Author Topic: Question about Bumps?  (Read 1867 times)

Offline Fumble

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Question about Bumps?
« on: November 16, 2005, 06:19:04 pm »
Hey guys,
Fumble has these red bumps on his tail, up around his bum. I have no idea what they are! They kind of seem scabby like, but he doesn't flinch or cry when they are touched. He also has not been itchy around the area so we're not too sure what it is and just thought we would post before going to the vet. If anyone has any suggestions I would really appreciate it! Thank you! :)
"My newfoundlands live my life as passionately as i live theirs"
"I slip the hater of what i've become.  they slip the halter of what they've been, and we live together, passionately, changed"
-Both from "in the company of newfies"

WE REPRESENT THE LOLLIPOP GUILD!!!

Offline Leah-n-boy-os

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
Re: Question about Bumps?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2005, 06:46:34 pm »
Sounds like the beginnings of Hot Spots. (I know, because we had to take Onyx to the Vet for them just yesterday, poor baby!)

Are they broke open and oozing yet? Is the skin kinda scaly? I know there's a couple of topical relief solutions, I'm hoping someone will come on here and suggest a few.
Leah and the Boy-os
Apollo (Akita/St. Bernard)
Zeus (Heinz 57)
Onyx (Newfoundland)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Being owned by Big Paws just indicates how big your heart is.

located - Gig Harbor, WA

Offline hugo~monster

• Big Paw Certified
  • Giants- companion-protector-inspiration-friend
    • View Profile
Re: Question about Bumps?
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2005, 07:40:30 pm »
do they look like little red pimple with a pinpoint of pus in them?  then once they are drying up turns into a spot where the skin starts to peel slightly?  hugo is allergic to salmon and tuna and this is what he does if he eats these foods.  it could be a food allergy, could be demodectic mange, could be flea bites, could be contact dermatitis.  you can spray some hydrocortizone on them or even try some listerine-full strength-which kills bacteria.  i have cured many a booboo by a few days spraying of the "harsh stuff".  it really does not burn the skin like it does the mouth.   
~SHELLIE & HUGO~