Author Topic: Pyr Killed by Intruder  (Read 2557 times)

Offline PupDaddy

• Paw-meister
  • Earl
    • View Profile
Pyr Killed by Intruder
« on: November 17, 2005, 09:45:32 pm »
Family dog dies defending home from intruder

by Jordan Schrader, STAFF WRITER
Citizen-Time.com, Ashville NC
published November 5, 2005 6:00 am

FAIRVIEW — Kenya, a 2-year-old Great Pyrenees, died doing what she had been trained to do.

The dog was guarding her home on Fairview’s Twin Creeks Road on Wednesday morning when an intruder shot her and mutilated her with a “samurai sword,” according to the Buncombe County Sheriff’s Department. Eric Allan Davis, 20, of Marshall, was charged with breaking and entering and cruelty to animals.

Davis shot the dog about five times with a .25-caliber gun and stabbed and cut her several times with the sword, said Sheriff’s Detective Butch Hart. Hart said the dog was still alive when she was cut.

The dog’s owner, Jimmy Jacoby, said he did not know Davis, and he’s trying to understand what happened. Authorities had not determined a motive.

“I wish he could feel the pain that this family’s feeling right now,” Jacoby said.

The dog was gentle and playful with the family, he said, but also ready to defend them.

“If a stranger came in the yard, they were going to get bit, because that’s the type of dog I trained her to be.”

Davis kicked in a door to enter the house, officials said, and fled when a resident returned home. Deputies set up a perimeter, and Hart arrested the man not far away after spotting him hiding behind a construction backhoe — still holding the sword.

A report estimates the dog’s value at $500, but Jacoby would not put a price on a member of the family.

“There’s no price value worth my dog,” he said. “Something so valuable was taken from me that you can’t replace.”

« Last Edit: November 17, 2005, 09:47:59 pm by PupDaddy »

Offline PupDaddy

• Paw-meister
  • Earl
    • View Profile
Re: Pyr Killed by Intruder
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2005, 09:46:30 pm »
Call to action:
dana mayer
www.lacyloos.c om

Date: November 17, 2005 7:58:02 PM PST
Please help!!!! ...Please crosspost far and wide! And write or call!!!

ALL CONTACT INFO FOLLOWS THIS EMAIL:

I need the power of lots of people writing and calling to make sure justice gets done! And I need it fast! Please help me get this campaign off the ground before it is too late!

In my neighborhood here in peaceful Asheville, NC an man named Eric Davis broke into my colleague's son's house, with the intent of stealing. 

Instead, he tortured and cut a beautiful Great Pyrenees named Kenya, the family dog. Actually, Kenya belonged to his little girl who is 4 years old. Obviously she doesn't understand what happened at all, all she knows is her best friend isn't around anymore.

Kenya's owner is distraught, as I'm sure we all can imagine, especially since he arrived on the scene of the murder within minutes of it occurring and now he replays it in his mind, and he blames himself for not being a few minutes earlier.
Here's what I need from you all.

I would like to get a letter campaign going ASAP to the judge and DA who will be prosecuting this sicko. I would like to put pressure on them to throw the book at this guy.

He is out on bail (200.00). I need you to work fast though, because his court date is 11/23, next Wednesday.

My vision is that a flurry of letters and faxes and phone calls come in from all over the country, and that if they know the country is watching this case, they will act more strictly with this murderer.

The judges name and adress is:

Honorable Rebecca Knight
Buncombe County Courthouse
60 Court Plaza
Asheville, NC 28801-3583
her phone is:828) 232-2760 her fax is 828 232 2648
They would NOT give me an email for her!

The DA is :
Honorable Ronald Moore, DA
District Attourney's Office
Prosecutorial District #28
PO Box 7158
Asheville, NC 28802
phone: (828) 232-2500 fax 828 232 2283 (he was very nice when I called so please be polite! i know you guys always are

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2005, 10:30:24 pm »
I faxed letters from me and two other people.

Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2005, 10:46:11 pm »
This makes me so sick! I just want to jump through the computer and hurt the guy as much as he hurt that poor dog.
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.