Author Topic: Are Pigs Ears Alright for BIG PAW Puppy?  (Read 7335 times)

Offline Gevaudan_Jo

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: Are Pigs Ears Alright for BIG PAW Puppy?
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2005, 09:10:16 pm »
My boys get them all the time, well, they used to.
Memphis loves them its the only thing he really likes to chew, hes not a bone or a rawhide chewer, never knew why. And zero takes his outside to eat...
I, myself, love them for my boys it keeps them busy and quiet for like 10 mins.  But, i DO make sure that the ones i got are NOT green. bc i heard that isnt healthy.
As for the runs and choking, its never happened... my b/f used to bring them from work all the time also, when he worked in the vet clinic
Jo
Jodi & Darcy
Proud Parents of
Zero-Bull Terrier
Jigsaw-Bull Terrier
Repo- Jigsaw's baby Bull Terrier
Reba-Chinese Crested
Pavi-Xolo
Simba,Sabbath,Kimahri, Lil' Meow & Slimon-Cats
Robin the hermit crab and the 8 legged freak, Webley!
~ waiting at the bridge, Zeus and Memphis, great danes ~

k2campbell

« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2005, 03:56:04 pm »
Thanks all for your input on pigs ears!  I gave one to Kate last night (outside), she worked on it for about an hour or so.  She was happy, she hasn't had any gas (yet  ;)), and her stool was fine this morning (I thought maybe it would give her a bit of the runs).

So, I'll give her one about once every few weeks (as long as she's fine with them).  They are definitely an 'outside treat' though...

Thanks again!

Offline waffles717

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2005, 12:45:01 am »
there are Dried chicken it is smoked, my girl's really, like it, you could add, it to the food break it in peaces, they love it! it is 6,99 $ a lb, not bad!! have a good Turkey!!!love molly &Maggie!!!
This Beethoven, he went to vet yesterday, he is 36 pound and only 9 weeks old!

rickysmom1

« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2005, 12:56:40 am »
I've never given Tater a pigs ear, but recently I gave him a smoked lamb bone and he absolutely looooooooooove d it.  In fact he's gnawing on it right now and trying to get out the marrow. He didn't have any stomache issues so I think I'll get him one for xmas and maybe a beef heart as well. The pet store across the way from where I work sells them as well as pigs ears, pig snouts and beef tracheas (yuck  :P).

Offline yogibear

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2005, 07:28:01 pm »
 :o  Yogi must have burried one in my back yard because, (get ready this is really gross) he brought one back into the house and it had RE-HYDRATED !!!!   it was white, and it puffed back up to actual size, and it stunk like DEATH!