because everything happens for a reason'or do you have any regrets?  Yes, of course I have a few regrets, but in the over-all scheme of things, I did the best I could with the information I had at the time.  Regretting too much is such a waste of time!  Can't do diddly-squat about it! ;D

2.)  What's a quirk that if someone didn't adore you, would probably make them crazy?  I think I have several Wink )  OHHHH  HOOO!!!  Me too!!!  The worst is that I love to sing and can't carry a tune in a bucket!!  Even when my kids were babes in arms when I'd sing them lullabys they'd ALL put their little wee hands up to cover my mouth!!! ;D 

3.)  If you could only pick one - Beach or Mountains?  Since I've lived in Southern Calif. near the beach my whole life, I'd love to try the moutains!
« Last Edit: November 16, 2005, 12:41:27 pm by newflvr »

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 16, 2005, 08:13:47 pm »
what's your favorite cliche?  What goes around comes around.

what's your least favorite cliche? I'm not getting any younger (DUH!!)

Offline hugo~monster

• Big Paw Certified
  • Giants- companion-protector-inspiration-friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 16, 2005, 10:15:46 pm »
these are some awesome questions you all are asking Newflvr!  had a ball reading the replies!

1) Window seat or aisle (on a plane)?

2) ever bungee jumped?  would you?

3) have you went to any highschool reunions? if so are you glad you did?  if not, wish you had of gone?

4) what kind of car do you drive?

5) night owl or morning person?

6) favorite all time sit com and why?

~SHELLIE & HUGO~

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 17, 2005, 12:59:56 am »
1) Window seat or aisle (on a plane)?  Window seat! 

2) ever bungee jumped?  would you?Nope.  There was a time in my life I certainly would have....but now I am sane! ;D!

3) have you went to any highschool reunions?   Yes.if so are you glad you did?  Yes.   I have some very good friends who came from the same sort of very strange and dysfunctional background that I did and we still get together at least once a year for our own reunion.  We've gone to reunions together, but wouldn't buy a ticket for the reunion, but did go for cocktails before  ;D ;D)  We all had a great dinner in a nearby restaurant!

4) what kind of car do you drive?  A sort of minivan/station wagon that will hold two adult Newf males.  A very special car that is protected by drool :D!
5) night owl or morning person? Let me rephrase the question for you and please don't be offended:  Are your dogs night owls or morning dogs?  Answer:  my dogs are morning dogs so we are usually up by 5:30 unless they decide to get up earlier.  UGH!!!

6) favorite all time sit com and why?  I find 'Curb your Enthusiasm ' (Larry David's show on HBO) absolutely hysterical...h orribly uncomfortable!!  but hysterical!
« Last Edit: November 17, 2005, 01:01:45 am by newflvr »

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #43 on: November 17, 2005, 09:21:08 am »
what's your favorite cliche?

what's your least favorite cliche?
Pardon me!  You missed this one!  So I'll add one to it! 

If you won the big jackpot lottery...what would you do with all that money?

Offline The Brindle Pack

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 17, 2005, 10:38:46 am »

Although I have many pet peeves the insanity one is a biggie.....I just don't have the patience (it's a character defect of mine).

OK-- having read your replies I get the impression that stepping back and allowing the chips to fall where they might for your children is somewhat difficult for you.  Here are my questions....

Have you ever interfered in allowing them to make their own decision (put your foot down so to speak)?  If so what was the outcome?  Please share as least one example where you couldn't say, "I told you so".

In life either you can go along willingly or fighting and screaming....w hat have you fought against?

And lastly -- free will or divine intervention?