Author Topic: chewer series  (Read 3893 times)

Offline slickerk

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
chewer series
« on: November 15, 2005, 05:41:12 pm »
Speaking of chewing Lins... This is my furniture! I don't know how you guys deter these turds from this. It isn't like Fel doesn't have toys lying all over the house. I saved the best for last too! This proves that everything gets better with age, even furniture (that was my grandmothers antique chair). The reason it looks all red is because after the bitter spray failed, the hubby soaked it down with hot sauce. All four of the legs look like that. I am gonna sit down in it one of these days and its just gonna collapse on me!

lins_saving_grace

Re: chewer series
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2005, 05:48:31 pm »
Oh Felony!  Honey! ??  Stop that, booger.
Lady and Grace had some chewing issues.   We tried sour apple and they loved it.  Tobassco sause and everything. 
Lady was easy to make stop her chewing on furniture...Gr ace had a harder time...but learned.  My husband can be quite scarey and loud when he needs to be. 
So we don't chew much anymore. I'm sure she'll grow out of it...she just will need a more firm deterant.

Offline MustLove Dogs

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2005, 05:57:34 pm »
Oooo, not good... we're trying to teach Cooper not to bite either... he likes biting us more than the furniture  :-\
"The more boys I meet the more I like dogs"

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion"

I'm blonde... whats your exc

Offline hugo~monster

• Big Paw Certified
  • Giants- companion-protector-inspiration-friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2005, 06:05:55 pm »
eeek!!!  knock on wood hugo hasnt been that bad of a chewer.  he did manage to nibble the heel off a pair of birkenstocks i had and also the tabs on the heels of hubby's sneakers, all as a puppy.  once or twice he has tried to nibble on the peddle of a stationary bike i have here in the computer room.  but i too have a booming powerful voice when it comes to hugo and manners.  mostly all it takes now is for me to give a loud, almost growling "AAAAAAACKKKTTT" sound.  then in a low voice just say "YOU KNOW BETTER THAN THAT" and give him "the look", or the "evil eye". 

here is one thing that works if you have a countersurfer.  set a few mousetraps where he is doing most of his surfing. once he jumps up its "SNAP SNAP SNAP".  the noise of a mousetrap is all it takes.  heck they even scare me when i am trying to set one and it goes off! lol.   
~SHELLIE & HUGO~

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2005, 06:41:44 pm »
Felony just has a fine taste in furniture, that's all! ;D

don't worry, my furniture looks like that, too - and I don't even have half the doors my house came with anymore because Oasis has chewed them up.
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline dgodden5459

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2005, 11:11:26 pm »
Gretchen is still chewing on everything too.. She gets cow knuckles to chew on and toys also but for some reason she likes the recliner handle. She even chew the mylar bones in half. Hopefully she will soon out grow this.
Deb

Gretchen the Rottie
Buttons the LLhasa
Macie who knows?

henrysmomma

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2005, 11:42:32 pm »
I used tobasco sauce, the chewing of furniture didn't last long after that. Although now my house has a faint smell of tobasco, it makes me hungry all the time.. :-[

Rose

Offline slickerk

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2005, 03:12:47 am »
Yeah,  Jacksmom, Felony has chewed shoes, including 2 sets of snowboots (to pieces).
jj - she hasn't gotten to the doors yet.
dgodden - Felony gets all kinds of bones. Raw marrow bones, big smoked bones, rawhide, those plastic things....
henrysmom - I am always hungry anyways, but that is already what is on there.

I am not complaining (ha ha ha), because I love her to death and I'll deal with whatever. I was just hoping that I was not the only one that had this issue with a 6 month old pup

Offline tonyc

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2005, 04:05:14 pm »
heh. this thread makes me wish i had a cat... NOT!

this pix is HILARIOUS cuz it looks like a chipmunk attacked it...

nikki also likes to chew.. er.. shred, paper into a gazillion pieces... it's just SO much fun for her...

Offline slickerk

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2005, 07:38:47 pm »
I don't mind the paper, the toilet paper, or the towels. It does look funny when you blow it up that big

Offline MustLove Dogs

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2005, 07:53:10 pm »
"I'll gnaw your leg off"  :D
"The more boys I meet the more I like dogs"

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion"

I'm blonde... whats your exc