Author Topic: I wasn't quite sure where to post this...  (Read 2176 times)

Lyn

I wasn't quite sure where to post this...
« on: November 18, 2005, 11:38:58 am »
It is sort of a potty issue. So I figured I'd put it here.

We got a few inches of snow yesterday. And Bubba loves it!! It was hilarious watching him bulldoze his way through it.

But now instead of going potty he just wants to play/dig/eat the snow. But I stood out there walking him around for 45 minutes with not even so much as a squirt. So I brought him back inside. Only to have him at the door 10 minutes later and he's dribbling since he had to go so bad. So out we go again.. and the play resumes. It took me another 15 minutes to get him to stop playing and actually pee. Meanwhile he was just dribbling on my carpet. Even this morning when I know he has to pee like a racehorse. He's holding it. And were outside for an hour last night just to get him to go potty so we could go to bed.

I understand the snow is new to him.. but this is crazy. Just when I had his potty schedule down the snow throws it all off. LOL  Anyone elses Big paw doing this?

I swear Bubba loves to think up new and imaginative ways to drive me batty. Gotta love him. LOL

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
Re: I wasn't quite sure where to post this...
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2005, 04:55:02 pm »
Oh Bubba! How come you are giving your momma such a bad time?? I have never encountered this exact problem but Bear does take forever to potty. He won't just go outside and potty. Everything with him is an ordeal so we have to take a 10-15 minute walk just to get him to pee.  ::) Sometimes, he won't even poop unless he has walked for at last 30 minutes. Good luck and hang in there. He'll eventually learn that the snow is not going anywhere and that he can potty with it there.
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2005, 05:02:58 pm »
Zoey doesn't like to potty in the snow either, so we have to snow plow her her own potty area  ::)

She goes right away in the plowed potty area though
RIP former BPO

Icerotti

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2005, 08:14:15 pm »
We have not got enough snow yet. I don't know what Farley is going to do. But , he sure hates going potty in the rain. Just when I think we've got it in the potty department. We end up regressing...A GH ::)
« Last Edit: November 18, 2005, 08:20:36 pm by Icerotti »