Author Topic: Hot Seat #5.......jjfritsche (Jeanne)!!!! Have fun!  (Read 19993 times)

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
Hot Seat #5.......jjfritsche (Jeanne)!!!! Have fun!
« on: November 20, 2005, 12:36:13 pm »
I am certainly happy to be out of the hot seat and happy to turn it over to the next person!!!
Now that you are there, Jeanne, I have just a few  ;D questions for you:

What is your favorite Thanksgiving tradition?   Christmas?

What's on your nightstand right now (G - ratee  :o)

What's your favorite book?

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
Re: Hot Seat #5.......jjfritsche (Jeanne)!!!! Have fun!
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2005, 12:50:16 pm »
Wow! I'm honored. Hmm... let's see...

Favorite Thanksgiving tradition: has to be going to my Grandma and Grandpa Jensen's house when I stilled lived at home in Omaha. This is my step-grandparents, but I never felt any less a part of the family. Grandma would make all the traditional stuff and we had the typical get together - adults at one table, kids at the "kiddie table", men watching football afterwards, etc. The kids would go in the basement to explore and play games. Just your typical warm, family get together. (except for perverted uncle who always gave us the "creepy eye", but that's another story)

Christmas: man, Christmas was such an awesome time growing up. Again we'd go to Grandma's and have even more goodies (she makes incredible desserts) and Dad would make pies and kuchen, but I think my favorite tradition and one my husband and I still practice today is that on Christmas eve, my family would always to eat at Burger King before going to the Christmas Eve service. We started this one year 'cause we were running late and nothing was open except Burger King. No one was there except us and the employees told us that if they didn't get any more customers after a certain time they would get to go home early. So, since then, we've made it a point to ruin their night! Hee Hee!!!

What's on my nightstand: aromatherapy diffuser that I never use, kleenex, cell phone charger, reading lamp, various reciepts and change that have been empited out of my pockets before getting ready for bed, cordless phone and magazines.

Favorite book: (this is easy) "Where the Red Fern Grows" by Wilson Rawls. I still read this book at least once a year and I still cry every time. I've been doing this since I was about 12.  All Harry Potter books run a close second.
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2005, 12:52:22 pm »
You've been granted one day of calorie free/bloat free endless eating!  What is on your plate?

Icerotti

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2005, 12:54:45 pm »
What will you do for New Years Eve?

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2005, 12:55:17 pm »
And what are your New Year's Resolutions?

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2005, 01:03:05 pm »
You've been granted one day of calorie free/bloat free endless eating!  What is on your plate?

Two words:  cheese and chocoloate
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2005, 01:04:38 pm »
What will you do for New Years Eve?

Sadly, I haven't a clue. I've never really been a big New Year's Eve person. We'll probably just make a campfire in the backyard and make smores and watch other people's fireworks while trying to keep the dogs out of the fire and the marshmellows!

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2005, 01:05:18 pm »
And what are your New Year's Resolutions?

Hmmm... To sue the pants off Swift Transportation and St. Catherine's hospital.  How's that?

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2005, 01:15:18 pm »
Sounds good to me!!!

Okay....what's your most embarrassing moment?

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2005, 01:19:22 pm »
Oh my! There's been so many  ::)

The first thing that ever pops to my mind when someone asks me this is when I was in 4th grade. I was in the library at school and had to go to the bathroom, but at my school you needed this special yellow pass to walk down the hall if classes were in session. My pass said I could go to the library, but not the bathroom. Well, the librarian wasn't around to give me another pass and I waited as long as I could, then realized a little too late I couldn't wait any longer. I remember left a little train from the checkout counter to the little girls room. Everything after that I've blocked out from my memory.

Aren't you glad you asked?

Icerotti

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2005, 01:21:51 pm »
Where or what do you hope to be doing in 10 years? ;D

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2005, 01:24:57 pm »
I think we'll be living in Minnesota. Hopefully, Johann will be driving for the local company up there, I'll either be managing a nearby Starbucks or completing my second best-selling novel and running a private, non-profit animal shelter and wildlife rehabilitation center on the property.

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2005, 02:00:35 pm »
Best Feature: smile

Favorite Day of the Week: any day I don't have to work (working 2 jobs sucks!)

coffee: well, I work at Starbucks, so I guess that tell you about everything. My favorite coffee there is Gazebo Blend, the new Christmas Blend and Cafe Verona.  My favorite Starbucks drink is: Grande, sugar-free vanilla and almond (tastes like amaretto), organic latte or blended strawberry lemonade with whip cream blended in.

Offline brandon

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
    • HaveParrotWillTravel.com
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2005, 02:06:49 pm »
Anyplace in the world you would most like to visit?
“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.â€

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2005, 02:58:49 pm »
What irritates you the most?  and I mean the-grit-your-teeth-and-might-just-explode-kind-of-irritation?