Author Topic: Phoebe has graduated.  (Read 3638 times)

Offline Mark Dozier

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
Phoebe has graduated.
« on: November 19, 2005, 04:03:35 am »
Goodbye Baby
Today we took Phoebe, age one year,  to the vet to put her to sleep. My wife found a new term for doing this. Iinstead of putting the dog down she graduated, because as my wife put it, Phoebe is doing to heaven so she is not going down therefor she graduated and is moving up ( to heaven).
My baby was loving, kind and loved by all who met her and it is my wisg to share this humble peom with you in her memory.

I feel the warmth of you sweet lithe body, the strength of your heart beating as you rest in my lap.
Slowly my hand caresses you silky smooth softness as the lights reflect off your bright shining blackness. The gleam of your eyes shining as you look deep past my eyes into my soul and see the love for you that lives in my heart.
Even pain and suffering does not still your desire to fill my lap with your warmth as you let your stillness show your contentment and happiness when we are together.
Bond by the ties of love many will never know or ever fathom our love will always be forever.
As others speak in memories of you and they see me smile I am counting my blessings of having known you, my sweet darling Phoebe, for even this short while.
I love you baby
Mark Dozier
servant of
Rolly - Walker Coon Hound
Ozzie - Maremma
Siearra - Great Pryenesse

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
Re: Phoebe has graduated.
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2005, 08:20:52 am »
 :'( :'( you are  so very blessed with that love.
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2005, 09:49:01 am »
I am so sorry about your loss :'(!  I agree that she has graduated to be with all the other wonderful souls at the bridge!  Please pass on our condolences to your wife!

Kiahpyr

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2005, 10:28:16 am »
I'm so sorry for your loss. That is a great way to think about our babies leaving us. I was very touched by the poem. Tell your wife that she is in our thoughts.

Icerotti

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2005, 11:02:23 am »
I am sorry for your loss. You are all in our thoughts and prayers at this difficult time.
Michelle

Offline Jessdryden

• Supreme Drooler
  • My girls
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2005, 11:22:52 am »
We are so sorry for your loss.  :'(

Offline 2dobies

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2005, 01:21:11 pm »
My deepest sympathy.  I know what it's like to lose a great dog.  Your poem touched me and made me remember good things about my beloved Bianca who left us 17 years ago.  I hope you and your wife know that we all feel your pain, also.
DOGS LAUGH, BUT THEY LAUGH WITH THEIR TAILS.