Author Topic: Ebay Junkie  (Read 3795 times)

Offline greek4

• Majestic Member
  • Kole with Maia, Baxter, Rocco, and Cody
    • View Profile
Ebay Junkie
« on: November 17, 2005, 02:47:42 pm »
I have declared myself an Ebay Junkie.  I can't get enough.  I buy so much stuff ranging from dog toys, tags and bones to collectible dolls.

Who else on here is an ebay junkie like me?
Thanks,

Emily and 1 husband, 1 boy, 1 on the way, and 4 crazy dogs

Offline doglover

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Re: Ebay Junkie
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2005, 03:01:47 pm »
I can not admit that I'm a juckie ::), but that is the other site i'm looking at right now. I'm just shopping while my kids nap.

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2005, 03:08:35 pm »
Hand waving wildly!!  ME!!! MEE!!!

I buy lots of art for my husband's business and for our house.  It's SOO much fun!!

Offline Senghe

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2005, 03:37:12 pm »
My secret is out *looks round furtively* who told you?

I have a serious problem and have amassed a large collection of shar-pei figurines. Today I got a cute little hand blow glass pei in bright yellow. Luckily you can't get much Tibetan Mastiff stuff but it doesn't stop me from looking. I'm waiting for the delivery of a well spotted and hotly contested figurine that I won of a TM sitting at the side of his traditionally dressed Tibetan owner.

Well, they say the first step to a cure is admitting that you have  problem.  ;D

Offline Tulsas' Dad

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2005, 03:51:06 pm »
My name is John.
And I am an E-Bayaholic.
I buy things that I don't need, but things that I want.
I really like to bid by increments.
It gives me a sense of power!
And when I win, well that's when the lustre dies.
I love to win, but, what am I going to do with an Antique Crouquet Set when I don't have a yard?
And my dog likes to chew on wooden things?
I am lost!
Please will somebody HELP me?
John

p.s.
This is TULSA speaking...
Leave him alone! I like to chew on stuff!
The scientific name for an animal that doesn't either run from or fight its enemies, is Lunch.--Michael Friedman

Offline Senghe

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2005, 04:02:08 pm »
I really like to bid by increments.
It gives me a sense of power!

I sometimes know I'm going to get outbid on stuff... I can just tell by some people's pattern of bidding. So just out of spite I put a higher bid in than I really want to pay. It gives me an enormous sense of smug satisfaction.

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2005, 01:00:16 am »
E-bay like all things I haven't tried scares the h*ll out of me!!!...How does it work? :-\

k2campbell

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2005, 01:34:14 am »
I LOVE Ebay!  Check out this post I started a while ago:

I bought one of these on Ebay for Kate, check out what the seller did when she posted another one up for auction.  Go to the link, scroll about a quarter of the way down the page, read the little blurp above Kate's picture:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7720984360&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fsearch.ebay.com%3A80%2Fsearch%2Fsearch.dll%3Fcgiurl%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fcgi.ebay.com%252Fws%252F%26fkr%3D1%26from%3DR8%26satitle%3D7720984360%26category0%3D%26fvi%3D1

I would HIGHLY recommend one of these dog cots to anyone, they come in all kinds of colors/sizes/etc.  The seller makes them, not from a pet supply manufacturer or anything.  It's funny, we didn't think Kate would like it until she was older, but the day we got it she was snoozing on it right away. 

REALLY good product for all our Big Paws!!!

Offline The Brindle Pack

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2005, 01:44:51 am »
I too am an eBay Junkie.  I've had account since 1998.  If you are ever looking for that hard to find item just look on eBay, they have EVERYTHING. 

As for bidding buyer beware if you are going to go up against me look out I'm a sniper.

Cindy

Offline cuttles/sadieMay

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2005, 01:55:31 am »
O.M.G I am also an Ebay Junky ::) and Coonie well she is even worse than me!!!x10  I just bought myself a nice NWT Columbia winter jacket and got a great deal! The thrill for me would have to be finding sellers who will ship to Canada!!  I love the feed back system I think that retail stores should have feedback, this way you know what you are in for before you even walk through the door!!!LOL I have 100% feedback and darn proud of it!! ;D LOL
cuttles

Offline cincbcat

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2005, 09:08:58 am »
I'm gonna throw my hat in and admit that I too am an e-bay junkie.  I sit at work for hours a day and surf through the largest garage sale known to man.  My husband and I not only buy, but we sell through ebay too.  He runs a little business out of our basement and ebay has become a source of "play" money for us.  He sells things, and I spend his money!!! LOL 
Rachel

Offline K9ldy00

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2005, 09:22:06 am »
I too am a Ebay junkie. I hardley ever go into a store to buy anything but groceries. Why pay retail. At work they call me the Ebay Queen. You can shop for anything. No crowds, no traffic and most of the time no taxes. I,ve gotten jewerley, clothes, bath and body stuff, dog stuff, furniture and the hubby got a truck. It's easy to find what your looking for once you get your searches figured out. Now what else can I shop for........ ::)
Dog Mom to
Dozer, Tealk,Zander,Zeva, Tesla

Offline my3dogs

• Leader of the Pack
  • Daisy - FEB 2006
    • View Profile
    • Blossoming Daisy
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2005, 10:24:09 am »
Count me too.   
I've gotten some great deals, only gotten burned once, and enjoy myself.
I do have an after midnight rule.   I don't start shopping after midnight.
I tend to end up with things that I never would have bid on if I hadn't been tired and caught up in the bidding. 
The bidding.......*sigh*.......gotta love the bidding.
The next day I'll find the "YOU'VE WON!" email and I break out in a sweat not remembering what I bid on the night before.     
So....no shopping after midnight for me......at least that's what I tell myself.   ;D

-Wendy
"As long as the world is turning and spinning, we're gonna be dizzy and we're gonna make mistakes." - Mel Brooks
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/164179

Offline hugo~monster

• Big Paw Certified
  • Giants- companion-protector-inspiration-friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2005, 05:07:51 pm »
"hello, my name is shellie, and i have a problem...".  BIG BIG BIG ebay addiction here.  maybe we could start a group E.A-ebay anonomous.  problem is i dont want to be cured!  i love ebay.  if i am at my computer you can bet money that i have at least one browser with ebay.  thing is i also sell on ebay too.  you can find anything on ebay!!! (and i usually do).   
~SHELLIE & HUGO~

Icerotti

« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2005, 08:12:10 pm »
I too do confess to being an ebayoholic!!!!
I do find that since I have discovered BPO I spend more time here ;D This is easier on the pocket book ;)