Author Topic: Missing my baby Sadie  (Read 7751 times)

Offline cuttles/sadieMay

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
Missing my baby Sadie
« on: November 17, 2005, 10:34:03 am »
Hi everyone!
Thought you might be interested in this story!
As you all know sadie was badly hurt Sunday night and I had to make the most horrible decision to have her put to rest.
It all started Sunday night when my husband and I went out, We were gone maybe 3 hours and when we left home Sadie and her best buddy Queenie were left in the house , but while we were gone I guess the door was not latched and the door was blown open by a strong wind that picked up! When we arrived home we found Sadie standing beside the house all soaking wet and not being able to walk. We had to carry her into the house. At this point we really were un sure about what happened to her we just assumed that she must have been hit by a car but It really baffled me that she would go on the highway and if she was hit by a vehicle why didnt she have some other signs of injury????
There was no skinned knees no fur missing , just a little nick on her chin!!! The cars and trucks on this highway usually dont drive any slower then about 90km/h??
To make a long story short!!!
My husband went to work monday night and his partner at work told him he was driving by our house Sunday night and saw three Moose right beside our garage!!! Moose are very protective this time of year as they have babies and they are mating and they have been known to beat any man or animal to death to protect themselves or their young!!
It makes more sense to me that Sadie would have gone to investigate a moose before she would have gone on the road!
Regardless of what happened to her the end result was still the same and she had a very badly broken hip and pelvis. Which was unrepairable without alot of painful surgeries with no guarantees of wether or not she would ever be able to live a happy healthy life!
It breaks my heart to think she may have ben hit by a car , but I know if she was out there tormenting a moose she was probably having a great old time!
I just hope she has found alot of new friends at the Rainbow Bridge!
Thank you for listening!
I miss her terribly :'(
cuttles/sadie may

Offline doglover

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Re: Missing my baby Sadie
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2005, 10:41:34 am »
I am so sorry for your lost.  :'( I know no words can really give you comfort right now so I am sending you a cyber hug and a prayer.
Jenn

Offline cuttles/sadieMay

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2005, 10:56:13 am »
Thank you!
I guess I kind of feel like its my fault that shes gone! Even if it was a big nasty moose that may have hurt her so badly!
I just wanted everyone to know that she was never left to wander around the highway without being watched ! Im sure I will get over this awful guilty feeling, I hope anyway! I know everything happens for a reason I just cant see the reason for this just yet????
I sound like a babbling idiot but it helps me feel better to vent on here so thank you again!
cuttles

Kiahpyr

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2005, 10:59:52 am »
I'm so sorry for your loss. It's not your fault. Sadie will always be with you.

Aggghgmom

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2005, 11:04:22 am »
Oh - I'm so very sorry for your loss.  What a heartbreaking experience.

Offline greek4

• Majestic Member
  • Kole with Maia, Baxter, Rocco, and Cody
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2005, 11:09:48 am »
It is not your fault.  She probably would have found another way out to protect her house from those Moose.
Thanks,

Emily and 1 husband, 1 boy, 1 on the way, and 4 crazy dogs

Offline lil_princess724

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2005, 11:16:27 am »
We send our prayers and thoughts. We are so sorry.
Cassandra
        Bailey's mom

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2005, 11:16:33 am »
I battle with the guilt over Rosie being bitten by a snake each and ever day. The if I had done this or if I had done that will make you crazy.  You loved her and gave her a good life, that is what matters.  Try to think about her life as a whole and not just the last day.   I kick myself again as I type this, but I do know that my girl knew if there was any way I could change it I would and that my love for her will never end.  Give your self a break if you can after all I am sure that Sadie is playing at the bridge.

Lisa

Thank you!
I guess I kind of feel like its my fault that shes gone! Even if it was a big nasty moose that may have hurt her so badly!
I just wanted everyone to know that she was never left to wander around the highway without being watched ! Im sure I will get over this awful guilty feeling, I hope anyway! I know everything happens for a reason I just cant see the reason for this just yet????
I sound like a babbling idiot but it helps me feel better to vent on here so thank you again!
cuttles
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline cuttles/sadieMay

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2005, 11:32:34 am »
THANK YOU!  :'( :'( :'( Im crying my eyes out but I really needed to hear that! THANKS
cuttles

Nicole

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2005, 11:45:28 am »
Aw! Emily is right! She was protecting her house and family from the moose! That is awesome!

And, you're right! She was probably enjoying every minute of it. You don't have to feel guilty or bad. You know, one of the things that has helped me through times like this is to remember the state slogan of...um, I think its New Hampshire. And its "Live free or die." I like to think that without the freedom for our dogs to be dogs and do what makes them happy, they might as well die. She was happy protecting you from that moose, and there's nothing you coulda done to stop her! She was lovin' it! Being a dog! She'd rather die than not be a dog...does that make sense? What happened to her wasn't your fault, and you made a very loving (albiet difficult!) decision to let her go on and get out of her busted up body and get a chance at a new one. She doesn't hate you for that!

Offline cuttles/sadieMay

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2005, 11:54:33 am »
WOW! You have no idea how much you have all helped me feel better today! :)  All your kind words and support and just knowing that some of you have gone through the same loss as I have is so comforting!
I cant thank you all enough! :)
cuttles

Nicole

« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2005, 11:58:55 am »
 :) :) :) :) :)

Offline okbe11e

• Gnawer
  • Hannah :o)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2005, 02:10:21 pm »
We had to make a decision in March about our dog before Hannah... don't feel guilty.  Know you made the right decision about not prolonging suffering when you know that the surgery and meds might have given you Sadie for a little longer, but not necessarily a happier Sadie.  Now she is playing and running with no pain up there in doggie heaven with my Wally (Springer st. bernard mix). By making the decision you did, shows how much you do love her, and were not selfish in your choice... I am not sure if you have seen this before, but cut and paste the link, i think you will really appreciate it......sendin g hugs and our thoughts from Hannah and my self 

http://www.indigo.org/rainbowbridge_ver2.html

Icerotti

« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2005, 02:32:07 pm »
Oh I am so sorry to hear about Sadie.  Do not blame yourself for what happened. It was an accident. Even though she was just here a short time, she will be in your heart forever.  You are in our thoughts and prayers.
Michelle

Offline cuttles/sadieMay

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2005, 08:24:22 pm »
Thank you for the link! I have read the poem before but that version of it is a little different, and a real tear jerker I might add! :'(
But it really gives you something to think about!
And hearing all your possitive words has made me feel so much better about it.
Thank you all very much
cuttles
We had to make a decision in March about our dog before Hannah... don't feel guilty.  Know you made the right decision about not prolonging suffering when you know that the surgery and meds might have given you Sadie for a little longer, but not necessarily a happier Sadie.  Now she is playing and running with no pain up there in doggie heaven with my Wally (Springer st. bernard mix). By making the decision you did, shows how much you do love her, and were not selfish in your choice... I am not sure if you have seen this before, but cut and paste the link, i think you will really appreciate it......sendin g hugs and our thoughts from Hannah and my self 

http://www.indigo.org/rainbowbridge_ver2.html